Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's the weather?

+15
MichelleB
Suzzzz
WarriorNY
ARNIgal
gbste
Sue Short
jimkr2t
Susan A
Fisshy
jeanebellini
lovekitties
fiffur
BobCat
Magdalene
fluffnstuff
19 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 3 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:09 pm

So did I arni, they're drip drying in the bathroom right now after handwashing them at 4am (can you tell I couldn't sleep?).

Heat index last night at 11pm after I gave up trying to sleep in that heat: 89° Heat index as I type this: 90° and climbing. No breeze outside to speak of........humid as hell and sunny. When it rained this morning (I got soaked on my way to the library) it quit as soon as I came inside. Rained just enough to make it a sauna out there, not cool things off. No wonder the birds here aren't singing much in the afternoon, it's too damned hot to move much less sing. I've tried the cold showers, I start sweating within 5 minutes of toweling off. Supposed to get more rain tonight...........it will not cool things off. We can't get below 72° at night...

But we are a few degrees cooler than the poor folks like Jeane, Lovekitties, and Becky out on the East Coast. They're positively roasting out there.

Last edited by fiffur on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Hot again and I wouldn't be surprised if it made it to the lower 90's today. It felt like someone turned on an oven and opened the door.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Storms are moving into the area now.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:20 pm

we got a heavy downpour for a brief time this morning (or around noon?) but its still hot. the temp's not quite as high was it was but it feels just as hot or hotter. (and very hot behind the computerized registers;;esh!).i feel like a wrung out dishrag before i even get home!
i can NOT wait til the temps are down to the 50s and 60s and stay there!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Soggy, hot, humid. Nasty.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Sunny, a bit less humid Thank God, and it's only 82 as I type this. Lord, I never thought I'd use the word "only" in conjunction with the temp "82". Going up to around 85 today. Supposed to finally drop to around 65 overnight. I might actually get it to cool off a bit at home. Small chance of rain tomorrow afternoon, probably just enough to make it muggy out there.

But it's back in the broiler before next Wednesday for us.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Broiler season is here a bit early, it's already over 84 out there and still rising. So sunny you are blinded even with sunglasses on. And not much of a breeze to talk about either. I have a feeling this is going to be a very wet, hot, long and humid summer.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 pm

hazy hot humid (well, not so hazy or humid today) but till hot, supposed to be in the 90s again, but at least it's not reaching the record over 100 deg we had three days in a row last week
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 pm

We had fog this morning! Actually cooled off to 64 but the humidity is so high. Had rain off/on last night, nothing too drastic. More in the forecast maybe today. Temps rising every day and will be in the danger zone according to the weatherman by Wednesday. Said it will feel like 100+ out there with the humidity.

I think I can bake cookies in the backseat of my car in that kind of heat. I'm going to feel like a melted ice cream cone on the sidewalk..........and probably look the part somewhat too. Shocked
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm

even though its not 100 it feels over 100....just soooo freakin hot. i try to open the door to get some air (there's a screen door)so i'm not breathing in the mold,mildew and dust inside...vaccuum doesn't work much any more and the broom doesn't do any better).when i have to close up the door at night and they turn the ac unit off in the kitchen (yeah..there's an ac in the kitchen but none for the kitties...don't ask me..it doesn't make sense to me either)at night it gets pretty hot. Also hot when i get home cuz i'm afraid to leave the fans going while i'm gone. they're getting old and have fallen over so many times the casing is cracked on one.)the kitties are closed in here with one fan (out by nobe) going.
the kitties are smart enough to lay on the step at the bottom of the stairs to try to get some of the kitchen ac through the door crack or to lay on the bed where its dark...but its not the same as having nice cool ac.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Poor kitties and poor you. Why don't they let a bit of the Ac come downstairs? Don't they know how hot it gets down there all closed up with not even a window open to let the breeze come in at night? Sheesh....some people have no consideration for others...............

