Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+4
Sue Short
bpaquet
fiffur
ARNIgal
8 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 6 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Today, Beans just had to bring me a toy while I was eating lunch. The only problem was, Bello was on my lap and I couldn't get up and get the toy right away. Well, she kept talking until I got Bello off my lap and got up to get it. When I was putting sheets on my bed a little later, she insisted on flattening all the wrinkles and then made several attempts to try and eat them. Then she couldn't make her mind which twin bed she wanted to stay on...mine or "hers". In this particular room in Patty's house, there are two twin beds. Beans used to sleep curled up in my arms but now chooses to sleep in "her own bed".
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 6 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Sue Short Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Tonio is a master of making the Giant Cat Bed.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 pm

LadyMamas, I can't speak for your cats, but since I've gotten older I like to be lifted onto counters because I don't always trust the springiness of my back legs. And to think I could top the fridge, back in my heyday! Oh, well, I have a minion, why not use her? Besides, it's good for her training. If I need attention, she needs to respond immediately, no questions asked.

Also, I like to sleep in my own space in the summer. Ma's always thrashing around and throwing off the sheet. She says it's hot flashes. Looks more like rabies to me, but she swears she's clean. When it gets cold and she has proper blankies on the bed, I'll be back to snuggle in.

~Weezer cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Weezer, I agree! I almost wiped out the other day when I tried to jump on the giant cat bed. I appreciated my servant lifting me. And as for sleeping spots, I also agree. I want my own place in the summer, and I demand a warm body to snuggle on in the winter. I also want a heating pad when the warm bodies are not available.

Petie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Bobby doesn't come to sleep on my head as often in the summer time either. But he's there every night once the temps cool a bit.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Okay, Weezer, I'll concede the point.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

Does this mean that Bobby's NOT spoiled?? My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 6 2961591619
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am

Not in his opinion.......but that may differ from some of ours.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

I think Beans is reacting to having "her own bed" and not to warm weather. When I was living in Flint, I had no air conditioning in that apartment and she STILL slept curled up in my arms at night. Now that she has air conditioning and "her own bed", she doesn't sleep curled up in my arms...?!! Beans is a cat that is defying logic confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:36 pm

All cats defy logic.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Ha! Beans is simply asserting her independence and equal rights. You have a bed, why shouldn't she? Aw, don't worry, Arni, it doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She probably doesn't understand that you need the cuddling more than she does. Although they can surprise us, cats aren't big on empathy as a rule. As long as she's with you, she's sure things are fine. She has no idea that times are tough. The absolute security she feels under your protection gives her the freedom to go her merry way and try new things.

And yes, Bobby is spoiled. All our cats are spoiled. Ain't it great? I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

My Bobby has his warm weather perch on my very favorite old oak desk chair (with WPA stamped on the bottom of it - a great find from Wesley's time at the university), which I place right in front of an open window, and add a nice pet pillow so he doesn't have to lay on the hard wood. It was the chair that Blue was laying on in that photo I had at the top of my blog for so long. I guess he is a little spoiled...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:53 pm

OOoooo..., Envigado would love that spot!! Smitten Sounds like a good one Smile

Also, I have no doubts that Beans still loves me. After all, she still brings me toys! Smitten She has even started bringing toys to my friend while I'm at work. She even did this, complete with her extra-special alert noise while Patty was on the phone with someone in Ohio and was asked what was wrong with Beans! geek
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Beans not only still loves me but she loves the other kitties at Patty's place too. Before I left today, I saw her sharing "her bed" with two of Patty's cats! Like a Star @ heaven bounce Smitten
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:18 pm

What a precious girl. Antonio will not share anything with another pet.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am

Awwwwww, Beans is such a loving and generous kitty! Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Speaking of not sharing. I've just finished washing all the throws on the
couch and guess who isn't sharing the freshly laundered throws.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Booooooo...! Share 'em Tonio...! devilish

I feel awful about how I treated the cats this weekend. My friend had her friend from Ohio up again this last weekend so me, Beans and Envigado were down in the little room in the basement on Sunday night to sleep. Well, the cats did not like being down there at all, so after work, I got maybe two hours of sleep if I was lucky with all their howling at 5AM. I was so sleep deprived and angry because of that and almost clobbered them out of annoyance...I'm stunned that they forgave me for all the swearing and kicking (the room was pitch black, so thankfully I missed them Embarassed ) Today things have calmed down. Patty put the sleeping bag I was using on Beans' bed and the cats have had a blast sleeping on it all day geek
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Embarassed Arni, there is not a soul in here that hasn't been extremely mad
at their pets. That includes taking an ill aimed swipe at them.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

It's the truth. One time, GK squeaked so much that I booted him out the door -- literally. I felt terrible. Shocked But, incredible kitty that he is, he forgave me.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

All emotional wounds have been healed. cheers Yesterday I took the sleeping bag off Beans' bed. Later in the day I decided to take a nap but there were a couple of kitties on my bed so I used Beans' bed instead. Well, when I woke up I found Bello curled up in my left arm, Beans curled up by my feet on the same side and two of Patty's cats on my other side. With all those purrs, I didn't want to get up Sleep
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 pm

I love you Like a Star @ heaven
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Kitty Pile!!!!! cat cat cat cat

You do realize, I assume, that by sleeping on the Kitty Bed and waking up to find yourself surrounded, you have been assimilated. You are now a Cat Person. Oh, wait! You've always been a Cat Person! Silly kitties. All that maneuvering for nothing. tongue
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Suzzzz wrote:Kitty Pile!!!!! cat cat cat cat

You do realize, I assume, that by sleeping on the Kitty Bed and waking up to find yourself surrounded, you have been assimilated. You are now a Cat Person. Oh, wait! You've always been a Cat Person! Silly kitties. All that maneuvering for nothing. tongue

To be sure now.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:14 pm

That was a very adorable day, especially since one of the cats, Jade- nicknamed Sad Eyes, got up from my bed and right away snuggled next to me Smitten
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next