Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man against Medicine - moved to here!

+8
Susan A
MichelleB
Suzzzz
fluffnstuff
lovekitties
jeanebellini
fiffur
jimkr2t
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 6 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by BobCat Fri May 06, 2011 11:47 am

Tatiana sounded very sweet. I understand your hesitation, but those gray kitties are something really special!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 6 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by lovekitties Fri May 06, 2011 6:26 pm

here's hoping that all the results are good, come June. part of me hopes that tatiana finds a forever home soon, but another part thinks you would make an awesome partner for her
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Maybe Tatianna was simply there to welcome you back to the hope of possibilities. She may go to her true home before you get the all clear, but when you do, someone will be waiting for you. Of that I have no doubt.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

ah....we shall be counting the days...and praying for positive news so there will be a new kitty in your house before the fireworks come:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Here's to the end of June and an ALL CLEAR report, so Jim can adopt a loving kitty to brighten his home again. Maybe Tatiana will still be there for you (she sounds wonderful BTW), maybe another like her will be. Only time will tell about that.

I had a nice lil gray kitty like her once, and sometimes I still miss her. Took her in when she was about 5, half starved, missing one fang, and super lovable, sweet lil cuddler.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 07, 2011 4:09 pm

OK - to fiffur and suzzz and bobcat and all the others - I've started a new topic called "Tatiana" in the "Tell us about your furfriends" section.

This topic will still be about my battle with medicine and the prostate cancer.

Thanks to all, Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Well, it's time! I went to the doctor's office for a readout on my PSA - I was hoping for a reduction in my readings. Before the radiation, I was at about 1.5 to 2.0 (actually a fairly LOW readout - the prostate cancer was detected by "digital rectal exam" - the fickle finger of fate!) - right BEFORE the rad treatments, I was at 2.5. Now, about 3 months AFTER - it was 0.9!! I MADE IT. We'll still have to make periodic checks (6 months), but I'm REALLY relieved. We're going out Friday nite for a nice dinner. Very Happy

Thanks to all for their thoughts! Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 pm

YEAH! cheers
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:25 pm

This is SUCH good news, Jim!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I saw this topic come up and held my breath. You must have done much the same as you walked into the doc's office. I'm so grateful the news was so good! Congratulations!!! I love you

It's funny to scroll up here and see your initial meeting with Miss Tatia. It seems like a lifetime ago, so much has happened since then. I suppose, in a way, it has been. cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Wonderful new. Even though it's a school night I'm having a glass of
red wine in celebration of your over the top good news.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Great news, Jim!!!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah, I was kind of "worried" when I went to the office! Everyone remembered me - the receptionist/office attendant, the nurses, the doc - everyone was giving me the "smile" - then I sat down with the doc and he read me the results - WHEW! - now, tonite (Friday), I'll spring for dinner with two very good friends - we're going to try out relatively new place called Dublin Square - their claim to fame is Irish/English cooking, including fish and chips, shepherd's pie, bangers and champ (? confused I know "bangers" but I don't know "champ") - along with usual "american" stuff - should be fun! Drooly

Jim sunny
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:56 am

Wonderful news, Jim!!!!!!

We should put this is learn something new every day, I'd heard of Bangers and Mash, but not bangers and Champ. I think its the same thing'. Champ is mashed potatoes
Tou are making me hungry. We used to have an irish /english restaurant near where I work but they closed. I could go for a nice piece of shepard's pie.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/toprecipes/tp/irishgloss.htm
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm

hmm...have a feeling champ and mash are the same thing but from different areas (like how potato salad is different in different areas over here in the states)
great news though...glad you're not only having a celebration but you've got something so big to celebrate:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 pm

jeanebellini wrote:...glad you're not only having a celebration but you've got something so big to celebrate Smile

Well said, Jeane! I second that! Have a great night, Jim! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:50 am

Yeash, we did have a GREAT time - I went for fish and chips - actually, it was about the same as "american" fish and chips - I really should have had bangers and champ or maybe beef stew - but in any event it WAS good, and boy was there a LOT of it! Eating I also had Guiness (I like dark beer! devilish ) but I don't like it "warm" (room temp) - the gal kind of smiled and said theirs was "cool" (not ice cold like american brews, but not room temp like it would be in Ireland or England) - and the foam was just right - about 1/2 inch and very small bubbles, stay with it until the end! lol!
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:54 am

I'm a lil late getting into this topic--but FANTASTIC NEWS! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers I am so happy your results were so good Jim. I have a feeling being happy with Tatiana helped some...............

Dinner sounded wonderful, I love good fish n chips myself.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Now I'd like to talk about the "Man against medicine" part of all this - I needed a refill on the medicine I was taking for prostate problems - ok, talked to the cancer doc and he gave me the blue "script" CAUSE I SAID I HAD TO MAIL IT IN TO MEDCO - note, I said I had to mail it in - doc asked that I make sure the nurse got a copy of the "script" for their records - ok, that I did. Went home, filled out the Medco form, put it and the script in a envelope, mailed it in Friday morning. Received an automated call Friday afternoon from Medco, they had the fax copy (HUH?? What fax copy?) of the refill request forwarded by the doctor and it would be mailed soon. I immediately called Medco, explained that I just MAILED the SCRIPT for the medicine this (friday) morning and didn't know ANYTHING about a fax request from the doctor. APPARENTLY - sheeeesh! - the doc's office FAXED the script to Medco at the same time as I was MAILING the script. I canceled the MAILED request - would go with the doc's FAX REQUEST - medco would consider the MAILED request as superfluous. End of story - Nuh-uh - watch what happens Saturday.

I needed a refill on ANOTHER med - not related to the prostate problem. This was filled by the local pharmacy - called phone number, automated answer, gave prescription number, answer back was "Will be ready at 11:30 AM". Went by at 12 noon - pharmacist gave me a package costing AT LEAST 3 times what I thought - was for the PROSTATE DRUG sent by the PROSTATE DOC - Now, wait a minute!! - How did you get THAT request?? - Faxed over, naturally! - Oh, by the way, they DID HAVE the medicine that I REQUESTED earlier - for the proper cost - but HOW DID YOU GET THE FAX FROM THE PROSTATE DOC AT THE SAME TIME AS MEDCO DID AND AT THE SAME TIME AS I HAD THE SCRIPT TO MAIL????? In other words, there were 3 DIFFERENT sets of the drug!

I straightened out the local pharmacist, had him return the prostate drug to the shelf (they could do it because I hadn't RECEIVED the drug from the pharmacist), got the other drug that I wanted, and left - all the while thinking

MAN AGAINST MEDICINE - things are JUST SO COMPLICATED, aren't they? scratch

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:27 pm

I don't know if that could get anymore complicated. I'm also baffled.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:19 pm

gawd,i don't think i could have kept all that stuff straight! is a good thing you're retired so you can attempt at keeping it all straight!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:23 pm

This is making my head explode.

My only suggestion (which you've obviously already figured out) is, from now on, question the doc's office staff closely about scrip procedure and how it's all gonna go down. Docs? They have no clue about that kind of stuff and don't even bother to listen when patients blather on about it. They write the scrips. The rest is up to their underlings. That sounds harsh, but it's the truth, in my experience. I don't really blame the docs; anything non-medical they just don't have time for. That's why they have admin staff. Trouble is, the admin staff knows what to do but doesn't bother to explain it to the patient. Guess who gets left out of the loop?

If I were you, Jim, I'd check again next week with MEDCO, your pharmacist, and the doc's office to be sure that when you ARE ready to pick up your prostate meds, there's not some mass confusion about a cancelled prescription. This thing has six-way-cluster-goof written all over it.

Man against medicine indeed!!! affraid
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:24 am

I always check Medco on-line - it says they have mailed the drug to me 7/2 - now if the post office doesn't mess up....

The man against medicine, Mr. Jim Rock On
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:33 pm

they send medication through US Mail? is it insured or something? (i've gotten where i don't trust the US Mail all that much!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum