Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

3 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit Empty Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

Post by Sue Short Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:21 pm

Starting a new thread for the new flatmates. Squeaks Hooligan became part of the household last year around this time. Hope Hissfit at the first of this month. More details later.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit Empty Re: Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

Post by bpaquet Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:51 am

Hi Squeaks and Hope! Mousse here. I am a long-time poster here and a long-time pet in my house-y. I came when I was tiny and I am 10 now. I have a new house-y now, but I used to live on a farm with brothers who went outside and told me exciting stories about barns. I have never really wanted to go out, but I do like hearing adventures.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:02 am

Hello new friends. I am Winnie. I took a long time to warm up to this pet thing, but I really like it now. I was a new mama cat when I came to my family, and my babies had just left. Now, I live inside and have toys and trees. I like to run around and kill my toys. I am learning to talk like my brother does. Welcome to our forum!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 am

Hi, Mousse and Winnie. Glad to see you again. I used to live and country I like having adventures. It was not safe though, a kind person rescued from a possible fate of being coyote bait. I've several homes before I don't know why I lost them. Still, Bast was kind to me, she sent me Food Lady. Food Lady is the best, even though she fusses and says I'm a Hooligan.

Winnie, I understand about warming up to be a pet. Our new flatmate is having a hard time too. Life has not been kind to her, Food Lady says we must be patient. She also told me not to be such a rude bugger. Her name is Hope Hissyfit. She will tell her story later.

Squeaks Hooligan
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Hi, Mousse, Hi Winnie,
My name is Hope Hissyfit. Hope was the name given to me by the people at Dallas Animal Services. I had other names in the past that were not so nice. I also had other homes, but they weren't nice, so I'm easily frightened and become aggressive. I'm called Hissyfit, cause I''m always being told to knock off the hissyfit.

I'm not starting to not only hope but believe I've finally found a forever home. I don't know, this place feels different and the human is different. When I become frightened and angry, she is patient. The human I found out is Food Lady.

Hope Hissyfit

It took three people to get Hope transferred from her kennel to my crate. When I saw that going on, I told them no matter what happens I will take her anyway. I think they are still shocked if not stunned. Food Lady

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:39 pm

I hope it works out. Tortie was a feral when she got trapped, then straight to get spayed and shots, then home to be inside. It took her a very long time to become tame and it her a long time to realize food will come on a regular schedule.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:03 pm

Tortie, was less than a year wasn't she? That may have made it easier. Still has the good life.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Torie may have been at least a year old when she randomly showed up. She may have been born outside since no one could touch her when she showed up.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:04 pm

For some reason, I thought she was younger. Still, she has a great life.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:23 am

Hi Hope,

I was a new mama cat when the nice people at the shelter got me. I got through the babies part and then was very frightened. I had been wild and I was not sure what inside was. I do remember it was very different. When I got to my new house-y, there was a brother. I was sure he was a boy cat that would hurt my babies, so I lashed out at him. I scared him badly and he got sick from it. I didn't mean to, but I was scared too.

I have been with my humans for a long time now. We changed to a new house-y, but I really like being inside. I have an annoying doggie brother and I love my Mouski brother. He is gentle and lets me steal his foods. And there are things called treats. Those are the best!

And guess what! The best day of all is coming up. Fangsgiving has turkey. I like eating the livers that my meowmy puts in my dish, It is delicious.

Winnie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Hi Winnie,
I'm not sure if I ever had babies. My memory is all fuzzy and what I do remember is not pleasant. My last memory is the shelter where Food Lady found me. I was terrified out of my mind. You see this was my second time there. I'm sorry to hear about your brother being ill, I'm sure he's forgiven you and understood your fears.

I haven't been with Food Lady and Squeaks very long. She's different, even when upset with all the uproar that Squeaks and I cause. She doesn't try to hit or kick me, she calmly separates us, tells us to stop being silly buggers and to knock it off. I'm not sure if I like Squeaks or not. He can be rude, Food Lady says I'm not Miss Manner either.

Fangsgiving sounds great, I don't what it is. Still it sounds wonderful. I wonder if Food Lady will make us something special.

Hope

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:21 pm

Hi Hope. Mousse here. I think your Food Lady will make you lots of special things. She is very nice. She once sent me a special present of nip! It was so wonderful. I rolled all over it. My meowmy used some of it in some toys and I still sing to those toys. Try to be calm in your new house-y. It is nice to have special people with us. I love my meowmy and lie by her every night. I even kind of like my sister even though she is crazy.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:04 am

Hi Mouski, Squeaks said she doesn't do special foods for us. That's okay, the food we do have is fresh and plentiful. And the water, the water is so good, it's always fresh and doesn't have an off taste. Did I mention the litter boxes, I don't have to live next to my litter box.

Today was much calmer, Squeaks and I even shared the Giant Cat Bed. It's still very new and strange. There are times I think it's a dream. Did I tell you there is a door that leads to something called a balcony, so far I've been to scared to go out. what if I go out and she doesn't let me back in? I see Squeaks go in and out so it must be okay.

We have a box with our toys and catnip in it. I've tried to play with the toys but I'm not sure what to do. Food Lady says that's okay, it will come with time. I know Squeaks plays, she calls him Ricochet Rabbit. Do you think I can learn from him?

I will try to be calm, it's hard for me.

Hope

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 am

Hi Hope. It will be fine with the toys. My sister took a long time to learn about toys. I have a whole bunch and we don't share many of them except the pink pillow. My meowmy says it's gross and she puts in something called a washer. After that, it smells different and we have to get it right again. Take your time, but do know that toys are very fun. I like to sing to mine.

As far as outside-y goes, it's a strange place. My sister knows more about it than I do. I have a play pen to make it safe for me, and I enjoy going into the sun on nice days. I don't ever go out on my own though. I find it much too big. So, my meowmy sets up my play pen and carries me there. Once I am safely zipped in, I relax and watch birds. My sister prefers to stay inside. She says she had enough outside for the rest of her life.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi Mouski,
I played with the toys today. Food Lady laughed, she told I will get it. Squeaks and I did squabble this morning. It was before Food Lady had something called coffee, she sounded cross but didn't do anything other than say rude words and get our breakfast ready.

I understand, so have I. Squeaks used to live outdoors, so I can't understand why he wants to go back out I can sit in different windows to watch birds. I like that my favorite spot is on the Giant Cat Bed. I have to share it with Squeaks, this makes Food Lady happy.

Hope

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:24 pm

Hi Hope

I'm Junko and named after the late Junko Tabei, Japanese mountain climber. I was born outside to a feral mom. I started to climb after I started to learn to walk. Whenever my hoomans came out to check on me, I tried to climb up legs and climbed onto shoulders and backs every time I was picked up. I was taken inside when my real mom rejected me and I was a month old. I don't play toys even though I have them I'm an only cat. I lost my big tabby brother Jack few years ago. I lost my little in size sister Tortie last year. I'm still loved.

Junko
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi Junko,

Please to meet you. That's awful that your real Mom rejected you. Still you had a better start than I did. Now all is well. Even though Squeaks and I still fuss at each other, we do spend time on the Giant Cat Bed together.

I'm sorry to hear about your siblings. That must have been hard.

Hope
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:37 am

Hi Junko. Good to see you again. I don't climb, but I do jump. My meowmy often finds me in high places staring down at her. My favorite is on top of the refrigerator because it's warm.

Winnie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:02 pm

I've climbed to the top of the fridge. Food Lady rolled her eyes and ignored me. The weather has been mild here today and sun puddles strong so I spent part of the afternoon being balcony bum. Hope is spending part of here day being a bed bum. In the fall/winter even the bedroom gets lots of sun puddles.

We've been behaving a bit better, though Food Lady says she could live without the mornings snits. Still we've gotten better, at least we let her start her coffee.

