Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Jim! Bij doesn't like it when I wear shorts either.......now don't be a stranger!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Suzzzz Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Ha! Ma totally folded when nights got down in the 40's. She's so bundled up I can get in her lap with gripper claws fully extended and she doesn't feel a thing. She says that's one of the FEW advantages to coldnesses. She wants it to be 76F during the day then 65F at night. Always. She's dreaming.

Glad to see you and your Pa, though! Ma sends her condolences on insurance and contractor woes. You should hear her on the phone with them, all reasonable yet insistant, then cussing a blue streak when she hangs up! Learned some cool new words. I'll 'splain 'em to you when I figure them out. cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:14 pm

What are shorts? Meowmy just has long pants. Glad to hear from you Tat. Sounds like
you've been doing well.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 am

It IS chilly, isn't it? We've been wearing sweatshirts and long pants after last week's shorts and tank tops. The kitties have started piling on the bed, and the HEATER ran last night. What the??? Heater? We just had the AC on. Aren't we supposed to get a few weeks of open windows before we have to shut the house up again? The kitties protest that their windows are closed!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

We freeze in the morning but swelter in the afternoon this week here. Kitties don't know what to do anymore, Bij is messed up about what to do, my sis' kitties are too.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm

bpaquet wrote:It IS chilly, isn't it? We've been wearing sweatshirts and long pants after last week's shorts and tank tops. The kitties have started piling on the bed, and the HEATER ran last night. What the??? Heater? We just had the AC on. Aren't we supposed to get a few weeks of open windows before we have to shut the house up again? The kitties protest that their windows are closed!

Me, too! I had the AC on one minute, then suddenly had to put on my glasses and peer at the stupid digital thermostat to figure out how to run the heat! I brought home a bag full of sweaters from work today. Wore them into work in the mornings all week then abandoned and forgot them when temps perked up during the day. I feel like a grade school kid whose mom greats him at the door after school with "Where's your sweater??" At least I know where my Lost & Found is.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Caddy Jim - The heating guy is coming tomorrow morning (Thursday) to check the furnace, clean it, and turn it on - last week was kind of chilly, especially in the morning - now, the forecast is for 80 degrees (!!!!!) at the end of the week. Back to shorts!

Tat's tales - You put on shorts, I will NOT curl up in your lap and I will SHARPEN devilish my claws!! cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Now, Tat, don't be silly. If Caddy isn't comfortable he can't see to your
needs.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 pm

I know how it is this time of year: long pants and jacket in the morning praying for no cold wind blowing, then shorts and tshirt by afternoon. Nothing like changing clothes twice a day to stay comfy. Kitties should be patient with us peoples, we don't handle changes in temps as well as they do.

Tat, your Caddy needs snuggles from you regardless of what he's wearing.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Caddy Jim's update - A new take on Tat's "resting place" now that winter has come on - my house has gas forced air heat - most of the vents are down on the floor - Tat curls up ON TOP OF THE VENT - sometimes she completely covers the vent, and drifts off to sleep - no more climbing up on the bookcase, no more sitting on the cat table - maybe some lap sitting, but not as much as before - no, she is definitely a vent sitter! study

Tat's tales - What, you got a problem with that???? cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Bobby is a vent sitter too, as were several of my past kitties. Can you blame them? They're nice and toasty!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 pm

oooo toasted kitty! i'm not telling the Rescue Kitties about that...we don't have vents in the floor...but there's one on the wall in the bathroom (which is covered by one of those magnet things....i don't mind being chilly and it forces more heat upstairs)..i can just see them trying to hang from their nails on the wall to suck up the heat;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

We have floor vents, too, Tat. I won't sit on the ones that BLOW, but Ma covers the ones in the bedroom so she can sleep cold, and I love to sleep on the warm covers! There's also a nice spot on the floor in front of the fridge that wafts warm air. Warm spots are the best! cat

BTW, good to see you, kiddo!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:37 pm

My kitties sit next to the vents. We have a heat pump with vents in the floor downstairs, and another heat pump with vents in the ceiling upstairs. The kitties don't really like the air that comes out of the vents. They are more likely to nest into blankets, couch pillows or clothes that we've left lying around. When we had gas heat in our last house, Shadow and Archimedes did like to sit on the vents. I guess it all depends on the kind of heat.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Our vents are high up in the wall. I like to nest into things. Meowmy has all sorts of things on
the couch and the bed. I even have my own hand made blanket in the back of the couch to sleep on.
Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Tat, you've found the kitty's ultra secret toasting spot in the winter. So nice and warm...........my Miss Kitty loved nothing better than the floor heat vent, unless she could lay right on top of my heating pad when I moved off it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm

We don't have things like that here but I know all the warm
spots. Tonio.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 am

Hi, Tat. Tonio here. How have you and your Caddy been doing. It's gotten chilly here and
Meowmy has URI. I'm worried about her. She is drinking something called tay, which smells
almost as bad as stinky water. Fangsgiving was great and we had a lot of naps and snuggles.
How was yours? Let's know how you are doing? Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Tonio and all my other friends! santa I'm sorry it's been quite a while since my caddy or I have been here - study there's been a lot of activities, comings and goings, and stuff Caddy Jim seems to know all about - actually, that stuff doesn't interest me much! Sleep What's REALLY neat is parking myself by the front window and watching the BIRDS Twisted Evil and the SQUIRRELS Evil or Very Mad gather berries and acorns for the winter. In the afternoon, caddy and I play "Chase the Mousie" - cheers - back and forth in the front foyer. I can be FAST chasing them (caddy throws them FAR!) - then, after dinner, caddy watches something on the "fun box" called "Big Bang Theory" - confused - I don't understand everything on that, but I remember one show about Shelly and CATS! - geek - most of the time, I climb up on the back of the leather sofa (I'm VERY CAREFUL about scratching!), and curl up for a nice sleep. Sleep

We, caddy and myself, check in every day, and I know many meowmies and caddies have been telling about their adventures and sometimes with their worries Crying or Very sad but we haven't had time to reply. To everyone out there, remember you have our wishes for

((((((((((HEALTHY, HAPPY VIBES and GOOD WISHES)))))))))) from Tat cat and Caddy Jim Drooly
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Glad to know things are doing fine.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Good to see you both and know you're with us even if you can't post. Consider yourselves waved to from Suzzzz and Weezer when you're here! Very Happy cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Caddy Jim - Man, this is a news BULLETIN! Exclamation Tat was never one to jump on the bed, whether I'm in it or not. In fact, she jumped off if I placed her there. Sad This morning, about 5:30 AM, she came into my bedroom as usual, hunkered down on the furnace vents for a while, then JUMPED UP ON THE BED cheers up near my pillow and did some exploring What a Face I waited a few minutes, then scratched her cheeks and her head for awhile. I held open the blanket so if she wanted, she could come under, but that didn't interest her. Finally, she jumped over to the nightstand, then moved behind the drapes to "watch the sunrise"! bounce

Maybe she's found a new place to rest? Question Hope so! Will keep you posted.

Caddy Jim santa
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 pm

AWESOME!!!! I love you cheers sunny
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 pm

AWESOME INDEED!!!!!!!!!! Like a Star @ heaven sunny
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Now, that's a news flash! Hopeful, hopeful, hopeful sign!! Play it cool, Daddy-o; I'll bet she'll be back!

Hey, it took 15 years for Weezer to decide to sit in my lap, and she only started one winter afternoon last year when the power went out and it was freezing in here. Now that it's getting cold again she does it all the time. Winter has its uses!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next