Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Sue Short Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Weez, have you tried paper scraps. As a gran senora I'm sure you've
done all sorts grand and great things. Antonio
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Mon May 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Boxes and bags are wonderful to play in Tat! Every single one of them that comes into my territory is MINE despite what mom says............Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon May 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Caddy Jim, she looks sort of mad that you were taking her pic in the first snap Evil or Very Mad !! Very adorable though Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm

ARNI - Yeah, she's beginning to say "Not MORE pictures? Jeez, when is enough?" But I WANT to take a lot of pictures, Tat - you're so cute!

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Someone gave my Meowmy a new leather backpack. It's smell so wonderful and I had
so much fun checking it out. I even slept on it. Meowmy thought that I was funny. Tat be
patient with Don Jim and his picture box. Meowmy does it to, I think they are silly but isn't nice
to have picture of ourselves for other people to admire how handsome we are. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon May 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Tat brown paper bags are great! they were one of the first toys the Rescue Kitties had (before that they were in nobe's big kitty condo cage (before it was Nobe's!)and had plastic spoons and straws for toys).
One word of warning from Toothpicky;......
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 5 100_0043
stick with PAPER not PLASTIC!
(though the plastic makes for a better 'puppet'...and yesh, he didn't stay this way, as soon as i took the picture the bag came off...but he got himself into it!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 pm

He does not look like a happy camper Very Happy
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon May 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Lol! Toothpick looks SO pissed! ROTFL Serves him right, though, for messing with those plastic bags. They are an abomination! Picky got rescued right after the pic, but those damed things are all over the place, scaring us creatures and choking wildlife. We have almost no plastic here, and what we do have is strictly for the baffroom trash can. Even that, Ma gathers. She'd rather walk out of a store with her arms full and dropping things than let them give her a plastic bag. 'Course, she's got all those cloth ones, so it's really not an issue.

Hoo! I think I just went off on one of Ma's rants. Sorry. I guess, after all these years of hearing them, they just ring in my ears. Uf, I gotta go lie down. Maybe that nice box in her office....
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

i think he was just mad that i took the picture. i don't take many plastic bags either....and those hang on the laundry room door knob thingie to collect dryer lint etc. (if you look hard you see that's a micheals bag he got into.....probably had yarn in it then:) ).
i think some states are trying to outlaw plastic bags (which i say HooRay! to)...i think the US should be like Europe where you have to PAY for bags! I put almost everything in my backpack or the totebags i put inside it. (but i have people i ring up at work who demand that they get a seperate bag for every item simply because their kids don't want anything to touch anyone else's stuff inside a bag! its such a money and petroleum waster!).I'm happy when i hear people who do their best NOT to use plastic;)

hmm...maybe we need to start PussyCats against Plastic Bags:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 pm

I try to stay away from plastic bag whenever possible - the Acme where I do most of my shopping now has paper bags - of reasonable strength, too - and the "customer" has a choice of "paper or plastic". I use the paper bags when I leave the trash out for collection - Voorhees takes paper, all kinds, separate from cans,plastic bottles, etc.

Since you had a picture of a cat "trashing" a plastic bag, I thought I would add my own - remembering Vic, and the way things were:
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 5 Cats062
And one other shot:
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 5 Cats060

Those were the days!

Caddy Jim study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm

What great snaps Jim. He was a handsome gentleman.

I hate plastic bags too. I can usually avoid them, between my backpack and cloth
bags I usually avoid them.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 am

Vic! I love those pix of him. How wonderful.

I try to use cloth bags for shopping, but I do keep a collection of plastic in an old litter pail to scoop the litterboxes. I haven't figured out how to scoop without some earth-destroying plastic involved.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Can't see the 'remember when' pics.

I make and use cloth bags for my groceries, but have to have plastic for the bathroom and scooping Bij's litterpan. If only they didn't require our garbage to be bagged to be put in the dumpster............I could eliminate a LOT of bags.

Tat, I don't like plastic bags either. I had one grab me around the neck with something heavy inside, and it chased me all over the apartment. I yelled for help but nobody was home to hear me. I was so scared. It even followed me into my hidey-hole cube bed. That's why I chew on those nasty plastic bags, so meowmy will throw them away..............Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Awwwww! Vic looks so cozy Smile

Like previous posters, I too use the plastic bags. I consider it part of my recycling. A week's worth of grocery shopping (plastic bags) seems to work well with twice-daily litter box scooping Cool
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 pm

oh those pics of vic would be great for a recycling promotion! (something about the horrors of people who have to have BOTH paper and plastic in their bags;) ).
the Rescue Kitties used to love (i should try it again...haven't had one for a while)Trader Joes bags. they are sturdy paper with handles. sometimes i used to get my stuff in them just to bring them home for cat toys;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue May 24, 2011 8:48 pm

I've noticed that EVERYTHING is packaged (overpackaged) in plastic now. Veggies come in shrink wrap unless you get them at the farmers' market, cereal has plastic (uncloseable) bags inside the boxes... Everything, everything has plastic and I am sick of it. If I could go for a week without getting any extra useless packaging and without using plastic, kitty eating bags, it would make me really happy.

