Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man against Medicine - moved to here!

+8
Susan A
MichelleB
Suzzzz
fluffnstuff
lovekitties
jeanebellini
fiffur
jimkr2t
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by BobCat Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Well, fingers crossed that the right med arrives soon via US mail! I hate to say it, but almost anyone you meet has variations on this theme of "the doc knows nothing about the business of their medical office" and I agree that they don't - but they SHOULD! It's like saying that the boss knows nothing about the business. I understand that they're busy doctoring, but they rarely have office managers. Why? I don't know. Maybe that's the way they structure clinics now, or maybe it's a cost saving measure, but if it's the latter, that's a foolish way to save money.

Working for physicists, I'm in a similar situation; they feel that they're smart enough to run the show. I agree that technically, there's no question that they are smart enough to run any show, but unless you have business training, you're not going to be good at it just because you're smart. We all know that physicist can be quite foolish, from watching The Big Bang Theory. Physicians can also be foolish if they think they can be good doctors and good office managers. They will surely let one end of the business slide because there just aren't enough hours in a day.

I find this so aggravating along with you.

PS - I don't have a great deal of faith in the postal service either...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Man against Medicine - moved to here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Man against Medicine - moved to here!

Post by Sue Short Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:52 pm

The fish and chips along with the Guiness sound yummy. Drooly

As to the rest of it, well scratch
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:45 am

Happy 4th of July to all - first, jeanne - you asked about sending medicine through the mail - have been doing it for years and no problems - it's NOT insured, but I've never had any of the "special" stuff such as oxycontin (?) or other drugs that would be stolen - those MAY require special mailing - the stuff comes to me in a large plastic, well-sealed envelope with the usual pharmacy package inside, etc.

BobCat - you mentioned working for physicists - one of my close friends has his PhD in physics (nuclear energy) and I CAN'T get him to watch Big Bang - he thinks the actors are "stupid"!

Jim lol!
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:27 pm

jimkr2t wrote:BobCat - you mentioned working for physicists - one of my close friends has his PhD in physics (nuclear energy) and I CAN'T get him to watch Big Bang - he thinks the actors are "stupid"!

Jim lol!

Jim - most of the scientists I work with don't watch either; some say it's because they object to the idea of physicist being portrayed as "nerds," when in fact, the characters on the show pale in comparison to some of the physicists I've known! Of course, most of the physicists I know are far older than the characters on the show, so they've had many years to hone their nerdiness. Others (whether they watch it or not) say that their colleagues need to be able to laugh at themselves, and any show that plays up science is a good thing. They do have consultants for the show who are physicists at Berkely, if I'm not mistaken. I have to tell you - from my point of view, along with others I know who aren't scientists, but work closely with them, The Big Bang Theory is a laugh riot! ROTFL
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 pm

It truly is. My brother has Ph.D in Chemistry and another degree in
computers.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Big Bang shows a pretty good variety of those dudes...you've got persnickety/Felix Unger (who was a photographer but could be sheldon's father; ) )you've got the 'nice Jewish boy' living at home, the regular guy who actually CAN get a girl friend and hold the others together most of the time etc. but i like the guy who said that anything that shows science is a good thing. some of the stuff they talk about goese zooming over my head and some of it makes me go "hmm....that makes sense' i bet it does the same for others as well. And just think...some kid out in the middle of nowhere might be thinking about horrible his life is cuz nobody understands his love of monecular biology and see the show and decide he's not so weird after all:)

as for mailing medicine....is the stuff coming from a company (like how they have PetMeds for animals) or directly from the pharmicudical company?
(PS i know there's a lot of crappy spelling in here...i need to figure out how to do spell check!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Yea, jeanne - the stuff comes from Medco - they act like a big pharmacy so they have all kinds of medicine in stock - when the send stuff to me it's just like I filled the prescription at a local pharmacy.

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Ha! My dad (retired doctor) laughed his way through Dr. Kildare and Marcus Welby back in the day, and refuses to watch House, calling it the most frightful tripe he's ever seen. I wonder how many cops watch cop shows, lawyers lawyer shows, etc.

I'll bet "controlled" drugs can't be sent through the mail. But I'm not about to Google it and go on some watch list to find out! Shocked Razz In any case, I'm glad this whole thing worked out Jim. But NOT glad there was so much rediculous confusion.

Happy 4th to you!!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum