Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fluffnstuff Sun May 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Jim, is the last pic Sam? I was comparing the last pic to the pic of Sam that is used as your avatar.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by BobCat Sun May 29, 2011 10:21 pm

They both have very cute little heart-shaped noses too! I love you
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah, the last IS Sam - one of the BETTER pics I have of her - as is the one used for my avatar

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 am

Caddy Jim's update - I had mentioned that Tat really, REALLY likes the mousies that were sent from Dona fiffur - I keep them in the refrig when we're not playing with them, to keep from losing them in my house scratch Well, I noticed that Tat's play has morphed into the doggie game of "throw it, and I'll bring it back, so throw it AGAIN!!!!" - In about 75 % of the times, I throw the mousie, and Tat brings it RIGHT BACK TO ME cheers ! It's really great - other cats I've had attacked the object I've thrown, but they didn't bring it back Sad - I'd have to go over and pick it up and toss it off again, but no bringing it back. Looks like Tat has the smarts to play the doggie game - and the more I "practice", the better her moves will be! HooRay Miss Tat! cat

Caddy Jim lol!
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

She sounds so precious. I'm glad she is coming around to playing more. We never had any cats that played some variation of the doggie game of 'throw it'. Arwen loved to take her toy mice and throw them.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Wow, Jim, you seem to have aquired (or, more like, vise versa) one of those mythical cats who will play fetch. I've had cats who would play and cats who wouldn't, but I didn't believe in fetching cats until YouTube came along and proved me wrong. That is amazing and delightful! No, I misspelled. TAT is amazing and delightful! cheers
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 31, 2011 9:03 pm

cheers Way to go Tat.!!!!!! Like a Star @ heaven
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 31, 2011 9:39 pm

a fetching kitty...i've never had one of those! she might have to try a 'tailie thing' soon;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 am

Tat's chats - OK, what is ALL the fuss about the way I play Question scratch Yeah, Dona fiffur DID send me mousies. Yeah, they were fun to wrestle and bat around. My hooman, my caddy bounce , throws them around so I will chase them. BUT, come on you hoomans, do you KNOW the reason why cats cat chase them AND bring them back to their hooman? It's because we're TRYING TO TEACH HOOMANS geek to HUNT! Caddy Jim takes out the mousie; I give a lot of meows; caddy throws the mousie; I CHASE AFTER IT - RIGHT? and bring it BACK TO CADDY - RIGHT cheers ; then instead of wrestling with the mousie, like I think a hooman should do, Caddy Jim throws it AGAIN confused Sleep He doesn't seem to GET the PICTURE, right, my fellow cats scratch So I chase after the mousie AGAIN, bring it back to the hooman AGAIN - did hooman learn THIS TIME? No, AGAIN the mousie is thrown. What are we going to do with them? cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Tat, that is so sweet of you to teach your hooman how to hunt. Maybe your Caddy Jim needs to practice throwing it first before he wrestles on the floor with it Smile

My Beans likes to bring me her toys...although, she decided to do it all on her own Smile no throwing on my part at all, EVEN after she brings me the toy. She'll act all insulted (I think) if I do throw the toy for her to get it. Most of the time she'll rub my ankles with her face like she's done the best thing in the world...and she has Smile Like a Star @ heaven

Good Luck teaching your Caddy Jim how to hunt...!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Yes, we humans can be a bit slow sometimes in learning stuff. Be patient with your Caddy Tat, I know you're trying hard to teach him to hunt. Glad the schmice I sent makes a good teaching aid for you.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi, Tat. Gateway here. You are doing really good. My hoomans are so silly that I've taken to bringing them dinner. I have tried real schmouse AND birds. They seemed happy with the schmouse, but they did not eat it. My meowmy said she was sad at the bird. I don't know what to do with my hoomans. I think they need special school or something.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Keep it up, kid. He'll get it eventually. Showing Caddy how well you can hunt, and laying your prize at his feet, only to have him toss it away, seems like an insult to us. You gotta understand. HE thinks this is PRACTICE for YOU! Seriously! HE's trying to teach YOU to hunt! I know, rediculous. You're trying to show him how it's done and he just keeps trying to show you. Silly hummers. I'll bet he does have the praise thing down, though. Don't tell me he doesn't make a fuss when you present him with the prize. They are good at that. Nice thing about "toys" is, you can hunt them again and again. Once you graduate to the real thing, they get all weird and you never see the prize again after the praise part. Gateway knows what I'm talking about. Hummers are strange. Go figure.

~Weez
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:54 pm

bpaquet wrote:Hi, Tat. Gateway here. You are doing really good. My hoomans are so silly that I've taken to bringing them dinner. I have tried real schmouse AND birds. They seemed happy with the schmouse, but they did not eat it. My meowmy said she was sad at the bird. I don't know what to do with my hoomans. I think they need special school or something.

Love it Gateway!! I love you Especially the special school part Smile
ROTFL
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:56 pm

i guess the kitties figure we should all be riding off in the little yellow buses!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 am

Oh yesh! Those hoomans are just silly things. They eat some green stuff that looks horrid, and they say that shmousies are not fit for hooman consumption. Definitely special school time. Laughing

-Gateway
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:15 pm

I agree, my peoples need special school too, especially in the obedience classes!..........Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:28 pm

well, kitties don't understand that we can't digest those little bitty shmousie bones! (nor can we pick them out if we tried;) ).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Birdie bones too..............very hard to digest.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Caddy Jim's rambling - OK, it's me again. If you've been following along and getting all the crazy habits that Tatiana has, you might wonder whether or not I've gotten her to come to bed with me, or at least, jump up on the bed. Well, answer is NOPE! In NO way! Nada! For some reason, Tat will not lay down on the bed. One of my friends has come up with a possibility to explain this. Now, the shelter said Tat was about 3 years old (vet agrees), she's a VERY FRIENDLY cat, likes to curl up on my lap for a quick sleep, and rubs her face all over my hand when I hold it down. BUT, no jumping on bed! Maybe, according to my friend, with her previous parents (we're assuming she was SOMEWHERE in her earlier years), she was told "NO!! Get OFF the BED!!", and maybe she was even (Oh, I hate to imagine THAT!) pushed or spanked (if so, I hope it was GENTLY). Thus, she does NOT like to be on the bed - she won't come up when I'm there, she won't wrestle with the bed covers when I'm making the bed, she won't get under the covers at all, and she won't lie on the bed even when she's alone in the room. That could be the reason - I don't know for sure - any opinions out there among the Mutts forum? Let us all know. confused scratch

Caddy Jim afro
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Ma Suze here: Well, if you ever carry her around in your arms, you could take a stroll around the bedroom then sit on the bed still holding her, then get up and move away. That would be step 1 that the bed is OK for you both. You know what I'm saying, take baby steps to introduce her to the bed. Sit longer and longer each time, maybe eventually lie back or put her down beside you... well you get it.

Another thought is that she might object to your laundry detergent. So many have perfumes that certain cats might find obnoxious, or even trigger memories. Yes, the smell would be on your clothes, too, but your smell would also be there when she's in your lap and such. If you use the "free & clear" stuff, that's obviously not it.

My only other thought at the moment is to give her time. She's only been with you a few weeks and has 3 years of baggage to overcome. Intimacy is not something that can be forced. Keep building your relationship on her terms; relax, accept her ways, and trust that eventually she will trust yours. The time may come (maybe next winter when it's cold in her sleeping spots!) that she'll see the wisdom of curling up next to her nice warm Caddy in his nice warm bed. Until then, take a deep breath and let that issue go. Lap time and head rubs are pretty durned good for now, yes? I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Ma Suze, is very wise Tonio.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Oh, of course, it's a wise plan, suzzz - I wasn't saying that I was struggling with the bed issue - I'm willing to let Tat be Tat cat - I was just suggesting how her previous owners may have influenced her behavior with the big bed today. Suspect She's such a fascinating cat with much in her favor cheers not one that I would CERTAINLY GIVE BACK!! king

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 pm

you never know,jim, when it gets cold this winder she might just get up there on the bed with ya.....the Rescue Kitties don't like to be on the bed when its hot but when its cold they all pile on there. (and since its cold down here now last night they took up the bottom 3/4 of the bed and i had 1/4 ...maybe i could loan ya a Rescue Kitty to show Tat just how nice a bed it to sleep on;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Yep, Bobby is all snuggles on my pillow with me when it's cool, but with the warm spell we're having, he's content to drape himself over the footboard (which has the comforter draped over it too) or over the back of the recliner in the bedroom. That way he's in the room with us, but he's not being overheated. The doggies are always in the bed though... I remember fondly when they slept in their own room...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next