Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 29 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 pm

How's the weather been where you are Jim? Has it affected your rehab at all?
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 29 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi fif and the rest of the Mutts gang - sorry it's been so long between posts - I read 'em, but have been busy and don't really have the chance to send in stuff to the forum. The therapy has been going as well as expected - two times a week, about two hours in duration. Rest of the week, one or two times a day at home - most of the therapy session is mainly MYSELF doing the exercises, plus about 1/2 hour of occ. th. people - Dan or Kat - giving me a workout with my muscles and shoulder/humeris bones to "help it heal". That's when it really hurts - it feels SO GOOD and HURTS SO BAD.

Weather has not been a problem - the therapy session is about 1/2 mile from my house - I almost could walk there but the roads are tricky.

Lots of cold around here, not too much snow - below 20 temps with wind chill MINUS 10 - Tat and I do not want to go outside, but if there was snow, I take out the snow blower - about an hour, and it's done.

keep warm everyone

Caddy Jim and Tat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Good to hear from you, Jim.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Good to hear from you Jim. Glad to hear the therapy sessions are going well. I assume that Tat is helping. Snug in warm and take care.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 am

So glad things are going well. Mouski is impressed that Tat is brave enough to go out in the snow.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Whoa! Don't know how the idea that Tat goes out in the snow. Ain't no way, Jose' - I take the snow blower out - Tat curls up in a warm spot and waits until I come back in, then helps me warm up.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Glad the weather isn't stopping your therapy...and that it's progressing as expected. By summer you should be pretty close to back to normal. Careful on those roads now....
Good girl Tat, make sure to keep your caddy warm!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:31 pm

LOL!! I thought as much. She's too much like Antonio not getting those dainty little feets wet at all.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 pm

Heehee! The snow got to my brain. I blame the weather. Smile Glad to hear that Tat stays warm. Mouski says that's the way to be.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Warm is always the way to go!
Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 am

It's been a while......how's the therapy going Jim?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Just a few words this time - still going to therapy two times a week - have about 20 exercises that I do, both at therapy and on my own - real benefit from going to therapy are the sessions with massage or stretching with Dan or Kat - rest of visit is basically me doing what do at home. I think I'll finally end it and just continue doing exercises myself. Still can't bring my left arm up past about 90 degrees - still can't reach up with my left arm to get something off a high shelf. I'll still work at it, but I don't think it's going to get much better - and I DON'T want to go back under surgery again - so, maybe I've finally petered out.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Nah... You're differently enabled. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:26 am

Don't say that! Sad
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 am

I'm confident you will find ways to accomplish whatever you want Jim, despite the arm not wanting to cooperate with you. People are nothing if not very adaptable.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Have you acquired one of those reacher gadgets? My mom has one that has a gripper on the end (tongs) and a squeeze handle to grab/let go. She uses it for high things because she's really short. I found it really useful for reaching.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 am

No, I've not tried out the "reacher tool" - I use a short ladder if I need to get something way up.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 am

I have one of those too. It really is handy for reaching up for stuff on the high shelf.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 pm

The stamp of approval from those of us under 6 feet tall. Smile Short ladders are mighty handy too. I have one of those for adventures to the top of the fridge. I can't get a good angle for the reacher.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 am

My mom and I found a taller folding stepstool at farm&fleet for only $10. Works great! Not only can I reach all the way to the ceiling easily, it's strong, doesn't take up much room, and holds 200# (more than enough for me and a heavy box being lifted up). No more stretching to the limit trying to reach what isn't quite in my range.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 15, 2015 2:31 pm

That's great Fif.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 18, 2015 12:22 pm

It is great not to have to haul the heavier metal folding step ladder. Much easier to carry this one as it's a lot lighter.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Jim, how are things your way? You and Tat doing okay?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:29 am

Anything new about Tat?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Hey Tat, did you and your caddy have a good Crispmouse?
Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next