Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving money

+8
Suzzzz
BobCat
WarriorNY
Sue Short
fiffur
jeanebellini
lovekitties
fluffnstuff
12 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Saving money - Page 2 Empty Re: Saving money

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 pm

is the queen center mall an outlet mall or is it just a regular mall that has stores with good prices?

i think i've mentioned this elsewhere...but i'm saving myself almost $22 a month after this month cuz i gave up my isp. i hope the folks upstairs don't pull out on this set up they have now cuz it would leave me with nothing...just to warn you guys ahead of time if you don't hear from me for a day or two that could be the problem. (i hadn't been able to use the other one for over a year anyway....i just was wasting money for about 14=16 months..esh)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Queens Center Mall is a regular mall. A couple of the stores always have great discounts.

WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Jeane. When you're not on the boards for a day
or two I get ready call for a wellness check.

The coffee I buy doesn't have chicory any it. I've never liked the taste of
it.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 pm

I've been doing pretty good in the Change change change department lately.
This morning I found 2 pennies on the floor in the train station, and then a $1 susan b coin in the metrocard machine.
I've also been finding more used metrocards with some balances attached.

I was a little short on cash the end of the month so went into my stash from my found change (the converted bills) but I will replace that after payday.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I hope for all our sakes the folks upstairs don't yank that ISP on you. The board wouldn't be the same without you Jeane. I can understand wanting/needing to save the $22.

Around me having ISP is around $50-60 no matter who you have. Not many carriers to choose from here.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:48 pm

fiff i'm pretty sure you can get msn no matter where you are...you just need a phone line. msn isn't connected to a phone system like verizon etc is.
LK i've had to do the same with the money before....low at the end or middle of the month and have to borrow from peter to pay paul and then pay peter back when the paycheck came.

my big savings i've mentioned elsewhere.....the grocery store has friskies cans 10/$3.70 this week;)AND if you buy 12 cans you get a $1 coupon that prints out. SO i'm going to buy as much as i can haul home each day.(unfortantnly i also have to buy dry food as well which means i'll be lugging home a LOT of weight).I really would like to get enough cans to get me through a couple months at this price.....even on sale its rarely less than 40 cents!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:26 pm

I know, I've rarely seen it on sale for less than 50 cents at any store I've been to. Hope you can lug enough hoome without throwing out your back Jeane.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:27 pm

normally its 45cents here....on sale for maybe 40cents. they have a deal going where if you buy 12 cans you get a $1 coupon that prints out at the end so i'm trying to buy 24 at a time divided up into two sales. if i don't buy more than that and don't buy anything else that is heavy it might not be too bad. but i'm having to buy bags of dry food and litter and the occasional bottle of pop along with it.
about half way home there's a sort of bench/wall where i stop and readjust my shoulder straps of my backpack and tote bags.
(so far i've got enough to feed the Rescue Kitties til July 21;) i have two more days where i work and the sale is still on so i'll definantly get enough to get through the month.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I hope the kitties appreciate you lugging all that weight of cans in the high heat you're suffering through right now.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:26 pm

well, i have enough wet food to get them through til around Labor Day. I just have to buy it one more time to use a coupon i have...that would get it through the first full week of Sept;)
if i could get a ride to a store that sells the big bags of Purina ONE urinary tract stuff AND i had the coupons with me and the money I"d get at least one of the big bags of food and a few of the smaller 'mix in' Friskies i use. THAT would mean i wouldn't be lugging anything home but litter:)
tomorrow i have to get litter....then next week it will alernate between litter and Friskies since they have the dry bags of friskies on sale.
if i get things on sale it costs me less than $1 a day per kitty INCLUDING litter;)

today i finished up getting the wet food (goes off sale after today) and i foudn 12cents on the floor so i'm doing well.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am

You got paid to haul those cans. I admit 12 cents isn't much but it's pay anyway. Laughing
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:39 pm

havene't been finding much change lately, nothing today so far, 4 cents yesterday and nothing the day before, but I did find a metrocard with $22.50 on it!
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:54 pm

wow that was a good metrocard find!
I haven't found a lot of change...i did find a few dimes on the floor in the past week but that's about it.
i'm trying to get the rest of the last $ i need to make $10 in found money;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am

Wow lovekitties, I know you can use that metrocard, what a lucky find!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 pm

that is 10 rides on the subway!

I was all ove the city on Saturday and didn't find even a penny. but I found a dime this morning on the way to work
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 pm

i haven't been finding anything either....maybe a couple pennies a week. i've even tried checking the two pay phones that i walk past.

i had a coupon print out at the grocery store today to get 75cents off a bag of Friskies. i was going to buy a bag anyway BUT the coupon i have is $1.50 off TWO bags...i was dreading hauling home two days...but one bag isn't quite so bad.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:48 pm

I have some printed out coupons that I need to use. One of
the stores gave me one for $3.00 off my next produce purchase
and one for $2.00 off my next shopping order.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah, I had to use some $1 coupons for almond milk I'd printed out as reward for taking a short survey. They'd have expired on me by now if I hadn't used them last Saturday.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:43 pm

those coupons off general stuff are great...i sometimes get them for the bakery dept but then i have to wonder what to spend them out.,...everything's so expensive that sometimes a $1 coupon doesn't do much!
i've been going okay with the $1 coupons i got from buying the cans of cat food last week...i wave down the cashier that watches over the self serve registers and get them to scan on in. i wound up with like 10 of those coupons:)
today i also lucked out and found four cans of Friskies in the scratch and dent section for 23 cents each and a Fancy Feast for 30cents. I think the kitties are going to get a special treat tonight....last year we got very bad news on this day so we're going to make it a better night tonight.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am

You find good stuff in the scratch n dent section! Wish our store still had that but they don't anymore. I have no idea what they do with the damaged stuff here.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:15 pm

there are places here thaT have even better sc ratch and dent and day old stuff.one of the stores has day old stuff for 10 or 25cents and sometimes they put carts of stuff up front marked FREE take ONE. i can't get to the store that does that.
i doin't always find stuff i need or stuff cheap. there are weeks where i go and don't find a single thing. i used to a lot better but either people get in there early and grab up the good stuff or its not there cuz its on a funky bookshelf type thing.
i also spend sometimes an hour or more walking around the store to find which something or other is cheaper. is it cheaper to get the dented box of pop tarts or the other brand of 'tarts' that aren't even dented. and then...do i NEED them? will a box of graham crackers last longer and be cheaper? I put back about 90% of the stuff i pick up. (currently i'm living on hot dogs cuz i can get a 10 pack for $1.67. my dinner is around 75cents right now whether i have buns or beans with my 'dogs'). i would love to be eating regular real meals, but when you're trying to save every penny you just do without.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Nobody has anything for free around here, even if it's obviously got some mold going on in the bag.

fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 pm

i found something in the 'day' old bakery stuff that had mold on it so i gave it to someone i know who works at the store to turn into the proper person. if something has mold on it nobody should buy it it should be turned into at least customer service.

today i found about 15 cents in pennies and a dime. some of the pennies were in the coin return at the self serve check out i was in. i guess the person ahead of me didn't like pennies.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 am

Don't they know those pennies help pay for the taxes the state tacks onto everything under the sun? I never pass up pennies for that reason.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:44 pm

there are people here who don't even want to take change back...they will throw it on the end of the registery lane. no so much now as when i first started but there are still those. they don't care...they've been have to count pennies and they've never known anyone who had to count pennies...there are just people out there like that.
i don't think there are that many people like that in the midwest...farmer folks know about accumilating pennies.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum