Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man against Medicine - moved to here!

+8
Susan A
MichelleB
Suzzzz
fluffnstuff
lovekitties
jeanebellini
fiffur
jimkr2t
12 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by jimkr2t Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 pm

FINALLY!!! - I got a call at 8 AM this morning from the surgeon - the report on the "butt bump" was negative (benign, non-cancerous) - I was SO RELIVED that I kind of missed the rest of the call - the technicians had determined that it was a benign growth of neural something-or-other - in any event, since I'm not bothered by the growth, there's no need to remove it. Reason for delay, according to surgeon, was that technicians wanted to be really sure about their findings. We'll take a look at it in about 6 months - another ultrasound, no biopsy - just to see how things are doing.

Now, back to the prostate cancer. I immediately talked to Susie the nurse and she talked with Dr. DiBiase - they'll need a new CT scan to make sure the markers haven't shifted (set for Jan 11), I'll get new leg "braces", then I'll start in with the radiation treatments. They've always been up front with me, so I don't expect any troubles now.

What a great Christmas present! Thanks to all of you for your support.

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by fiffur Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm

*****Whew..................huge sigh of relief***** So glad the lump is benign, and that you will finally get your cancer treatment started just after the holidays, and get it over with before spring. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas too Jim!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm glad you will finally will be able to move on and deal with the cancer.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm

This is a huge Christmas present for ALL of us, Jim! I'm SO happy for you! cheers
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Whew! A "BBB" (benign butt bump)! Good news, Jim. Thank you for the update.

...still rootin' for ya!
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 pm

The sound you heard from Texas was a very large exhale.
Thankful that you got some good news and can now move on
And Susan that was so bad.
Mad
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:53 pm

and if you thought you felt an earthquake it was just me and the Rescue Kitties doing a happy dance....we're reserving the dance of joy until after the treatments are over!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Jim, just checking in to see how you are doing?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 am

Glad you brought this topic back to the top, Sue. I had missed the good news! I'm so pleased that the bump was benign. Let us know how you're doing with your treatments when you get some time.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi guys,

Well, nothing to report on the prostate cancer work - it will begin again on Jan 11 - we'll fall back to the CT scan/simulation stage (this is where the cancer doc noted the odd bump in my right butt - back in September - and triggered the whole process with the biopsy work) - anyhow, we lost some critical time, so the CT scan is just to make sure the markers are still in place, the cancer area has not grown (no biopsy required), and the tattoos are OK - then we start the rad treatments. As I said, this starts off again Jan 11 - so nothing till then.

Thanks again for asking - and let me wish all of you and your furkids a very, VERY Happy New Year!

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Jim, my best wishes for you for a successful New Year. Some of it may not be particularly happy, but I'm wishing you strength, patience, grace and good humor. Never forget you have much, much love and support from all your friends, here and there on the ground.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post - I had the CT scan today - also, what is called "Simulation" - that was where I was back in September when the "butt bump" was discovered and all work ceased until THAT problem was solved. Well, we're back in the saddle again and this time it went very fast, mainly because much that was done in September was still valid. We only needed the new CT scan to make sure everything was on the mark - the tattoos, the markers, the leg rests, etc. Now, the official date for the start of the radiation treatments will be 1/26/11. 39 overall treatments, 5 days a week. I can't wait!

Thanks for all your good wishes. Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

i;m really glad that things are going so much faster now! if there's anything you need clue us in...wouldn't take long to get something shipped down state a bit:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Glad you checked in Jim. Stay warm and snugged int.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the update, Jim.

I've put the 26th on my calendar, and wishes and prayers are coming your way!
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 pm

I'll be there with you in spirit on the 26th, too, Jim, and for the following 8 weeks. Dang, son, it's going to be a long haul, but you can do it! pirat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:33 pm

I hope things go well once the treatments start.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey, Jim, just checking in. According to my calendar you started treatment this past week, and I just want you to know we're thinking about you. It's perfectly okay if you don't feel like posting right now! Just know you're in our hearts and prayers, okay? I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

Hi suzzz and all the rest,

Yep, I started treatments last Wednesday - I was waiting a little bit before I was going to buzz all of you with an update, but what the heck, here goes. No problems yet. The actual treatment - you know, walking into to rad room, climbing up on the table, having the techs fuss over my placement, the actual RAD (buzz-buzz-buzz), then leaving the room takes about 5 to 10 minutes! Actual time at the center varies depending on how early I arrive, but the whole time there is about 30 minutes - tell the receptionist my name, walking back to the changing room (HEY - they have NEAT garments - they're actually wrap-around gowns that DON'T leave your unmentionables exposed - you put it on like a robe, then wrap around another layer and place your arm in that - you're nicely protected!), after changing, you wait in the chat room with the others who have appointments at about the same time - your name is called, you walk into the rad room, jump up on the table, pull your gown up above your waist, move your undershorts down "a little bit", then when everyone else leaves - as I said BUZZ-BUZZ. Then you're done.

I'll keep everyone posted on developments - I've got some 35 treatment yet to go. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Glad to hear that so far, so good. I wish our clinic here had those gowns, what we have leave nothing to the imagination when you're seen from behind (or when you bend over). Shocked

(((((((((((((((((STRONG HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:05 pm

wow that's interesting..thanks for sharing. i don't think a lot of us have any idea what goes on. (the only people i've seen getting treatments have been on tv)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Oh, Jim, thanks for checking in. Sorry to rush you! tongue I know it's too soon to tell if you're feeling any unpleasant effects and all, and you know we're concerned about that, but I really just wanted you to know we're right here with you for the long haul, right from the beginning. So far it all sounds fairly matter of fact, reasonably dignified, and not too stressful (aside from being a royal pain in the ass to have to do it at all, of course) and I'm glad about that. Please keep us posted.

"Chat room." Ha! Nice. Cool
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Glad you checked in Jim. I've been thinking of you.

((((((((((MORE HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Jim, I'm glad you're finally "underway." It must be a big relief to get this thing going. Like Suzzzz said, we're here for you. Stay strong, friend!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

Thinking of you, Jim.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum