Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's the weather?

+15
MichelleB
Suzzzz
WarriorNY
ARNIgal
gbste
Sue Short
jimkr2t
Susan A
Fisshy
jeanebellini
lovekitties
fiffur
BobCat
Magdalene
fluffnstuff
19 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the weather? Empty How's the weather?

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 am

Thundering here and more rain is on the way.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post by Magdalene Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

It's going to be in the 80s all week, with isolated T-storms many of the days (but not today!)
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 am

Well, it's officially summer (YAY!!!), but it looks like it could pour any second now.

BC
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Only cooled off to about 77 last night, and it's gloomy and damp out. We got one lil cloudburst this morning between 6-8am. Temps have actually dropped a lil, it's 76 now and 64% humidity, supposed to get up to around 85. That's less than it was overnight, you could just see the moisture hanging in midair. Rain predicted for suppertime but I see on the radar map online it could be here well before that. There are two lines of storms and only if we're very lucky will we be in between the two and get no rain.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:36 pm

hot and almost 90 degrees
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:22 pm

the news this evening said that there is supposed to be heat advisories Weds and Thurs here in NJ. i'm off those days so i'll probably be sitting here with three fans blowing on me and the Rescue Kitties!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 pm

as the songs says "HOT HOT HOT"
Fisshy
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Same here Fisshy. We had over two hours of tornado warnings every few minutes over the tv last night. Lots of them but they managed to skirt a bit north or south of us so we only got downpouring rain and quite a lightening show. We didn't get the hail either thank heavens. When I went home last night it was between downpours, but the clouds were all lighting up from the inside from the lightening. Looked somewhat unreal....

Only cooled off to 79 last night! Humidity so high it looked foggy out there this morning. It's 81 now since the sun is hiding behind the clouds, but if it comes out we're in for some pretty bad storms again later this afternoon. Supposed to be 88 today and very humid (what else is new anymore?). I have a feeling it will get hotter than that since it didn't cool off as much as they said it would. So far the rain is going south of us so no cooling there.........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

I didn't get one ounce of sleep since this storm came during the night with non stop lightning. There was some local flooding this morning. Now it's sunny.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm

i'm with fisshy...hot hot hot! gonna get hotter tomorrow. I've got to do laundry but i'm going to be drying it later on when it hopefully will be a bit cooler.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:18 am

I would say that "Hotter than the hinges of Hell" pretty much sums it up for here. Temps over 95 and heat index well over 100. We are very, very sweaty

btw, BobCat, Can we say "hell" in this forum? It's one of those words a bit like "Voldemort" in the HP books.
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 am

Only got down to 74 last night with loads of humidity and lightening flashes lighting up the sky. Rain started in around 4am with thunder, lightening, and punishing winds at 4:30 along with downpouring rain so I didn't get much sleep last night either--again. I had trouble going to sleep because of the heat (it was still over 80 at 11pm outside). It's still raining as I type this and they're predicting some pretty bad storms this afternoon too.

I am getting so sick of this weather pattern.............and very tired too............ Sleep
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 am

Susan A wrote:I would say that "Hotter than the hinges of Hell" pretty much sums it up for here. Temps over 95 and heat index well over 100. We are very, very sweaty

btw, BobCat, Can we say "hell" in this forum? It's one of those words a bit like "Voldemort" in the HP books.
I like that- it fits puurrfect!!
Fisshy
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

We had an earthquake! Now we are awaiting a severe thunderstorm (which has already knocked out power in my home offie to the west of wheere I work)

Yippee!!
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 pm

i keep hearing about the earthquake but don't think i felt it...when was it??? was it this morning? cuz i'm wondering if that's what woke me up so i couldn't get back to sleep.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:23 am

It happened in somewhere in Canada. Apparently some people felt it in Indiana, but I didn't notice it.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 am

I woke up about the same time as they said it hit, but I didn't know what woke me up. Now I know.

66 when I got up this morning, now it's 76 and less humid (62%) so much nicer day all around. Rain has quit for the time being too. Good thing, our grass has grown so much with all this rain if it got any higher they'd have to use something besides a lawn mower on it. Shocked
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

i heard about the earthquake but don't know what time it hit. I thought it was during the day, as they were interviewing people in NJ who felt it while they were working. It was supposed to have been felt in NY as well
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:42 pm

i know it hit before 11:00am because they were talking about it on the View. if it happened between 8 and 9:00am then that could have been what woke me up!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Boy, did we get hit by a MAJOR severe thunderstorm Friday - started in the mid-afternoon, lost power off and on at first, then at 4 pm, it went out for good until about 2 am Saturday - no power, no computer, no internet, no tv, fios phone was working so I called my friends - they were without power also - they decided to get a pizza and invited me over - roads were a mess, no power, no traffic lights - police were there to TRY to move things along - major roads were backed up for miles - some areas will be out for several days. And all this happened while we're getting the major hot spell.

All is well for Vic and myself once I went around and updated the clocks, made sure all was well in the refrig, reset the computers, etc

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Thankfully today it isn't raining, but it's a lot hotter! It's 79 out there already on it's way up to 86 with rising humidity. Storms predicted to roll in early tomorrow afternoon, then keep right on storming until early Monday morning. Our creeks are high enough now, they're about to overflow the banks already...........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Amazingly hot HOT HOT. I heard on the news yesterday that this is the hottest June since 1887.

The sky looks like it may be working up to one of those summertime afternoon thunder boomers. I hope so. We could use the relief! The thermometer outside the back door is reading over 100.
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I can certainly believe that one Suzzzz! I can't remember a June this hot this fast. It didn't cool off much last night here, even with the thunderstorm we had that kept me up half the night. It's 80 out there as I type this, 63% humidity, and more rain on the way. Predicted high for today is 88. The coming rain is supposed to cool things off for the next week here, back to where the temps should be for this time of year (in the lower 80's day, lower 60's night). It will be a relief from these August-wannabee temps we've had lately.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 pm

oh my gawd...it was so hot at work i was getting nauseous! ...thankfully i was able to move of the super hot area to one where a fan was blowing some air around (there are pockets of cooler air around the store....sometimes i just need to go and stand in one and then drink a bottle of cold water!)
REALLY hot on the walk home too...one of those where i sweated like Forrest Gump on his long long run. (though what i get on my shirt isn't a smiley face but what looks more like a crazy monster)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm

These heat is too much- first a blasted cold winter - and A-ok spring and now this.......dunno can we get a few days of no humidity at least??
Fisshy
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next