Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue Kitties

+9
fluffnstuff
fiffur
WarriorNY
BobCat
bpaquet
Suzzzz
gbste
Sue Short
jeanebellini
13 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Rescue Kitties - Page 9 Empty Re: Rescue Kitties

Post by fiffur Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Ohno, I hope that doesn't mean Carter hasn't been getting his meds after all.....how is he doing BTW?
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 pm

welp carter came out and sat on top of the tv or out in the other part of the room from around midnight last night until after dinner, he ever went out and ate in the other part of the room with the other kittieis! AND guess who just came out before i came in here and is eating his bowl of wet food just a few feet away and above me:)
he even almost made my biggest wish of the moment come true. this morning he was going to lay on the end of the bed on my lower legs but TOothpick came and chased him away. (toothpicky needs some kitty valium!) but Carter went and sat in the other room for a while not in the ceiling. my big dreams to come home and find him on the bed with the other kitties and then to have him come and sit with me again. but the little steps are coming along and he seems to be doing so much better.
he really liked the egg souffle and chicken fancy fancy feast last night and tonight he ate the cheese i pulled off the dinner i didn't eat so i'm going to get him a can that has cheesy souffle tomorrow. trying to get him something special that maybe has more calories. he needs to get a little more meat on his kitty bones;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Fantastic news! I think he might be considering a new career as a lap cat.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:23 pm

That is fantastic news Jeane, Tonio says that being a lap cat is the
best.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 pm

i only dream of that...he used to be one that would come and sit draped over my legs...not sit on top of me while i';m watching tv etc. Buddy and Salem were the kitties who always did that..now its just Salem. but Carter liked to sit near me or on my legs if they were stretched out. and he sometimes would come and lay on me while i was sleeping (or trying to get back to sleep after getting up in the night).
let me see if i can get a pic of Carter that i took on Christmas eve in here....then i've got to get off this machine for the night!
this is from 12/22 (can you tell his face is swollen on one side?)
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 100_0156-1
and here is one from Christmas eve
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 100_0160-1
the first one he's on a box on the shelf where he now eats and the other one you can see how the ceiling tiles are messed up from ms tubby kitty walking on them (remember when she fell through the ceiling onto my head as i typed?)that area is about 4' from where i sit now)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 am

Yes, I can see one side looks a little swollen. Tabby one of the Wild Bunch looks like Cartier.
Nothing like those sleek tabby boys, well okay, I'm even more partial to my tuxedos.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 am

He must be feeling better if he's venturing out of his hidey hole. Good news.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I am happy to hear Carter is not hiding as much, he must be starting to feel better.

And yes, I do remember when Ms Puff fell through the ceiling....... Shocked
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm

HUGE news... woke up last night in the middle of the night to find a single kitty sleeping at the foot of the bed. it looked small but not franny...it was CARTER! he'd been sleeping there at m,y feet for at least an hour:) he let me pet him, he started purring ...when he started purring i gave him a kiss on the head and then went and did what i had to do. that was such a BIG step. I only hope and pray that he continues to get less shy, eats more and that when the medication is gone he won't need more. he's been getting it for at least three weeks so i hope that will be enough.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Jeane, wonderful news. no not wonderful to use an overworked on
AWESOME!!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

welp he wasn't out so much today but he came outduring the night and was out til maybe around 11:00.and he came out a couple times to eat..i had to hide his food unless he was out because toothpick wanted it.
but he got to eat all his food with is pill in it. he has i believe three pieces of pill left.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Good that he is coming out. Loved the picture of Toothpicky that you posted on FB. He
looks really good too.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 am

Well, Carter, you're almost there...only three more pieces to go and you're done! Praying for him! I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm praying all Carter needs are those final 3 pieces of pill, that the infection will be gone when the pills are....how's his facial swelling? Is is gone yet? Will he go and get his teeth looked at when the infection is gone?

