Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIJOUX

+8
WarriorNY
ARNIgal
BobCat
fluffnstuff
jeanebellini
bpaquet
Sue Short
fiffur
12 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

BIJOUX - Page 2 Empty Re: BIJOUX

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 am

Bijoux not only greeted me at the door, but insisted on snuggling bigtime with me most of the evening too. Mom made some shrimp with rice and he was very polite but insistent on getting a nibble. But---he had to have it dipped in butter or he wouldn't not eat it. Talk about fussy. More snuggles and cuddles for a while until a polite lil pawtap asked for wetfood a bit later, followed by a nice long thankyou snuggle for mom for buying it. A quick zip around the apartment, and off to the walker to ask for a ride. Got to see me off and even gave me a nitenite kiss at the door. Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 pm

JEEZ, I used to think Ascot and Rachel were bad, since they would only eat
sushi grade tuna and salmon.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:56 am

Bijoux seems to think it has to be human-grade or nothing at all. He feels he deserves only the very best, second rate just will not do at all.

I went into my mom's place three times before the pizza at Bev's and didn't see hide nor hair of Bijoux anywhere. Even when I went to pick a movie out to take to Brads I didn't see him. But mom did when she stopped to get a can of pop. Was nearly bowled over at the door after the movie, the Wetfood Revue was in full swing already. Loads of leg rubbing and singing, then gulping and burping, then a thankyou cuddle for MOM (not me who served it), a short cuddle for me before he disappeared into the bedroom. When time came for me to go home he came out for me to say nitenite, but declined going for a ride. Guess stealing my warm spot was more important to him. He didn't even seem to notice I'd snuggled with 4 furkids before coming over to see him.

I'd snuggled with Moxie for maybe 10 minutes before she decided that was enough, Annabelle for at least 15 minutes (had her purring! she was on the dresser where lil wigglebutt couldn't reach her), and about 20 with Maggie who insisted on playing fetch and tug-of-war with me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 pm

How is Annabelle doing. Sounds like Maggi is doing well.
She's the barky person that your sister rescued right?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Annabelle is finally learning to deal with sharing her space with a barkyperson. She was on the dresser where Maggie couldn't reach her to bother her. Maggie keeps trying to get the kitties to play with her and her toys. Can't seem to understand they don't want to play with big stuffed squeaky dog toys.........

Bijoux was in a very snuggly mood all weekend long. The work on the hallway lighting doesn't seem to bother him much, he goes to the door, listens a bit, then goes back for a nap. No rides on the walker, he keeps turning down the opportunity when we offer only to ask mom later. (doesn't work--either go when we do or not at all) I sure got the 3rd degree sniff when we got back from the animal shelter. He must've known we'd snuggled with lots of little kittens. He didn't know how close he came to getting a lil sister........if mom had thought he'd accept a tiny kitten without a problem she'd have brought lil Midge home with her. Did a lot of bird watching over the weekend from his window. Got good naps in while we were at Brad's for movies both Saturday and Sunday night, gave us award winning wetfood revue shows, and lots of thankyou kisses and cuddles. Lovebugitis sure bit him hard! Got smothered in kisses too. Very Happy

BECKY--any way to post Midge's pic here? I sent a copy of it to you from the shelter website but I can't get it to show up in here.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Hey, you're supposed to be his devoted "staff"
and should do anything asks at anytime. At least
that Boo's opionon.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Gateway's too. He thinks Bijoux is very abused and should call the SPCA. lol!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 pm

We just thought he'd like a lil playmate and snuggle pal! And when Bijoux was lovin' on one of us the other wouldn't have to be deprived of kitty company (and occasional "help").

Bijoux was all over me yesterday from the word go. At the door mewing and hardly patient enough for me to put my keys down so I could pick him up. HUGE purrs deafening my ears draped over my shoulder. Rocked him for a while in my chair, then he decided to stretch out and nap on my legs (and my legs fell asleep with him). Suddenly woke up and decided to tackle my ankles on his way to the footrest, looking to play What's under the Footrest with my toes. I peek my toes out from under there here and there along the edge and he grabs at them (loves this game). If any lil critter ever got in here it would be toast asap. Boy is he fast! Wetfood Revue started 2 hours early so we got a long show with a lot of intermissions. At 9:04 he suddenly got in my mom's face, pawed her arm, and mewed very insistently. Like "Hey! I've been patient and I'm starving here! Don't you know what time it is?" Much singing, leg rubbing, and knee pawing while mom opened a new can (so he didn't have to wait for it to warm up--so now we have two open cans). This was after his dinner was over 3 hours late Sunday night, so no wonder he was so impatient about it. He was afraid she'd forget to give him his dinner again. Nice thankyou cuddles and kisses, then disappeared to sleep it off in the bedroom in his cubebed. When asked if he wanted to go for a walker ride to see me off, I got a stare for a moment, then he went back to sleep. So no ride again--3rd night I think he's shrugged it off.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Bijoux, it really is better being an only child. I know
Mom misses the others but I like being the only furkid.
Boo
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm

I like having a brother and I loved my other brother/sister too. I'm a social butterfly. -Gateway
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 am

Bijoux is a little social butterfly too, he loves people. He's also getting much better when Buddy or Tiny ( a very small quiet chihuahua) comes around, he doesn't hiss or poof up anymore. I think he would've accepted a tiny lil sister as he would know he was THE boss of the house.

