Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School - Page 3 Empty Re: Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Seeing the other horse really does help. The poor horse across the street doesn't have any buddies or anyone who really pays attention to him. He and Cree talk across the corner quite a bit.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School - Page 3 Empty Re: Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

Post by Sue Short Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:08 pm

That's sad. Horses are social animals and really like company.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Those people have no business with animals of any sort. They let a mama goat go for weeks without being milked, and she got very sick. They got rid of the goats (we don't know how). Their St. Bernard never gets to go inside no matter how awful the weather. They had a cat and no one's seen it in ages. Now, they supposedly are watching this young horse for someone who bought more than she can handle. They're letting a young horse hang around in a field with very little attention and no handling. It's going to be a big, untrained horse prime for the killers since no one will want to buy a horse like that. He's cute, but nothing special enough to talk people into taking such a big problem. GRRR

bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Mad Steaming made.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 am

Horrible scum!  Mad 

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 am

The kicker is that the dad is a minister. He answers his door at night dressed in a flak jacket with a gun in his hand. Umm... Think I'll avoid THAT church. I can't bring myself to offer to help with the horse because I'm afraid of the people. Sad
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 am

On a happier note, Cree and Bingo are becoming good friends. Bingo runs out to the pasture to be with Cree. They hang out together, and sometimes play tag. Cree fake kicks (away from Bingo) and Bingo keeps a respectful distance. Today, I heard Cree call for his dog. I let Bingo out, and the two of them went galloping around the pasture.

I hope this continues after I bring Envoy home. He comes first since he and Cree need to get along when Kina is thrown into the mix. Can't have the boys fighting over the girl.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 am

I think that's very smart Becky. At least with Bingo, Cree has some company.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:56 pm

And those sorts of friendships tend to last for life from what I've seen on tv and online. I think it's wonderful for Cree and Bingo too.
As for the poor horse across the street, can't the ASPCA do anything about the neglect? Or do we have to email the show Animal Cops? Poor horse.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:12 pm

The ASPCA won't come for the horse because he gets food, water, and shelter (small run-in shed). They don't consider lack of attention neglect.

I stayed home today (every other Friday is no-work day). Cree talked with the horse across the street all day. I started prepping the barn for Envoy's return. I need to buy a new stall mat since one of his has a tear in it. I also have TONS of blankets to take to the laundromat.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Frustrating isn't it.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:08 am

I call emotional neglect abuse! Poor horse.  Evil or Very Mad 
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Good news? The horse's owners picked him up today. I hope he's going to a better home than the one he had. Cree doesn't seem upset. He will have buddies at home next weekend.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm

I hope so too.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm

I had to give Envoy a shower after today's ride. He was hot with his winter fur still shedding and temps approaching 80. It was a GLORIOUS day for those of us without fur.

I think he and Kina are ready to come home. They miss grass and more room to run. I'm prepping for the trip home now. This week, I'll start bringing stuff home. I have a lot to shlep home and clean.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 pm

don't kids always come home with dirty laundry.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Loads and loads of it. Each of them has a sheet, a blanket, a blanket liner for really cold days, and a neck cover. It's insane. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Sounds like they've got more winter clothes than all of us put together.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Except for me!  Laughing 

I know Cree will be very glad to see Kina and Envoy. I bet that other horse told him all about what living across the road was like. Glad to hear he got to go home....hopefully to a better place than across the road.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 pm

We're going to do gradual introductions. Cree and Envoy will go out together, and Kina will be in the next door pasture. Then, in a few days, we'll start introducing everyone. I hope this means that we won't have the boys fighting over the girl.

Good thing I hadn't brought home blankets yet. It's POURING and cold outside. I thought we might just have escaped winter. Not so.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:51 pm

I know, winter came back here too with a vengeance.
If the boys are both 'fixed' why would they fight over the girl?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Even though the boys don't have their "equipment" any more, they still have some stallion instincts. Someone is always at the head of the herd. They don't fight for breeding, but they can get into competitions for leadership.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Aren't YOU supposed to be the herd leader?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 pm

I am, but when I'm not in the pasture, someone is always in charge. The biggest problem is that I don't have a "natural born leader" in the herd. Envoy is going to be the leader, but he doesn't really know how to do it. He's never been in charge before. He's learning, but Cree is kind of studdish, and he doesn't really know how to assert his leadership without stomping his feet and squealing. A real leader horse leads with just looks and postures.

I think Cree and Envoy would be fine if Kina wasn't in the mix. Envoy really protects her and keeps himself between Cree and her. She is HIS girl.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:46 am

OhBoy, you have a fun summer ahead of you.  Rolling Eyes 
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3