Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) Empty My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:53 am

You may or may not know that my Jay Jay likes to take "walks" with me outside! Usually that means staying close by me walking in the grass, and every once in awhile he'll dart off to tree a squirrel. Well yesterday he walked right next to me down the sidewalk for a whole half a block! You should have seen the absolutely stunned looks from passers-by What a Face !!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Probably similar to the looks we get when we take Bijoux for a walk on his leash. People are always amazed in disbelief that a CAT would walk with their human as calmly as a dog would. (and sometimes even better!)
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Arni, you don't how good is to have you back and that your
kitties are fine. I've been in your position and overjoyed
that all of you are safe.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Both Ruby and Blue walked with us while walking Grommit. Matter of fact, that's how Ruby got hit by the car and killed. She had gotten in the habit of straying from them a little from Wesley as he walked down the block and when she saw them again, she darted across the street toward them and got hit.

But other than that terrible incident, people used to come out of their houses to yell to us "Do you know you have a cat following you??" and of course, yes, we did!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Petie walks with us sometimes. He used to do it all the time, but since he's entered his "senior" years, he is more selective about his walks. (It's hard to believe that Petie is 13 years old!)

Arni, it's good to hear from you and that all the furry ones are doing well. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:31 pm

the only kitty that i ever had that walked like that with me (well, i only had kitties that were outside when i lived back home) was a white kitty who was like a dog. Quentin after the Dark Shadows werewolf (not Tarantino;) )
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 pm

So Fiffur and Bijoux aren't the only kitties who liked/likes to go for walks. Just found out a woman in the duplex next door also takes her cat out on a harness and leash for walks around the immediate neighborhood. Unlike Bijoux, the cat leads instead of following. Bijoux heels pretty well--for a cat.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) Empty Kitties Looking Out for Sickies!

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Hearing about all your kitties and their walks make me smile... Laughing !!

Last week, Envigado did such a good job watching over me when I was sick, sort of... Actually, I took my morning run a little too late. By the time I went the 90+ degree temps were already up. When I came home I just absolutely HAD to sit down. Right away Envigado took vigil on the bed right next to my bed. When I layed down on the floor, he was again curled up by my head, this time with his paw on my head. After a few hours of sleeping, he had enough and was nudging my hand with his face. Had a couple Powerades and was fine.

While out on one of our "walks", Jay Jay heard my duplex neighbor's coughing fit as we passed her door. He sat on her stoop with his flat, mustaschioed face just inches from her door and would not budge. When she came out of her door, it was like Jay Jay said, "Oh, glad to know you're O.K. and just walked away back to our apartment.
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 pm

What a wonderful cat. My first cat did things like
that.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Those are some wonderful kitties. Gateway is our caretaker. He was doing things like Envigado did when I was woozy after the blood drive a few weeks ago. He sat right by me.

Glad you're ok. Be careful in the heat! Not good to get all dehydrated and sick.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:29 pm

That's precisely why I go a lot earlier in the day! Was up late the night before working on a project Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 pm

I wish I could ride in the mornings. I just have to leave so early for work. I'm not a morning person, so getting up at 4:00 to be able to ride, take care of ponies, shower and commute just is NOT in the cards. I try to ride in the evenings, but this week has been so hot. I'm worried that both Envoy and I would croak. I hope it cools down a bit this weekend, but if I need to get up early to ride, I can because I don't have to commute. I think that makes all the difference.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 am

Bijoux is a great lil caregiver too. He not only sat by my mom and cuddled close while she was on the floor after he stroke, but he sticks very close to her whenever she isn't feeling well. He even pats her face, kisses her cheek, and puts a paw on her arm to show his concern.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 am

Yay Bijoux, and WOW Very Happy that ride sounds wonderful...!

ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:03 pm

there were times years ago when i'd be sick and laying on the bed and wake up to find Judy laying at my feet. since she didn't let anyone touch her and never was on the bed unless her kids were around her it was very unusual. critters know when we're not doing well and try to help us..even when they don't want to be around us otherwise:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I think that showed her concern for you Jeane. She might not have been tame enough to hold and cuddle with, but she knew who provided her kibble and loved her.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:27 pm

That's very true what Fif said. I remember Judy quite well from the first Mutts site Smile

Envigado has always been the caring sort. Oddly enough, he is scared of nearly every human but me. This is odd since he is 20 lbs with loooooong black fur. Today there were lots of clouds & I was feeling badly in the a.m. When I woke up after my run, Envigado was right next to me on the floor purring LOUDLY & holding my hand... cat sunny
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

sounds like he might look like a long haired version of Salem:) Though i must admit Salem is probably the friendliest of the Rescue Kitties since Liam and Buddy died. Salem will actually come out and rub on a few people's legs.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 am

Arni, I had to go AWWWWW at the visual your desciption of Envigado holding your hand.....so sweet of him.

Jeane, I have a feeling all your rescue kitties would like me. I've yet to meet a furkid who didn't like me until last month with that semi-feral at the shelter.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow, Liam AND Buddy are gone...so sad Sad

Anyway, on a rare night time walk, Jay Jay discovered fireflies...and mayhem ensued Twisted Evil !!

I'm so excited, tomorrow I'm going to Lansing to visit friends...and my kitties Smile Can't wait!!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:58 pm

I would have love to have seen Jay Jay
chase fireflies. Too cute.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 pm

oh arnigirl i guess i didn't realize how long you'd been gone. Liam was put to sleep a year ago this past Feb i think....Buddy i have forced his death date from my mind(but it,like now, was a heatwave and there was no ac down here then either)he died in his sleep one afternoon while i was taking a nap. Paulie died right before i came from work one day last fall (later fall,but before halloween if i remember right).
It was a very rough year for me and has me more worried about the kitties that are still here with me. but so far so good.i just would like to have Salem and toothpick get a check up.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Wow, Jeane. Having the consolidated version brings back all those stories. It was a bad year, wasn't it? Sad
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 am

yeah, I remember too...............somuch tragedy in such a short time.

I would've loved to have seen JayJay chasing fireflies. I can only imagine what was going through his mind when they flashed off............"now where did it go? Oh, there it is!".............and off he goes again leaping high into the air...................

Do I have that imagined visual about right?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Wow Jeane, that was even a rougher year than I had imagined... Sad

Fif, you do have the visual right Smile At first I didn't know what he was chasing, since I hadn't seen the "lights" go off Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next