Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight I am going to watch...

+9
Suzzzz
Bob
BobCat
Sue Short
lovekitties
fluffnstuff
jeanebellini
fiffur
WarriorNY
13 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tonight I am going to watch... - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight I am going to watch...

Post by Bob Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Watched Toy Story 3, Astroboy, Legion, Solomon Kane, Shrek 4, Percy Jackson and the lightning Thief, Sherlock Holmes and Avatar over the last few days.
Toy Story was a good as ever.
Astroboy so-so
Legion. A good idea that could have been better.
Shrek 4. Good but could have had a few more laughs
Percy Jackson was an enjoyable film and was a no brainer.
Sherlock Holmes. Well I enjoyed it but question whether Robert DOwney Jr was quite right in the role. He's great as Tony Stark in Iron Man (1 & 2) and I look forward to the Avengers movie.
Only problem with Avatar is that it's not entirely original. Back in 1956 Poul Anderson wrote a short story called 'Call Me Joe'. It concerned a genetically engineered creature, slate blue in colour with a tail. The creature was constructed to work on Jupiter (where man couldn't go) and was controlled telepathically by a guy who had been crippled in an accident and who was confined to a wheelchair. The story ends with his psyche being transferred permanently into the body of the creature. Sound familiar?
If you haven't already seen it watch Solomon Kane it's terrific. Very much in keeping with the Robert E Howard character.

I can hardly wait for 2011. We get Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America movies. Chris Hemsworth who played Kirks father in the latest Star Trek film (also fantastic) plays Thor. Ryan Reynolds is Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) and Chris Evans is Captain America.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Tonight I am going to watch... - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight I am going to watch...

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:26 pm

i'm watching Medium right now then will have to try to get to sleep. early morning tomorrow and i don't know where i'll be working in the store.

there's a big controversy about the new Green Latern costume...they had to digitally paint it one (because they had to put those image capture 'dots' on him when they were filming)and i guess some folks think its too 'revealing'.
Do you know anything about the new Scott Pilgrim film coming out,Bob? i've only heard about it...don't know too much of the back ground stuff.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 am

Try this website Jeanne www.scottpilgrimthemovie.com there are videos and a synopsis of the story. From what I can gather from a review I read it is Michael Cera playing the same character he usually does. I liked him in Arrested Development but everything he does seems so samey.

I haven't seen the Green Lantern costume yet I hope it is as near to the original GL costume as possible. Ahhhh the halcyon days when Gill Kane illustrated it.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Not sure what we're watching tonight. Last night's movie was pretty funny.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:17 pm

i don't know why (unless the 'kid' upstairs got ahold of it and is reading it cover to cover before i get to see it)i haven't gotten my ETW...i have been getting it on Thurs and its Sat and i've not seen it. It has the guy in his Green Latern costume.

i've read a few things from facebook friends who are cartoonists and they don't think too highly of the scott pilgrim movie. i'm wondering if its for the same reason? i know what you mean about that guy always seeming to play the same character. he's a funny guy but i think he would have done better on SNL where he could do different characters.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm

The Searchers. Stars John Wayne, directed by John Ford, Has a wonderful
cast. Ward Bond, Walter Brennan, Jeffery Hunter, Natilie Wood.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:14 pm

jeanebellini wrote:i don't know why (unless the 'kid' upstairs got ahold of it and is reading it cover to cover before i get to see it)i haven't gotten my ETW...i have been getting it on Thurs and its Sat and i've not seen it. It has the guy in his Green Latern costume.

I found a picture on the internet and it looks as though he's been skinned and his muscles are green. On first impressions I don't like it at all.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 pm

i wonder if there's anything they can do in post production to fix that look....hmmm...i won't see the moviei probably, but i like to see what's going on.

i'm watching this cake making show where they're making cakes for R&R Hall of Fame's 25th Anniversary and the cake that won looks like crap! after this...i've got to get up and turn the channels cuz i have no idea what is on.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:10 pm

PBS Mystery. it's a Hercule Periot story. Really very good.
David Suchet is really very clever in this role.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Sue Short wrote:

PBS Mystery. it's a Hercule Periot story. Really very good.
David Suchet is really very clever in this role.

David Suchet is terrific as Poirot isn't he? He really has all of Poirot's mannerisms off perfectly.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 pm

It's interesting to note that I've never particulary cared for
Agatha Christie. I don't even think I've read any of her books
but there is something about the Hercule Periot series with
David Suchet that is just wonderful.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Probably more greatest American Hero tonight. Watched a Aliens vs Predator movie marathon Satuday (both movies back to back) while eating pizza.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Memphis Beat is on tonight..i've really gotten to like that show.

as for Agatha ....i like the Miss Marple PBS Mysteries...there's one Miss Marple who used to be on this show ..i can't remember the name but it was some sort of Berry! (Mulberry Days?) She is the most perfect Miss Marple right down to the knitting:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Tonight I am going to watch the 2003 live/animated movie Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 am

Watching Planet 51 tonight. Should be fun. Has anyone here seen that one yet?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Hmm...i forgot to watch Dinner Impossible last night..i KNEW i was missing something!
'Its Ace of Cakes and Royal Pains...though one i'll have to watch at their second airing cuz they're on at the same time!!!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:18 pm

fiffur wrote:Watching Planet 51 tonight. Should be fun. Has anyone here seen that one yet?

I did.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

we/;ve sold it, but i have no idea how it is...was it any good Warrior?

i've got the Simpson's movie on right now...nothing on between 8:00 and 9:00.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 pm

The original CSI. Not sure what else.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm

jeanebellini wrote:we/;ve sold it, but i have no idea how it is...was it any good Warrior?

i've got the Simpson's movie on right now...nothing on between 8:00 and 9:00.

I liked it. It was cute.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh yes, and some of it was downright funny. Had Brad laughing so hard he nearly fell out of his wheelchair, and was gasping for air! Shocked

Not sure what we're watching tonight, but I'm sure mom has something in her collection we haven't watched yet. She has more dvds than the library does!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:27 pm

oh,i put what i'll be watching i the wrong spot.....but i think it will be Wendy (no O) Williams later. And probably Medium before that.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Finally turned the T.V. on to watch
Flashpoint.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Watched Crazy on the Outside last night on dvd. Tonight it's Return to House on Haunted Hill.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm

have Globe Trekker on now...i doi'nt recognize the lady who's the host on this one so they must be new. I really love watching the stubby little English guy he's always hilarious!
This lady is visiting some Rastas now...very interesting.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next