I am very happy to hear he's coming to snuggle with you, and is eating well all things considered.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:57 pm

i'j going to make this quick cuzi can';t even think straight. but wanted to put this here for those who aren't in my FB. i hadn't seen Carter really eat in at least 3 days. i haven't seen him in full light in at least that amount of time. tonight i came down from my shower and he was sitting in frontof the saucers where the left over food was. i gave him half a can of food and left him be. he at least licked the juice off the food (coudln't see him eat( and he drank some water. i fetl good about that UNTIL he came and sat ont he tv.
his one eyes is half shut, both eyes have that inner eyelid startin up from the corner, his has blood from th ear closest to the eye that is half shut. he doesn't look good and i can't CAN NOT touch him to even try to get him into a carrier.
i wrote a note for the peope upstairs to get the carrier in (like i asked what/ about a month ago????????Smile and told them what he looked like etc. told them if my bank is open tomorrow i'll have some money to give them to take himm to tvet .IF they bring the carrier in and IF they leave it open and IF he goes in iton his own . if not he could very well die up in the ceiling, in the direty mess that is up there alone and probably starved to death because he can't eat or can't eat enough to survive.
i don't need to be lectured...i'm ripping my guts up on my own. i don't know how i'm going to sleep tonightl. and i don't know how i'm going to make it through the day at work tomorrow.i was takeninto the office and told offfor over half an hour that i'm gloing to l;ove my job or they are gfoing to have someone taek over my work and give me onlyu FOUR HOURS a week. so i have all thatontop of carter and i amNOT allowed to be upset over anything ANYTING..eps not a damn cat which is nothing to the people i work for/with.
so pray for carter...pray tjhepeople upstairs willbring the carrier in andhe will get in it and that God gives whateverGod gives. and pray for me that i nca make it through whatever timei have with a job.
now i've got to get off here and seeif there's a sleeping pill somewhere cuz there's no way i'[m going to be able to get any sleep if ica n't find one.
sorry for the bitching and the ramble. but i just don't have anyone to talk to and i don't know what to do.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Sounds like you have the coworkers and bosses from hell--they have no compassion or soul IMHO. I will be sending heavy duty prayers for Carter....and you. I know you're doing all you can for Carter. ((((HUGS)))))

(((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))) cat
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm

very quick...came and laid on the bed this morning after i woke up. i was able to get him and put him in the crate. though the folks upstairs are flipingout about the cost, he's going to the vet in about two hours. (i wasn't able to get to the bank on Mon..they dind't have a sign up but they were closed..sometimes they don't close for mon holidays)so i dind't have big bucks to hand them but scrapped together what i havfe here which won't pay for carters vet but should hopefully pay for his pills).

I'm able to cuomb him and touch him even on the place that looks swollen. his ear wasn't bleedingbut after i got him i the carrier and he ate some cat soup it was bleeding. i felt a lump under hie neck/cheek which afgter some research is probably a swollen lymph node (*submandibular lumph node).
'i'm feeling kindasick but i really feel and hope and pray that its the lymph node because of his infection he's had so long.

i was able to give him pets and some kisses and let him know i love him no matter what might happen when he goes to the vet. if he goes and never comes back at least he will know he's loved.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Here's hoping that the vet finds something fairly easy and inexpensive to treat.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:27 pm

jus got the bad news...i knew when i didn't hear the car drive op and heard footsteps coming down the stairs what i would hear. it was the same thing i hear for buddy.
but carter's not coming back home. the thing i felt on his neck was a mass, he is just skin and bones and they're putting him to sleep probably as i type this.
the rescue kitties are down to just three ...and nobe.
Its just Salem Toothpick and Franny now. but at least thier brother isn't in pain and he's iwth his mom and buddy and big ol mr puff.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh, Jeane, my heart breaks for you. I know how hard it is to lose a little furperson. We all know you did everything possible to help Carter, and that if he was released from suffering, that is kindness. I know you miss him anyway.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Carter. Sad
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm so sorry, JB. You did your best for him. May he rest in peace.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 pm

((((((((HUGS, AND MUCH LOVE))))))))))))))) I love you I love you I love you I love you
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh, Jeane, I'm so, so sorry. I know how terribly difficult this is. But, darling, you gave Carter such love, and a decent life he wouldn't have had otherwise. He's well and purring in God's arms now. May you both be at peace.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

here are a few pic of mr cartier(like the jewlery store...Carter wasn't the name i gave him) aka Mr Ko-tar....from better times. first is the valentine i made last year
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 01296180907329000001508885_0-1
loving a little catnip pillow from a secret santa a couple years ago
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 01294885865131000001508885_0
from years ago with i believe Salem and Toothpick
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 100_0037
just two more....cartier loved those pillows filled with the tiny pellets...those shmooshie ones, he loved to knead those things..and my big white bunnies....
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 Carterloungingonpurplebunnypillow
Rescue Kitties - Page 9 Carteronpinkbunnypillow
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next