Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crisis...anyone?

+12
WarriorNY
Suzzzz
lovekitties
ARNIgal
gbste
Susan A
jimkr2t
Sue Short
BobCat
jeanebellini
fiffur
fluffnstuff
16 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Crisis...anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Crisis...anyone?

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Fif, that applies to everyone here. Well just about
everyone here.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Since I mentioned it on the Jim & Vic topic, I guess I can talk about it a little here too. Wesley and I have been waiting for the surgeon to get home from vacation to see him so we could get his opinion, because they found cancer in his first colonoscopy which he had done about a month ago. Now, hopefully, the cancer hasn't moved from the couple of large polyps they removed - and hopefully they were removed fully - but that's what needs to be determined. We saw the surgeon last night, but he wasn't prepared to tell us anything yet. Matter of fact, he read the pathology report for the first time as we sat in the office with him. I am not criticizing him; he was on vacation, but obviously they have some communication procedure problems in their office. He seemed to wonder why we were scheduled to see him at that time too. He was very good about trying to explain what would happen "if this" or "if that," but until he is able to talk to the doctor that did the procedure, and to the pathologist, to understand what they were saying in their report, he couldn't give us any direction. Unfortunately, we were under the impression that all that would have been done by our appointment last night, so we left with as many questions as we had when we walked in. I'm aggravated by this, because I've been a little nervous (to say the least) since we got the news several weeks ago that there was a problem, so now I'm aggravated and anxious too. Hopefully we will know more this coming Thursday, after the surgeon consults the other two doctors.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm

oh man...that doesn't make any sense. (gawd, there's even more reason why i don't go to a doctor!). I hope they got everything when they took the polyps out. everyone i know who's had that done its been good. i'll put you guys on my prayer list. also hope that the docs put their heads together ASAP!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 am

Best wishes, BobCat and Wesley - I know just what you're saying - you've got pathologists, cancer docs, your own primary care doc, the surgeons - and do they actually TALK to one another before they talk with you???? I can only hope so.

Be strong! Jim (and Vic, also)
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:55 pm

its good to see you posting again,jim. please keep us posted on how things are going. there are people out here who worry about ya and Wesley as well. not just the four legged critters that need prayers and good vibes and wishes ya know:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 am

Ok, on a scale of 1 to 10 this is about a 4, maybe a 6
Go to feed a neighbors pets this morning. Open up
the back door to get the dogs food and water bowls.
What do i spy, but a dead oppussum. Poor little guy
never had a chance. You can't get mad at the dogs and
you can't get mad at him. Still it was not an auspeicous
start to the morning. Suspect Sad
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:37 pm

I'll be praying for you too Wesley. I sure hope the various docs get their act together and actually talk to each other, so then you can get the complete picture of what you're dealing with and what to do about it. Try to stay strong and lean on us if you need to.

Sue, I sure don't envy you having to see that first thing in the morning. Poor lil possum..........he probably only came for a light snack and a cool drink.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:32 pm

....and did I mention that I stepped in cat gak
and Boo escaped and had to be dug out from
behind the recycle bins.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 pm

oh mon dieu! did you step in the gak and have to get Boo from behind the recyle bins before or after the possum experience? (was the possum in the barn or in the house or where???? I'm picturing it in the house but don't know how it got in there!).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

I've been pet sitting for one of the neighbors. When I went over
to take care of everybody this morning i open the back to get the dogs
food and water bowls, found the possum. This guy was huge I'm not
sure if the dogs got him or he died of fright. He wasn't chewed up. Get that
taken care. So here I am disposing of this dead possum and asking for forgiveness
because I had to put his body in the rubbish bin.

That's taken care of, hit the showers came back into bedroom and step into
gak. Get that cleaned up and finally able to hit door for work. Open front door
out scoots Boo right behind the recycle bins. Finally got her caught, Finally got to work
about thirty minutes after i normally start.

Last edited by Sue Short on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 am

Scout used to do that too, Sue. She knew exactly when to time the bolt under your feet, and whoosh out the door!
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 pm

OhGoodLord, what a start to your day! What are the odds of that happening again? Astronomical I hope.

Has Boo scooted out the door like this before? Why on earth would she want to go outside as hot as it's been there lately?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:11 pm

My brother's cat used to make a dashing run out the front door whenever one of us wasn't looking. Since she has gotten older, she has quit doing it.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 pm

that's one reason i walk through the house and go down the stairs to get down here. there's a door that i could leave unlocked (not something i'd want to do anyway!) and just have to walk down four or give steps to get here but i'm afraid of opening the door and have a cat fly out cuz if they're gone here they're gone. (bad people driving down the street, turnpike behind the house they could get to in a few seconds and tall tall weeds and trees on three sides of the house they could get and never be seen again!).
the Rescue Kitties are pretty good about not going upstairs though....Franny high tailed it up there the first week i was here, Salem got out when he was up there recuperating and made his way to the floor where the daughter and son in law live, but otherwise if they get to the bottom landing all i have to do is give a stern (name of cat in trouble) and they come right back.

