Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new...temporary....kitty

+6
fiffur
WarriorNY
bpaquet
Suzzzz
Sue Short
jeanebellini
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

new...temporary....kitty - Page 3 Empty Re: new...temporary....kitty

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 pm

some parents are like that here too, but some aren't............gives me some hope anyway that some of those kids won't turn out to be self-centered brats.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am

Any news from temporary kitty's latest adventures to pet fairs?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:04 pm

i don't know if he went yesterday but i presume he did cuz when i went up to take my shower and talk to him he was so zonked out on his shelf he coudln't move...all stretched out and so tired he couldn't lift his little kitty noggin!
he's gone again so i don't know if he's gonegonegone or if he'll be back.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 am

Did he return? I hope he found a forever home, but I'll miss his little stories here if he did.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 pm

he's still here though i doh't kow what is going on. (ya know nobody talks to me) he's still very kissy but i think he's getting to big or fiesty to want to be in the cage all the time. i wish i had a room where i could close the door and let him walk around on the floor and play. it makes me so sad to see him in that cage...its a good size cage but still a cage...all day and all night:(
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Poor little guy. It's getting to the point where they will have to surrender him to somebody who can foster, I think. Sad
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:39 pm

actually i think this IS fostering. though i would consider fostering having the cat or do actually live out with you like a normal cat or dog. but i think that's what this is being called.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:12 am

Well... HUMPH! My opinion (which in a politically correct person would be kept to herself) is that fostering ought to help the animal develop socialization skills and keep them healthy. Neither of those things is going to happen in a cage. Sigh... I sure hope he finds his forever person soon.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:14 pm

if things weren't so dog concerned upstairs (they always insist that the dogs will EAT any cat that comes upstairs....those dogs eat too much to begin with and that cat it at all but not as long as they are!)maybe kitties could walk around. but even Miss Puff is in one little room and can see the outside world either through the bedroom window or through the 'fence' that is at the bedroom door. But she does get to walk around. if the door to that room didn't have just half a fence thing maybe found kitty could try to be in there...but with the half door he's just climb over and with miss puff ..well, she didn't get along with any of the other kitties down here when she was with them and one of those was her sister and the other was her neice! (the only kitty she ever got along with was Mr Puff and he was everybody's friend!).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 pm

It doesn't sound like a great solution. I do worry about kitties turned loose around multiple dogs. I've known a few who ended badly because the dogs pack hunted them. But, still... Found Kitty needs to have some out time -- even if the doggies have to spend a few hours locked in a room. Poor little guy!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm

i'd say hold found kitty and let him look at the dogs and the dogs look at him...he's in a room that has a low piece of wood barring the doorway.don't need it too high to keep doxies out;) the dogs see him in the cage over the little piece of wood and they don't even bark at him.
i think they told me that he went to one of the adoption things and hissed at a dog (he also supposedly nipped at a little kid who was...gawd only knows...maybe sticking its finger in the cage?) I've never heard him hiss and i stick my fingers in the cage all the time (even stick my nose in there a couple times to see how he is around people gettingtheir face close to him.he only licked my fingers and my nose both! and rubbed on my fingers.

i don't know the answers to any of this stuff...just know that i'd do it differently. (after all there are rooms that have doors on them that he could go into with a person and be left to roam and look at thing etc. i just wonder if they fear cats touching their stuff...ya know? he might scratch something or he might walk across a keyboard etc.
i've been around so many different critters in all my years that i know what they can and can't hurt..well,at least most of the time. (I've learned i can't keep anything nicely piled or on anythnig down here cuz somebody is going to jump on it,walk over it,paw it or knock something else into it!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:22 pm

How is that kitty supposed to be prepared for going into a home if they never let him out to walk around and explore a room a bit? If you have a gate across the doorway so he can't get out, then the dogs can't get in either. They can see and sniff each other but not hurt each other. The folks upstairs might be surprised their dogs like this lil guy. A hiss or two is normal, until they figure out who's in charge. I understand your frustration Jeane, caged 24/7 isn't a good way to live for a kitty. Poor lil guy..............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 am

I've already ranted all over the socialization thing, so I'll just leave that. I know you can't do anything in that dept., Jeane, so there really isn't much point besides all of us agreeing that poor Found Kitty not getting what he needs.

Any news? Is he still supposedly hissing?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Has Found Kitty been to any other adoption events yet? The sooner he gets a new home that will give him what he needs the better. I know you'd give him that but the folks upstairs won't let you. Try to sneak a ((((( few PATS))))) to him from me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Any updates?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 am

no he's still here....i try to visit him twice a day. i've been looking into one of those little harness things to see if i could get him to accept that then i could maybe walk him around a bit. i haven't found one that i thinhk will fit. i need to look for salem's old vest thing....if i could find that and it fit it would be a step.
i try to get him to move from little platform to little platform and i try to get him to stretch up his full length to get a little scratchin.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am

Poor lil Found Kitty. I'm glad you visit him, so he's not too lonely.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Thought I would bump this up. How is Found Kitty doing?
I know you have posted about walking him on a leash.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri May 06, 2011 10:59 pm

i thought i'd put in here somewhere that this past week..i think it was Sun or MOnday....i went upstairs after getting home and spent some time holding him and walking him around but when i went upstairs to take my shower later that night he wasn't in his cage. i thought i might have left the door open and walked around a little looking for him. but it was the lower door that was open and i know i only opened the top one. so i thought he might be in the back with andrea.
i went up the next day to take some stuff out to the trash and some squirrel snacks and he still wasn't in there. so i said something and found out he was spending a few days with someone else. so it was sort of like a testing thing i guess. welp, he hasn't come back so i guess he's found a place.
it would have been nice to be able to say good bye...or at least to have been told what was going on instead of having to worry about it all night. but at least i spent some time lovin' on him just a few hours before he left.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 07, 2011 9:26 am

I think your attention meant a lot to him. He was in solitary confinement. I hope his new home is a happy one where he can run around and be a happy young kitty. (And learn how to be a real pet.)

Good on ya for loving him. You were the bright spot in his life at the house.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 07, 2011 11:28 am

I'm sure he remembers that you were the one who gave him love and some freedom while waiting for a forever home. A very bright spot in an otherwise quite lonely life. I agree it would've been very nice to have been able to say goodbye to him before he left. Maybe Andrea thought she was sparing you the sadness of seeing him go..........

I hope whoever has Found Kitty now loves and appreciates him, and has fun teaching him the joys of toys, running around, cuddling, and catnip. Do you think if you asked nicely, someone might let you know how he's doing if they get an update?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat May 07, 2011 6:53 pm

naw...i don't think anyone thought one way or the other about telling me about him leaving. nor will i ever find out anymore about him. i had no contact at all with the woman who was doing the rescue stuff. (she was the woman who had the cats in cages that burned to death in the fire in her house after all...they were probably afraid to introduce me to her for fear i'd say something. they're always afraid i'm going to say something to embarrass them..esh).
if it were the lady who does the TNR and rescue/adopt down the street here it would be a completely different story!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Then we can only hope he's happy, we'll never know for sure now that he's gone.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3