Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse racing and other things equine

+4
fluffnstuff
gbste
bpaquet
Sue Short
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Horse racing and other things equine - Page 5 Empty Re: Horse racing and other things equine

Post by bpaquet Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:56 am

Yeah... I've never been as excited about the Breeders' Cup. I don't know why, but your guess about CA tracks might be it. (I'm still mourning our little track here.)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Horse racing and other things equine - Page 5 Empty Re: Horse racing and other things equine

Post by Sue Short Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 am

I'm bringing this up because of what has happened in California. It's not only the losses of horses but also people. Two people are UCSD Medical in critical condition, they are not sure how many horses are lost. The back stretch workers have lost everything and they didn't have a lot to lose.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 am

It's tragic. If we were closer, we have a beautiful unused racetrack that could help. Sigh... I'm hope eventually some associations set up a fund for the survivors. Fortunately, many of the horses have wealthy owners. The workers... Not so much. Sad
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm

They have. Next time I see the links on FB I'll share.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Ready for the mint juleps and an afternoon of fun.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/sports/kentucky-derby-odds-picks.html
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Great article. At least five them shouldn't be in there for sure and another five are boarder line.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Ugh! The track... What a mess.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 05, 2018 9:53 pm

And thank goodness everyone finished safe. It was an exciting race, but too worrisome. Hoping for a sunny Preakness.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 05, 2018 10:23 pm

I hear you. Still it was an incredible day of racing. I finally found the mute button on the remote. Thank God. I turned on the sound when the horses went to post. Pin Oak Stud a had horse in a race on the under card that I really like. Name is Sync something, anyway has a late kick. Exciting to watch but hard on the wallet.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 am

A friend told me that a ticket for anything under a roof STARTS at $1700. It's a bit beyond my budget. I don't even enjoy betting, so I'd be out all my money - not even a $3 return on a small race. Laughing
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 06, 2018 2:23 pm

You know it's like Mardi Gras, great idea but way to much booze to be fun.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 19, 2018 9:53 pm

What a great race. The Preakness was well run even if we could barely see the horses through the fog. I'm glad it looked like the jockeys were being careful in the wet footing. Not a fast race, but a really competitive one.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

That it was. I was impressed with the horses who caught up with him in the last 16th. I know they are hailing him as the second coming of somebody and acting like they had never heard of him but this horse didn't sneak up on anybody.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5