Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 am

Caddy Jim's updates - Well, I'm now working through physical therapy - actually called PHYSICAL TORTURE!!! - Gawd, I didn't think such a nice woman could have my agony in mind! devilish Twisted Evil Man, the things she comes up with - and there's a whole load of "homework" - exercises - that I have to do - I see her 3 times a week for at least two - TWO - months. All this so my left wrist comes back to working well. sunny

We also have a problem with Tat Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 21 3625377276 Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 21 3625377276 She's sneezing. And she has a watery left eye. And she's kind of sleeping a lot more. Remember, she's strictly an indoor cat, no other pets, and she's been with me about a year and and half. I'm not sure? confused If I don't see some improvement, I'll take her over to Dr. Jackie for help. She (Tat) needs some HUGS from her friends!

study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Sue Short Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:58 pm

I've heard that. My brother said something about that being the only job where being a closet sadist
is a requirement. What a Face

Sorry to hear that Tat is ailing sounds like URI. I would go ahead and take her to the vet now. Those things
can get beyond evil really quick. (((((((((HEALING HUGS)))))))))) I love you
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I agree with Sue. At least, call Dr. Jackie and leave a message with Tat's symptoms and ask for a call back to discuss. That's always been a helpful guide for me. Docs can tell you what it might be, and you, as her constant observer, can decide which of the things they talk about seem likely. Team effort. My vet is very open to that; I'll bet Dr. J would be, too.

In the meantime, hugs and good vibes for you both! You've got some hard work ahead of you, Jim! Shocked
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 pm

My mom calls the PTs physical terrorists. Laughing

I agree with the recommendation to call the vet. Those symptoms don't seem like things that would show up for nothing.

Hugs and pets!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah, my mom thinks therapists are sadists too. When she had therapy for her shoulder they tortured her something fierce.

I agree, it's either a URI or allergies. Remember, this year is extra bad for allergies due to the extra mild winter we had.

((((((((((((((((((HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))) for both of you!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Caddy Jim's ramblings - Thanks to everyone for their hugs for Tat - She seemed better Friday, but I decided to take her over to the V-- (my arms have scrapings once I tried to put her in the carrier! Evil or Very Mad devilish ) - Dr Jackie had a full schedule, so I went with another Doc - she checked out Tat - eyes clear, heart and lungs clear, no more sneezing, in other words, Tat had the problem cleared up Smitten - as most of you had suggested, it was a brief bout with "a cold". Still was worth it just checking it out. Many thanks! study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Glad to hear everything is okay. Sorry to hear about your arms.

Hi, Tat, mi amigo. Sorry to hear that you had to go the V*T, but happy to hear that all is well.
I know it's hard not to be frightened when you are being put into the Traveling Kitty Jail but your
Caddy loves you and will never let you go. My Meowmy leaves the door open when it's not in use
so I won't be so frightened of it. Tonio cat
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry you had to go to the v*t for your sneez-o-rama, Tat. I do that every year about this time. I don't know what blooms that gets me, but I get weepy and sneezy for a few days off and on. Ha! Ma got all freaked the first few years, but now she just watches to see if it passes. So far so good. Don't blame your Caddy, kiddo. The v*t trip part ain't no fun, but ya gotta love that he cares so much. I love you

And hey, if you're still mad, try this. Wait till he's relaxing on the couch, take a "nap" on his chest, and sneeze right in his face! Lol! That'll make him jump! devilish
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 am

I'm so glad whateveritwas cleared up on it's own for Tat. Sorry about the war wounds your arms got though. How's the arm otherwise Jim?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi, Jim and Tate. Just thought I would check in and see how y'all are
doing. How was your Fourth.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Yeah, did you have fireworks or were they cancelled like they were here in my town? They were afraid the fallout would cause a wildfire.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 pm

So glad to hear she's back to her normal self. I hope she's making up to you for her tattooing on your arms.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I have a feeling she has already Becky.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi guys and gals - study Caddy Jim here - I know it's been a while since I've been on here - I check-in everyday, but I haven't been writing - First, it's TOO HOT! devilish then, I've got physical therapy for my wrist (coming along well, thank you) - then I've got some dental work, periodontal style - ugly! Just haven't been much in the mood for writing. scratch

All is well at the furry end of my relationship cat With the hot weather (even in an AC house), Tat spends a lot of time napping and not much watching the birds, squirrels, etc. She just likes me to FEED HER at the appropriate times!

Those who asked - over here in western South Jersey/Philly, we didn't get much in the way of storms and the 4th went on as planned, with plenty of fireworks. Over on the eastern end of SJ, they got really hit - lots of storm damage, trees down, flooding, and power outages. It's been a over a week and still there's some areas that don't have power back. Wow!

OK - that's it for now - see all of you later! cheers Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Glad things are going pretty well. It IS hot, isn't it? I'm a Southern girl, and I think it's too hot. Sigh...
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Glad to hear from you Jim and Tat. Happy to hear that all is well even though it is hot. Right now
we are about ten degrees cooler than the rest of y'all. Still it's not fun. One of the birdbaths was almost
dry this morning. I refill them everyday Still it's hard on the birds and other wildlife.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Glad to hear things are coming along well Jim. Also glad you weren't among those who lost power in all that horrible heat.

I can't imagine doing without even a fan or running water.....and some folks are on well water so when the power goes so does the well pump.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

My boss was one of those people without power or water for 3 or four days in the worst of the heat. Of course, he got to jet off to some physics conference in Australia midway through it but his poor wife was left there. I checked in on her and she was doing OK, but she's elderly, and that's always a worry.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Why on earth didn't he take her with him rather than leave her to swelter at home? I know he'd probably have to pay her way but at least she would've been in AC. Didn't he care if she died from the heat?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh, he's the nicest man in the whole world, but the power went out like a day before he left. For one thing you have to apply for a visa to travel to Australia, and for another, can you imagine what the plane ticket would have cost with a one-day notice?? I rather doubt that she would have wanted to drop everything and get on a flight that was going to last over 24 hours with all the layovers and all. Not to mention the fact that she probably wouldn't have wanted to leave the house with no power and jet off half way around the world, not knowing what would become of the fridge contents, etc. She certainly could have gone to a hotel much more easily - but she didn't want to do that either. She said she just showered at the local health club, and apparently was OK otherwise.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 pm

She sounds to me like a lady who can think for herself and manage quite nicely, thank you (which is probably what she told her hub when he agonized about leaving her). I would keep checking in until her power is restored, but those two sound like sensible people. If she needs a hotel, I'm sure she'll go to one.

How elderly is she?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 pm

My boss is 75 (and he still runs full marathons on a regular basis AND plays trombone in a Dixieland band!), and his wife is 84. Her power came back within a couple of days after he left, and of course, I checked in on her when I could, along with the woman who used to work for Roy and is now retired. (I "inherited" him when she retired about 3 years ago.)
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Well, did she at least have running water? I know it wasn't heated since with no power there's no water heater going, but as hot as it was who wants to take a hot shower anyway? Cold showers several times a day to cool off is not bad, about the same as going to the pool but with no sunburn.

Jim, how's Tat been handling the heat? Hogging the AC and fan? Sprawling out on the tile in the bathroom? Or just standing in the door of the fridge every time you open it (and you can't close it since she's practically IN it)? Bij has been doing all of the above and he has short hair.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Nope, no water at all. They're on a pump, so no electricity, no water... She's A-OK though... tougher than many her age, I'm sure.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:28 am

Hi - in the hottest part of the day, the AC is set for 72 degrees - Tat is fine with that, and doesn't "hog" the vents - in fact, at times, she stretches out in the foyer basking in the sunlight! In the "cooler" parts, in the early evening, the AC is set for 75 - Tat then takes her place in the front window watching the outdoors fun.

Caddy Jim TV Happy
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next