Muggy all night with a few sprinkles, had fog again this morning with a few more sprinkles, very humid out there. 68 this morning at 7:30 am already. Now it's 79 and feels like 82 and climbing. Going up a few more degrees. Tomorrow it's supposed to feel like a sauna out there with just enough rain tomorrow night so it can't cool off, just stay "hot and humid". Lord, I'm sick of hearing those words in the weather forecast on tv........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 pm

down pouring several times today. i got hit on the walk home tonight...had to top and put my rain coat on and i still wound up getting drenched. i've had enough with day time rain and this freakin heat! i felt like a turkey in one of those roasting bags!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 am

Now that's a good way to describe it Jeane! And wearing a raincoat just keeps the body heat in so you're even hotter.

Didn't even drop below 70 last night here, very humid. The sun's been beating down on us since sunup, and it's 84 already but feels more like 90. Supposed to go up to around 93 here today with heat index of somewhere between 99-103! Shocked Rain expected later tonight but it won't cool things off, just will up the sauna factor. Supposed to only cool off to maybe 76 tonight so will start out tomorrow hotter than today.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:59 pm

HOT!!!! And HOTTER!!! We're under heat advisories.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:06 pm

it looked like it might have rained today...i only got up long enough to put on clothes and went to lay on the bed with the kitties...every time i got up this afternoon i just looked out the window and it looked kinda steamy on the windows.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Severe thunderstorm watch out right now.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 pm

haven't watched the news in a couple days but it was hot but sunny when i was up there putting my tea out today.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Hot and sunny here too, it's 85 already but feels like 88 and rising. At least the humidity dropped last night, Wednesday night it was a heat index of 95 at 10pm yet. So humid it was like a hitting a wall, literally took your breath away.

No rain in sight for a few days and supposed to be "HOT and HUMID".................I am soooo sick of hearing those words from the local weatherman.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:25 pm

HOT HOT HOT! Just too hot for my taste. It's 88 out there already with rising humidity. Supposed to get rain tonight but it's not supposed to cool things off, just make it even more muggy. I need to grow some gills.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:40 pm

we're under heat advisories and tomorrow it will be officially another heat wave. esh.....i used to go to the grocery store to cool off before i headed on the long walk home. but lately even the grocery store is HOT!!! the only coolish spot is over by the milk and yogurt!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 pm

A tad cooler today--finally--the humidity is down a bit and it's only 82 as I type this. (never thought I'd use the words "cooler' and "82" in the same sentence) Yesterday was a bear though, very hot and humid, the breeze didn't help at all. Just felt like a hot blow dryer being blown in my face. No rain as predicted, it passed us by every which direction and we only got the humidity instead. We have some rain headed our way on the radar map, but it doesn't look like much. Might get a bit more overnight............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

too freakin hot ...even though the temps weren't that high the humidity made it feel a lot worse. we just got out of a heat wave and they say Thurs another one is going to start!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 am

Same here, while I was trying to find the unemployment office yesterday for that mandatory or we will cut you off seminar (damn one-way streets, construction, and detours!) I nearly died from the humidity. It was only about 77 out there but I was sweating bullets by the time I got into the parking lot, jogged around the building twice looking for the right door, and got inside.

Right now it is downpouring rain so hard you can hardly see across the street! Temps around 72, it's nearly pitch black outside, lightening and thunder. I don't know how long the computer will be one since the lights have flickered here already this morning. Supposed to give us a short break in about an hour, then lighter storms off/on the rest of the day and evening.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 pm

looks nice out..in about half an hour i'm going to get my sun tea jar ready and take it out to make my tea for work tomorrow. i'll know then..if its nice enough i might sit out for 15 min and read a b it
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm

HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Heat index last night at 11:30pm: 88 and humid as anything. Rained gullywashers in waves all night and all morning long, now the sun is out and it's still sooo humid. 74 and climbing on it's way up to around 90-93 today. Under a heat advisory here and flood watches too. More rain coming in about an hour, good thing I should be home before then. got soaked on my way here this morning and my shoes are still a bit wet. So are my socks.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum