Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+4
Sue Short
bpaquet
fiffur
ARNIgal
8 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 14 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Suzzzz Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Of course. And wringing hands. tongue
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 14 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Saying prayers for her safety while we're at it......
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Your prayers continue to work and as far as I know, she is still safe. I haven't seen Osca today, but I did see her yesterday after about a four day absence. Yesterday she curled up in my lap and tried to hide up in my down jacket. We only snug if I see her before I leave on my walk. If I don't see her, I'll walk towards the intersection, then down Saginaw and up into the park. I like this route since, when I go up into the park, I can smell the coffee roasting operation that has been downtown for the better part of the last century... Very Happy If Osca and I do snug first, I head South on Pennsylvania, and so far, she hasn't gone past the house on the side street immediately to my South! bounce
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Awwwww......she tried to get inside your jacket where she knew it was nice and warm! Glad to know she's still around and doing okay. Just wish she'd come inside where it's warmer and safer.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

A black kitty that I thought was Osca made an appearance last night. It ran away from me so it wasn't her. I'm just hoping this one didn't scare her off!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm

{{{{{{ Oh, Osca, swallow your wild pride and come inside! }}}}}}
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes, mi amiga, inside is so much better Antonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Petie swears it is! He skittered out the door the other night, and he went right back. It was cold, and he had enough in about 10 seconds. Come inside, little sweetie!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes, inside is much better! Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Wow...! I really didn't mean to be away for soooooo long! Mostly that is due to the recent holidays, cold weather and no internet at home.

I'll start off with the easiest thing. While I haven't seen Osca for two and a half weeks now, I think she might be hanging in a garage with some other neighborhood kitties which I haven't seen. When I was out walking on the side street nearby, I saw a food dish on a landing of a staircase going up to an apartment on the top floor of a house. Next to the food dish was a hole going to the inside of the garage...I've seen her hanging out at this house before Smile

Last Thursday, Envigado had an adventure and he is not completely "out of the woods" yet...! pale Right before I went to work, I locked him in the closet and he was in there for about 8 and a half hours...THE POOR GUY! The local vets couldn't drain his bladder, but the vets at MSU's teaching hospital could. I thought I caused this blockage problem since he was symptom-free before the closet incident. The vet assured me that I didn't and told me that I probably brought the problem into the open, in fact! He's getting a final kidney value reading tonight. If they come back fine, Envigado will get the surgery to get the stones removed and will be put on a modified diet. Please send prayers and vibes for good kidney values...I'm not liking the alternative... pale
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh! BIG HEALING VIBES to Envigado. GK had terrible kidney readings when he got all blocked up. We thought we were going to lose him, but he pulled through, and only shows slightly not-normal kidney readings now. I hope Envigado's readings come out well and he can get everything taken care of.

<>
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Poor boy, this is not getting off to grand start. Healing vibes from
Antonio and I.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 pm

What a way to start off a new year................((((((((((((((((((strong healing vibes))))))))))))))))) for Envigado. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} all around.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Weezer and I send our best prayers for our boy. Please let us know!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Envigado ended up having surgery to remove four greyish stones. With the exception of waiting for his bladder to heal post surgery, he is back to normal. He is even demanding to sniff whatever I am doing on the counter to make sure I am not slipping any cheeziz by him! :-)
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Poor guy, happy to hear that he is on the mend. Do they have any idea of what
caused the stones.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm just so delighted E is getting back to normal! cheers What an ordeal for the poor guy (and his mama!). I'm guessing cheeziz might not be on his menu now. Is he on special kidney-health food?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Poor little guy.....surgery is no fun. Glad to hear he's bouncing back so fast, being his old self. Will he have to go on special food now to prevent more stones? What about treats?
(((((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

The Vet Surgeon said that Envigado might have to go on a special diet pending the results of the tests done on the stones. Those results were expected to be back by today. So if I don't hear anything today, I'll call tomorrow to see what's up. Dr. Snow did say she was intrigued by the greyish color of the stones. For now he is on a diet to get as much water in his system as possible. This includes wetfood...and unfortunately, Envigado does not like wetfood. Pending final stone analysis, Envigado is getting cheeziz every time I use it! I don't give him loads of it, just one teeny bit at a time. He had always seemed to be fine with that and went on his merry way doing whatever he does! Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Weezer always snubbed wet food, too, until recently when I decided to try again because she's slowly losing weight. Natural for an oldie like her (17) but still, I thought I'd try to beef her up a little. Without much hope I tried her on Evo canned food. It's pure meat (turkey & chicken in this case) and she LOVES it. Cats are meat eaters, so try to get the brand with the least fillers. Good luck!

Edit: What exactly is cheeziz? I was thinking you just meant cheese.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm thinking it maybe cheese whiz Suspect but I may be wrong.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 pm

If all else fails, you can always resort to human babyfood. They still make pureed beef and chicken don't they?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Cheeziz is the plural word for little bits of cheese broken off of the piece being used by the human...said bit or bits given promptly to cat or cats... Very Happy On Monday the Surgical Vet called back with the results of testing done on Envigado's bladder stones and said they were calcium oxylate stones. At least they were not the magnesium ones that are caused by infection! Just like with people, she said that the stones might not reform. Other than making sure Envigado gets lots of water, no dietary changes are recommended!

Beans was an excellent friend this weekend! I love you After seeing me projectile vomit into the toilet, she promptly trotted off and got me a toy, then curled up in my lap and purred really loud. I sure wished I could have sat there forever...but I had to work! I'm alright there, my breakfast hit the right spot when a coughing fit came on! bounce

My Cats have been very adorable lately and I'm sure that I can get a couple of good snaps in between the dry spells when I'm not on here! Today before I left, Envigado was all curled up with the stuffies on top of the cat condo...you all would have loved it. Unfortunately the camcorder batteries were not charged...! bounce
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

First rule of cats and cameras always make sure the batteries are charged. Good news about
the make up of the stones.

I had to laugh, and I mean fall the floor and wet my pants laugh when I read the next
paragraph. Well we all know what I thought any way glad you are fine.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

When I read how Beans was trying to make you feel better I couldn't help but go AWwwwwwww.........glad you're all better now. And very glad for the vets' report. Envigado will be grateful not to have to change his diet. Are the stones all gone now? How's the little guy doing?

Looking forward to those pics!!!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next