Bijoux was extra cuddly for me last night. Guess he misses me since mom has had us go over to Brads almost every single night to watch something. Had a very joyful greeting at the door, with loud purrs and mews as I picked him up and walked around with him over one shoulder. Mom was in the bathroom and I turned around so Bij could see himself in the mirror. I asked him "who is that cute cat in the mirror?" Got a nice cheek rub and kiss for that comment. Firmly entrenched himself on my lap until we left for Brads. Greeted at the door when we got back too, and wetfood revue show was early again. This time though mom caved and gave it to him early, we both got thankyou cuddles and kisses. Asked him if he wanted to play, but only got half-hearted swats at the new fwipper toy. Also declined going for a walker ride to see me off. No nitenite kisses for me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Boo isn't, she prefers her own company. She will tolerate people
when the come in and will let them pet her. On the whole she is
very stand offish thanks to what happened to her as a kitten.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Late Kitty was sooooo anti social that she hissed at anyone who came withing a few feet of her. She hated people. My suspected that she was abused when she was younger.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Sadly, she probably was.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 pm

All of my female kitties have been more stand-offish than the males. One of our girl kitties when I was a kid was great, but just with our family. She didn't really like strangers. The boys have all been pretty friendly, although they can be shy around strangers.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 pm

My Miss Kitty loved people, and would greet you at the door too. Probably grateful she had a good loving home.

Bijoux has been clingycat lately. We've spent so much time over to Brads watching this and that so Bij only gets to see me for a couple hours here and there. I practically get bowled over at the door and if I don't notice and talk to him right away he mews at me to make sure he got my attention. He snuggles a lot, purrs and kisses and cheek rubs..............great wetfood revue shows too. And for the first time in days he asked to go for a walker ride, and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. Even gave me nitenite kisses at the patio door!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Gateway has been a love bug too. He hasn't asked for kisses, but he is begging for chicken when I eat dinner. I actually had to pull pieces off the chicken let. He wolfed those down like he was starving.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Boo has been parked next to the couch and on
the foot of the bed at night. That's her version of
cuddle kitty.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:53 am

Bijoux's idea of a cuddle is literally in your face, or draped over a shoulder, or firmly entrenched in your lap. Just sitting near you won't do for this cat.

Bijoux got a nice surprise yesterday: I rescued a yellow tiger swallowtail butterfly from my outer hallway, and had it in a jar to release into their garden. Since it just sat there with wings spread resting Bijoux didn't look for very long at it, but mom, Brad, Sally, Micki, and Bev sure did. When I took it outside that butterfly landed on my finger and stayed there for about 15 minutes, even as I was walking away from the garden. I tapped on mom's window and she was amazed it was just sitting there pretty as can be. By the time mom got Bijoux to the window to see it perched there it flew off as the curtain moved. Bijoux sure looked the jar over when I came back inside though. Asked for a walker ride so we gave him a long one down the hallways. Nice long snuggles after that before we headed off to Brads, bowled over at the door on our return, Wetfood Revue Show immediately commenced. Got his dinner a lil early and as a reward we both got a nice long snuggle with kisses as thanks. At 10 on the nose Bijoux headed for the front door, and jumped up. He wanted to go for another ride (making up for lost time?) and got to go again. This time I got purrs and a nitenite kiss at the patio door and he watched me all the way until I was out of sight.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I love swallow tail butterflies. They are the state insect for VA, I think. Yours must have been very traumatized by its adventure. I'm glad you saved it.

Bijoux must have caught some of Gateway's adventureitis. Gateway has been enjoying outside time and has been very good about coming inside when it's time.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:34 pm

I think it's spread down here too. Boo made a run for
the door a couple of times. Like she really needs to be
out in this heat.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 pm

How hot is it down there, Sue? It's not too awful here, but it's dry, dry, dry. Mid 90s and no rain. Miserable... Of course, if it rains, we'll get worse humidity. There's no winning. It was just a few months ago that we were complaining about what a terrible winter it was. I swore I didn't ever want to see rain again, but now I really do. My tomatoes would really like a drink. (Guess I'll water if the cloud outside doesn't thunder on us.)

Fiff, it's been hot for you too, hasn't it? But, you're rainier than usual. Weird weather. Is Bijoux doing ok with the strange weather?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

I just checked the weather bug on my computer. It's
98 or 99 depending on the reporting station but with
the humidity the heat index is making feel like
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Not Fif, but I can tell you that our area has been quite warm, but lately it's been dry. Fif may have gotten some showers this morning, because there was a "green blob" on the radar up her way. I'm not sure about that. 70 miles south of her, however, where I am, the grass is getting straw-like quickly with the heat we've had the past few days. (I only just now found out that the distance is 70 miles between Rockton & Oswego - I thought it was closer to 50.)
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm

why do cats want to go out in this heat? esh...do more mice come out in the heat? none of the Rescue Kitties have tried to make a run outside...but Franny decided she wanted to try to get upstairs the other day.she didn't past the first step though.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next