Archimedes had an experience like Picky. The difference for him was that he got mad at the bag and tore it to shreds. It was hilarious to see him death kicking it and plastic pieces flying all over the place. Very Happy
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I misspoke. My Ma uses plastic to scoop my box, too, and there is a plastic bag in the kitchen trash as well. Apparently it's a big dilemma, needing to use them for certain things yet trying not to introduce new ones into the world. Like I said, Ma gathers most of the ones she uses; she gets them from cast-offs at work and uses the wrappings from paper towels and TP. (You should hear her grumble about those!) She says it's nearly impossible to be green without going nuts and living in a cabin like Ted Kazinski. Well. I don't know Ted Whosit and I don't want to be green! affraid I am beautiful like I am! And, if you ask me, my Ma is already a little nuts. She's kind, though, and fairly tolerant of me, and always ready with the food, so I give her a pass.

Uncle Jim, it made me laugh to see those pics of Vic. He was a fine cat! I know you must miss him. All departed cats should be missed and remembered! That's one of the things I like about the peoples here. They never forget their cats, yet they are brave enough to open their hearts to new ones. My Ma has pictures of cats going back to when she herself was kit (funny little black & white pics with bumpy edges), and the ones she doesn't have pics of she's told me about. And yet, after all those cats she loved, she was willing to love another. Here I am, and you, and Antonio. These humans have lots of flaws, but they have big hearts. Ya gotta give 'em that.

Don't tell Ma I said all those nice things. She might think I'm losing my edge.
~Weezer
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 pm

We won't Weez. We do it because we love. You see by bringing another kitty in the
house we remember the ones who have gone before. You see as long as you are remembered
with love you will never die. Meowmy
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed May 25, 2011 11:13 am

Caddy Jim's rambling - Thanks to all of you about the nice comments about Vic - both he and MommaCat were special - as was Samantha, my first cat - and of course, Tat's special, too (I would NOT forget you, Tat! cheers ).

Returning the forum posts to Tat - you may recall that Tat was going wild over the mousies that Dona Fiffur had sent - I needed to hide them at night so they would get "lost". I put them on a high shelf out of the way. Well, this morning, on our way down to breakfast, there in the hallway was "Green Mousie" from fiffur - and of course, Tat pounced on it and wrestled with it and hauled it foyer where she left it while I made her some "breakfast". I gathered up the mousie, put it back on the high shelf, and - lo and behoold - while reading the morning paper, I watched Tat jump up on the desk, then across to the table, then UP on the shelf, then KNOCK the mousie down, then wrestle with it AGAIN. HOW did she LEARN that the mousie was stored on the upper shelf and could get to it by following the trail?? Will wonders never cease?! scratch

Tat's session - I'LL never tell - SOME things are for us CATS to KNOW - right Antonio, and Wheezer, and all the rest? cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Yes that is very true, Tat Smile However, after many years of owning cats, I do suppose you must have smelled that Green Schmousie all the way up there! Wink
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

That sounds like a reasonable explanation to me..............the smell of catnip must linger and it's soooo tantilizing. Tat, I love it that you want those schmice to play with, and are enjoying them immensely. That was my intention when I sent them. But sweetie, you can get hurt if you miss while jumping up that high.

Jim, you might want to put those schmice in the jar of catnip IN the fridge. My hope is that Tat isn't strong enough to open the fridge door. I had to do the same for my Miss Kitty years ago..........otherwise she'd have never slept. Shocked
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 pm

fiffur - now THAT'S an idea! Closed in a jar, ABSORBING catnip geek , and Tat can't open the door (at least, I THINK she can't) cat to the refrig! I will try it! study

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 pm

The website Paws and Effect posted a story about one of their cats opening the
fridge door. Also there is a video making the rounds of a cat getting a bag of catnip
off very high shelf.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 pm

cat nip that's not closed in a glass screw lid jar just isn't safe at all! no matter where i could put a plastic bag (even sealed from the store) Buddy would get it and chew into it! nip must be really potent to those little kitty sniffers!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed May 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Hoo, Tat, aren't hummers silly? First of all, like you can't smell the nip and know exactly where it is? Rolling Eyes Second, even if you didn't actually see your Caddy put it on the shelf, does he think you don't have ears? They don't seem to realize we know EXACTLY where they are and what they're doing at all times inside the house. Just because we don't seem to care at any given moment doesn't mean we don't KNOW. The dog says hummers have limited senses. It goes against my nature to agree with her, but on this she might be right. Poor things.

Never been much of a nip fan, myself. Ma's last cat hated it! She drooled uncontrollably when she came in contact with it and avoided it at all costs. Me, I prefer the excitement of stalking birds. Caught a fair few in my time, too! Though not so much these last few years. Ma says I'm abominable. I'm pretty sure that's a compliment.

~Weez
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next