Boo you need to learn to come right back..you don't want to be out in the great big world!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Well the back yard is interesting, Tia Jeane. Mom doesn't
want me to go out and I'm feeling puny anyway. Boo
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Boo,i read you're at (or were at?) the vet????? hope it had nothing to do with your adventure behind the recycle!

i don't know if this is a crisis or what....but this afternoon when i came home there was a TON of stuff out in front of the house for the trash man (including a special printer that the folks upstairs paid over $1000 for a few years ago then discovered they coudln't afford the ink)....is scares me when i see a lot of big things (not trash..garbage things) out front cuz it just makes me think that things are in moire trouble than i've been told.
i did take a box of what i thought were blankets in here..nice new looking 'blankets'. i figured they would be okay for cat beds. I put them in the dryer (even though they appeared clean you never know about buggies)and found out they were sort of poncho/shawl things. i don't know where they got them...there's at least half a dozen or more! now i'm trying to decide if i want to cut them into crate size blankets to give to someone for rescue critterse or just keep them here and use them for nobe's bedding and when they get dirty just toss them out instead of having to wash her blankets all the time.

if anyone in here has a use for them just let me know..i think i could fit them in a big flat rate box.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Those poncho/shawls are very nice in the winter, you can layer them on to keep warm over your clothes so you don't have to have the heat up so high. Kinda like walking around with a blanket wrapped around you but not needing a hand to keep it on. (you should see me in the winter, walking around like an indian in the old movies) Be a shame to just toss them. I know I could use them if you want to part with them.

If the folks upstairs are "cleaning house" so to speak, you may be right about the situation being worse than you've been told. Just a bad gut feeling I have at the moment. (why didn't they just donate the good stuff rather than toss it on the garbage heap? Such waste........) How goes the hunt for housing/new job? I know it's a daunting thing to deal with, but the sooner the better you find something it's better than be caught unprepared and end up on the street.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:35 pm

i don't know....saw something today that makes me think that they were just cleaning out stuff they don't want or found when they were looking for something else. (they are making cake stands (also can use them for sushi, cupcakes or muffins)by gluing fancy plates on top of fancy wine glasses or candle holders. they look really cool and they probably were doing through stuff trying to find old glasses and things to use to make them).

i need to get a box and label it for ya,fiff and then when its full send it out. I've got several boxes set up for people and waiting to get some spare money for postage to send it out. (after the second week of Oct i'll know how stable i am for that stuff but am trying to get some stuff out whenever i can). I might keep one out for me but i don't need more than one.i have one of those snuggy things i got for christmas this year and i made myself a shawl that i can use for my shoulders or throw over my legs in the winter.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:30 pm

That is disquieting Jeane. They could have sold it on eBay or had a yard sale.
Even if it was not working charities like Goodwill will take them and have people
in their programs fix them and sell them.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:23 pm

i know....but they're not that way...they do give away bags and bags of clothes to the vets who come and pick them up (I'm pretty sure its the daughter and maybe the son in law's clothes as andrea and joe don't have many clothes...and a good chunk of joe's shirts are things i've found in the free bin at the thrift shop or got for a couple bucks at the grocery store). but when it comes to big things that people could repair or they could either sell or even free cycle they don't want to bother. (they threw out bedroom sets.acs (just a week or so ago i saw four of them sitting out in front of the mail box but didn't say a thing...wish i coulda had one for down here!)...i can't tell ya what all i've seen put out on the street for people to just take and make money from.

one thing i did haul in from an earlier time was a pink ikea plastic chair....they had me buy it for the daughter when i bought two for myself. i don't remember being paid back for it and saw nothing wrong with it so i brought it down here. i now have three chairs if i ever wind up having a place of my own to live!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Good for you Jeane!!!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

yep....if i ever have a place of my own as least i'll have some place to sit:) i like these pink chairs (though they're not all that comfortable as desk chairs)cuz they look very 1960s;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Glad you snagged that chair. You never know if one of the others will break or you'll need the extra chair for something/somebody to sit on. Have any of the kitties sat on it yet? (and what's wrong with pink? I don't think that color has ever went completely out of style)
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:55 pm

its got stuff on it....nobody's sat on it..they prefer to sit on the one my butt is on when my butt's not on it. (this one has a folded up blanket on it most of the time). i don't think its gonna break...that ikea stuff holds up pretty well....at least the plastic stuff!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Still glad you got it. Shame they didn't ask if you could use anything they were throwing out before it hit the curb...............

That's where I got my fake tree in the livingroom...........off the curb two blocks over from home. Nothing wrong with it, the people just got bored with it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next