Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look what the neighbors dragged in

3 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Look what the neighbors dragged in - Page 5 Empty Re: Look what the neighbors dragged in

Post by Sue Short Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 pm

That's a good idea Becky. I will check into it. Bud will be boarded at the vets the day the movers come, I will have to trap Patch and stash her in the bathroom. It will be safer and quieter there. Tia Sue

Mouski, Fluffnstuff is right, and your Meowmy just wants whats best for you. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Look what the neighbors dragged in - Page 5 Empty Re: Look what the neighbors dragged in

Post by bpaquet Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:37 am

I boarded Archimedes and Shadow when we moved. They insisted it was TRAUMA, but it was far better than the trauma of being there while stuff got moved.
Mouski's meowmy

Auntie Fluffnstuff and Tia Sue, I know it is good to go for my shots. I don't even really mind riding in the CAR. (My brother Gateway told me it was the worst.) I just don't like them poking me and pushing me around. It's insulting. I told my meowmy she better bring a handful of kitty treats!

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:04 am

Kitty treats are in order when shots are given.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:03 am

Lot's of kitty treats for sure and maybe some fresh salmon. I will have to trap Patch and that's really going to be hard on everyone. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Sad Trap sounds bad. I hope she agrees to come without drama. Definitely salmon for her when she does. My meowmy says that when she is in the box, put a towel that has been sprayed with happy smells over it. She bought some spray that helped me when I was sick-y. It was Nature's Miracle calming spray. I was much less stressed on my many trips to the doctor.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:29 pm

It is, Mouski, she's been trapped before when she was TNR'd. Your Meowmy is very wise. I have the trap open but not set. I've also put a towel in there that has been sprayed with happy smells. I put her food in there. My vet recommend Feliway so I'm using that. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Trap was how we got Tortie. She showed up so feral, no one could get within a few feet from her.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Patch is getting better but enough to handle and crate her. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:43 pm

She will come around, Tia Sue. My brother GK was that way when he was new. He did not like being touched. He ended up teaching me how to get in the carrier nice. He liked going for adventures. He must have talked to a kitty named Indiana Jones who loved going places and didn't even need the carrier. He would just get in the CAR. I will ask Indy to talk to Patch.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Thank you. Any help is appreciated. I was shocked that Bud has stayed in all day. He even found a new place to nap. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 pm

I have been doing lots of sleeping. It has been rainy, so it is a good time to take over the giant cat bed and catch up on my sleep.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 pm

It's been chilly and wet here too. Last night I spent the night inside with Food Lady, Patch did too. She was surprised when I woke her up to go out and Patch was inside too. I even spent a good part of the day inside too. I'm glad we stayed in last night, it was stormy and started to get cold. I've been telling Patch this is much better than living rough. She is talking about something called moving and I don't like the sound of that. Food Lady says we will be going with her but that we can't go walkabout anymore. I don't like the sound of that. Bud
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Bud, Food Lady will still take care of you and Patch. I know it will be new surrounding.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:37 pm

I hope so. I'm tired of living rough. I like walkabouts but it's nice to come in where everything is soft and the food and water is fresh. The best part is that you can sleep, I mean really sleep. Bud
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Bud, yesh! Living with Food Lady will be the best thing. My brother GK said he liked going walkabout, but when he found out how great inside is, he decided he didn't need it any more. I went out once, but I got very scared-y. I decided that I will stay in and enjoy the food, water, and naps.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Thank you Mouski, for being so reassuring. Patch is still uncertain but she is getting better. Still Food Lady says we are out of time and she will have to trap her Monday night. Food Lady is not happy about that. Still it has to be done. Bud.

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 am

It will be hard but it will be better. We have kitties living rough down the street. We sometimes see them when we go places in the CAR. They seem happy but always on the lookout for danger. There are things out there that like to do bad things to kitties. I wish they would come inside-y, but my meowmy says they would be very unhappy. So far, her efforts to get them to the doctor have not worked out. Something called COVID keeps getting in the way.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank you, Mouski. I will tell Patch. She is still fearful about all of this. Food Lady has said that Covid has gotten in the way of everything. Bud
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:32 pm

I found that it did not get in the way of my new snack foods. I like green beans, and my meowmy went to the store to get some. She says they are for my doggie, but I get one because I like them. Of course, I plan to shnub them soon because I am a kitty.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 pm

What kind of new snacks? Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 pm

I got freeze dried chicken pieces. My meowmy found them at the food store and I like them very much. My sister even likes them and she does not really like treats. I think she is very silly.

Have you found your new house-y, Bud? Do you like it?

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Yes, we are moved in and the place is widdershins. Food Lady is putting it too rights. I have a balcony to hangout on, I found a way to get off and Food Lady was extremely unhappy even though I came back immediately. Today I stayed inside all day. I like it here. Bud

Tia Sue, here. I was able to trap and move Patch, when we got to the new place and I was releasing her, she scooted out of the bathroom and I haven't seen her since. I'm terrified that somehow she managed to get out of the flat. She is stealth personified.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:14 am

That is scary about Patch.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:31 am

I'm heartsick about it. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 am

I hope she's just laying low inside. My kitties disappeared for days during moves in the past. The sneakiest place I found one was in a drawer of the bathroom vanity. It didn't go all the way to the back because of the plumbing, and the kitty had gone in the back.

Come out, Patch!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next