Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 22 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by BobCat Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

72° and 75° at night?? I'd be a Popsicle!!! I have it set for 79° when we're home, 78° at bedtime, because I have three furry critters that make me warm, and 80° during the weekdays when we're not home. We do have ceiling fans on in the bedroom and living room though, and we'll take the AC down a degree if it feels warm...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 22 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

You can feel the difference between 78 & 79, or is it a matter of saving money Question
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

ARNIgal wrote:You can feel the difference between 78 & 79, or is it a matter of saving money Question

Oh no - I can absolutely tell the difference between 78 & 79°! 78° is generally too cool for me to sit idle with shorts on, but I get warm when I sleep, so then it's OK. Once in a while Wesley will kick it down to 77° when it's really warm outside, and I have to go put slippers on. 80° is a teensy bit warm if I'm doing much of anything in the house, and since the dogs and cat usually sleep all day, they seem to be OK with it.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 pm

BC, you're a natural for the South. I keep the stat at 80 when I'm gone and at 77-79 when home. Down to 74 for bedtime, and that's with just a sheet for cover. I can't sleep if I'm hot! Of course, I live in a barn of a house and it's always hotter upstairs than down.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 pm

You keep your AC at the same temps as I do, but I let mine go up at night. I can't sleep if I'm cold. Hot house flower here!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Same here, I keep mine at 78 all the time but when it really gets hot I drop it
76. I also keep a fan going, along with the ceiling fan.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 am

I'm going to move this thermostat discussion over to the "How's the Weather" so that Tat can have her topic back, but yes, I'm really wired for the south. Visit me over at the "Weather" topic for more...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks, BC. Lord, your right. We can get off-topic in a heartbeat, can't we? That used to be one of my pet peeves on the old forum, and now I'm one of the worst offenders. Sorry, Miss Tat and Caddy Jim! tongue
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:51 am

Sounds like Tat is enjoying the summer indoors in style. Might be a different story without the Ac and all that glorious hair of hers.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 pm

How are you these days, Miss Tat? We are enjoying our AC too. It keeps us comfortable. When it went away a couple weeks ago, we were really hot and miserable. The fans helped a little, but it really wasn't enough.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Caddy Jim afro - "...all that glorious hair of hers..." - got a new problem with Tat - she's not really into careful brushing - I had to space it out over a week, but generally, she seemed to be all right with that aspect. As most of you know, I had my left forearm in a cast for 6 weeks and I couldn't really brush her. Now, I've discovered a great deal - I mean GREAT DEAL - of mats on her back haunches. In fact, one I'm not sure of - could it be a growth?? I hope not! I think the only way to get rid of the mats is to SHAVE them off - you know, electric razor - BUZZZZZZ! That's going to present problems for Tat. I would use somebody who could do it - question - a groomer? or the vet? I'm calling the vet early this week to ask opinions - but I figured I would ask the forum, too.

Tat's tale - cat Did he just say V-T??????
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi, Tat, yes he did. Alas mi amigo Meowmy me takes me once a year to the V*T so my tummy fur
can be groomed. I really don't like tummy fur brushed so Meowmy takes me to have it done. The person
that does it is real gentle but he makes me sleepy. Tonio

Hi, Jim. I would let the vet's office do it. It may cost a little more but if to me it's peace of mind of
they have to sedate her. Meowmy
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Pugsley always had to be sedated to be groomed. When my parents adopted him, he was full of mats and had to take him to the vet few days after adopting him to be groomed. That was when we found out he had a Persian girlfriend there.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:16 pm

A Persian girlfriend? Lol! Oh, Pugsley, you were a sly dog of a cat. Very Happy I love you

Auntie Suze: Caddy Jim, I have to agree with the v*t option. The groomer I used for Shop Dog would only work on dogs because most cats get too freaked. Like Sue says, it may cost a bit more, but if you can resume regular grooming now, you shouldn't have to do it again. I think it would be worth it for all concerned if Tat is sedated before anyone approaches with a BUZZER. Shocked
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I totally agree with the v*t option. They will make sure she doesn't have any horrible memories of getting groomed, so future brushings won't be a problem. My neighor's Maine Coon cat gets mats that can be snipped with hair scissors. They get cheapie ones at the beauty supply store and he really doesn't seem to care. But, if Tat's little problems are sitting tight next to her body, it's definitely better to take her to the "kitty spa."
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 am

OK, I agree with everyone - the vet is the solution. My appointment with Dr. Jackie is tomorrow at 2 PM - they mentioned the "sedation" word, also - and the mysterious bump on Tat's haunches which will need to be looked at. (How did I manage to end the sentence with "at" ??) Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

How dare you end a sentence with a preposition...!! Razz Wink
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

The Persian is a resident cat at the vet, but she stays at the back. ROYAL PRINCE named Pugsley failed to tell my parents about her on the day they adopted him.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 am

I am glad you decided to have the vet staff get rid of those mats, if they're really bad they'll make sure she remembers nothing of the ordeal of getting rid of them. A good investment IMHO. I'm sure they know you didn't let her get matted on purpose so they won't judge you on that account.

If they have to shave Tat, she might be a bit embarrassed to be seen afterwards. Make sure to fuss over her and have treats on hand later.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:41 am

Actually Jim you can ask that only the mats be taken out. Tat will look a little moth eaten but
wouldn't be out as long.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Caddy Jim's tales - Well, I took Tat in to the v-t - as usual, Dr. Jackie commented on how Tat was such a beautiful cat - BUT, she and the tech felt around Tat's "backend", and agreed that she had some REALLY BIG GROSS mats! I explained that I was incapacitated for 6 weeks before and things got out of hand. No growths at all, just HAIR - MUCH much hair!

They brought out the clipper/shears - new ones, ac powered, but relatively quiet. So no sedation! Tat was "shaved" across her left and right haunches - not much taken from her tail, so her precious tail is undisturbed. The final cost, relatively low.

I gave Tat some crunchies (salmon) and gave her some rubs - she's sleeping now.
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Yay! I like when they can do these things without sedation.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Great news and even better news she got to keep her PLUME!!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Yippee! That's great news all around. I'm sure both Tat and your wallet are grateful. Very Happy
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Yo, Tat! I heard your Caddy took you to the you-know-what-V-word-place to get your mats seen to. Sorry you had to go to that place, but hoo, you must be glad to get rid of those mats. I don't get them myself, but my cousin Pauly does and she says they're not only annoying but can hurt! Evil or Very Mad Of course, Pauly's like me and won't let her peoples brush her. Naturally I respect that, but in her case it means a V trip every few months. Silly cat.

Actually, my Ma got a new brush like the one she says the V uses when I'm asleep. (I knew it, I knew it! They take advantage of me there, with all their fine talk about a little nap. Humph.) Anyway, she's been trying it on me when I'm getting water from the kitchen sink. I really hate to say this, but it feels kinda good. Do you really not mind when your Caddy brushes you?

~ Pal Weezer
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next