We had a pleasant Fangsgiving. Food Lady had a friend over, he's really nice. he was the one who helped Food Lady adopt Hope.

Squeaks
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:13 am

Hi Squeaks. It sounds very nice in your flat. We are getting sun puddles too, although today the sun is hiding and it is windy outside. The birdies and squirrels are not playing near the windows.

My meowmy is taking me to the doctor on Monday. I am still very itchy and now I have something called hot spots. They hurt and itch all at the same time. She is sure I am allergic to something. Maybe leaves. Maybe life. She is not sure, so I get to go. I don't like going but my doctor is very nice to me. He helps me feel betters. He also helped my Bingo brother during a very hard time and helped him over the Rainbow Bridge. I like Dr. Hale.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi Mouski,
Our weather is pleasant today but it's supposed to turn and not be so pleasant.

I'm sorry you have to go see Dr. Hale. Hopefully he can find out what is going on. I went to see Dr. Yzagrre (I call him Dr. Izzy) for annual check up and shots, then I had to get a booster. Food Lady says, I'm done for the year. Hope was supposed to go, Dallas Animal Services gave Food Lady a coupon for a free exam. She dropped the records off and talked to them about it, they decided that since she was current on her shots, that she would go next year. Food Lady and the techs decided she was still to stressed.

Speaking of stress the coffee pot died this morning. MOUSES!!! was Food Lady upset. Then Hope and I started squabbling and she was even more upset. We finally settled down and she found coffee so things are getting back to our normal lazy pace.

Squeaks

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:45 am

Broken coffee pot?! MOUSES is right!! My meowmy would be very upset. She has something she calls a French press, but she says that takes effort and is for afternoons with friends.

Yesterday was very chilly here. There were sun puddles but it was windy. My meowmy turned on the fireplace when she was done walking my doggie. I had to sit by the fireplace because it is so nice and warm. She turned it off after a bit because it started getting too warm.

Today is gloomy and it looks like it might start to rain. That means it is a good day to stay on the giant cat bed.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:44 pm

I know she's still grumpy to say the least. A friend of hers suggested something called an Aeropress. She put it on her Amazon shopping list

The fireplace sounds nice. We have magic blankets and throws. Food Lady pushes a button then they get nice and warm. Great to snuggle in.

It's cold but sunny here. I did my balcony routine, then Hope and I had our morning squabbles. this annoys Food Lady. I enjoy but Food Lady and Hope are not amused. Squeaks

Hi Mouski, Hope checking in. things are going well, this forever home is a great thing. Well okay, it would be greater without a pesky flatmate. Food Lady says we both need to get over it. I've been sleeping with Food Lady in the Giant Cat Bed, that is so nice. My favorite den is under the bed. I am starting to play a bit. I've never played much before. Oh, and another thing the food. It's plentiful and I always know what I'm getting. The flavors of wet food change, that's okay. I get a whole tin to myself. Well sometimes Squeaks takes a nibble, that's okay. He doesn't like so I get the rest to myself. The water, the water is divine, it doesn't have a strange metal taste. I haven't checked out the balcony yet, pesky flatmate won't share.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:41 pm

My favorite hooman had been away from her writing box since last Thursday. All my hoomans are glad I made it and being with them for as long as I have. It was hard for me losing my siblings. My favorite hooman made sure she spent extra time with me to help me cope. She has a sad story about Lorien, maybe tell it one day. My caddy drinks coffee, but no one else does. He hasn't to deal with a broken coffee pot.

Junko
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Food Lady says she spends too much time on it. Still we get lots of attention. She plays with us and caters to our every need. The new coffee maker is here, MOUSES!!!! you should have seen the happy dance. It was so funny. Hopefully she won't as grumpy.

Today we snitted a bit but no squabbles. Food Lady was happy, we even had several hours of detente again on the Giant Cat Bed. This makes Food Lady even happier. I even played a bit.

Hope
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next