Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit - Page 7 Empty Re: Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

Post by bpaquet Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 pm

He has finally gotten over the stick vacuum I have now. He used to bark at it and try to bite it. The vacuum didn't care and I laughed at him. Now, he sleeps through vacuum day. The cats also have decided that it isn't worth getting upset about. If/when I change things, I'm sure there will be huffing, puffing, hissing, barking. Laughing
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit - Page 7 Empty Re: Squeaks Hooligan and Hope Hissyfit

Post by Sue Short Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

Of course it will change.
I have a temp foster. The property manager of my complex called me today about a tenant with a kitten he couldn't keep. I'm not quite clear on the backstory. Anyway, there is a two pet policy here, since she is property manager she couldn't keep him and has two cats already. So we are working together to get him placed with a rescue. She is contacting the rescues, Jaye(his/her name). Jaye is the property managers name, it beats what I was going to call him.

Tuesday I will take him the vet for a wellness check, possibly shots. I have to take Squeaks for his six month senior wellness. I'm hoping my vet will only charge me for one office call.
The Barbarians are not amused

Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

I hope it's only one office call since you're only calling once. Sure, it's with 2 patients, but still...

I hope the kitten lands in a soft place. I don't know if GMHS can help from VA, but they might have resources in TX if you can't find someone.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm

One can but hope.

Thanks for the idea. Jaye Wildebeest has spent the day out of the bathroom. So far, so good. He and Squeaks have gotten along well. Hope to the high ground on the Giant Cat Bed, then retreated underneath it. I will put him back in the bathroom overnight. I don't trust Hope she's not called Hissyfit for nothing.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am

Ha! I know about that. Winnie the Wild was that way for years. She is settling with Mouski, but stranger kitties get the crazy treatment. We are very selective about who can visit and how.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 pm

Jaye and Squeaks are bird watching on the balcony right now. Hope has claimed her favorite spot on the Giant Cat Bed. both he and Squeaks are Ricochet Rabbits. I'm still working on getting him placed with a rescue.

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm

This reminds me of Jack's Native name. After he got neutered, it took a long time for his hormones to settle down. He got neutered as an adult, since he was still intacted when he showed up.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 pm

Something is going on with Hope. She has become more aggressive. When I first adopted her she would occasionally shake her head, and scratch at her ears. I've never send any sign of ear mites and infection. She's also become even more touchy about them. Also her appetite has decreased. I will talk to the vet on Tuesday and make arrangements to take her in.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 03, 2024 8:54 am

Mouski is funny about his ears in the same way and has been since he was a kitten. He had a terrible URI then, and the vet suspects something from that affected his ears. Winnie goes through aggressive times even now. It's almost like she still goes into heat, but she is definitely not doing that. I have yet to figure it out. Mouski and the rest of us just give her space when she's in a "mood."
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 03, 2024 10:30 am

Hope always seems to be in the mood. Squeaks and Jaye have become best buddies. He will be sad when she leaves in June. His namesake's daughter and her boyfriend will taking her. They will pay an adoption fee to one of the local rescues and help a bit with the vet bills.

Speaking of Jaye, I found the toilet paper in the living room this morning.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 am

Kitten evidence. Laughing She sounds lovely. It takes such a big, brave heart to foster. I know I would cry and cry when the baby left.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 04, 2024 11:40 am

I know I will cry a bit. Better a few tears than the other options.

right now she and Squeaks are bird watching balcony bums. Hope has gone back to be. The wet food has been dutifully snubbed.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 am

I love you

Everyone here gobbled wet food. It was Meow Luau day. (Meow Luau)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 05, 2024 11:02 am

Again the wet food has been snubbed. Hope is bird watching from the comfort of the living room. Squeaks and Jaye are pretending to be mighty hunters.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon May 06, 2024 7:32 pm

No snubbing here again. Everyone is eating like they haven't seen food in a year.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 pm

LOL!! Hope finished off the tinned kitten food. Snubbed the adult. They are all nibbling on the kibble. Right everyone is resting from the hard labors of trying to be not only mighty hunters but bird watching.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm

Arwen watched birds all the time and she chattered while watching them. Jack and Lorien chattered some.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 08, 2024 9:59 pm

Squeaks and Jaye are big chatters.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 10, 2024 7:36 am

Mouski and Winnie chatter at bugs. They are silent stalkers for birds and squirrels.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 am

Squeaks, Hope and Jaye chatter at the birds. Squeaks likes to talk to though. Sometimes I think he likes the sound of his own voice.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 10, 2024 4:30 pm

Mouski is 1/2 Siamese. He loves to hear himself talk. He carries his pink sock around the house and sings to it.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Jaye loves carrying her toys around too. I know I will miss her when she goes to her forever home but I think Squeaks will miss her even more. He has had a playmate.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Today at 7:35 am

I kind of enjoy waking up and playing find the toys. It tells me that Mouski has felt well all night.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Today at 9:48 am

Same with Jaye.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7