Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 30 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Naps in this household always have at least some of those elements, if not all! I love you I was especially glad for the deep purrs from Envigado during my nap today :-) Those purrs definitely dialed down all the feelings of annoyance from work today :-)
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 30 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Its so harrrrrrd getting chores done that involve water with my Envigado around. Heck! He bothered me THREE TIMES while I was washing the breakfast dishes. For two of the times he bothered me, all's I had to do was pet him while he ate a few bites. The third time he wanted me way far away from the water and wanted me to take a nap...but I was strong and got the dishes done :-)
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

LOL!!! Hey his got his priorities straight, what's your problem. Smile
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, I just got up from a 15 minute Envigado nap. No water was involved this time...he just wanted me off the internet for a bit! I love you Earlier, I tossed some toys in the slippery throwstuff hall and he liked that and I thought he wouldn't have wanted a nap, but I was wrong apparently.

Have any of your pets been quick to anger by something that you do? Well, Beans appears to have a problem with me learning Arabic. For the last week I've been hitting the books regularly every day. When I'm repeating the words she'll always jump up on the table and meow in alarm, similarly to when she is bringing me a toy. Last night though, she was getting downright snarky and maybe even a bit mean about it. I thought maybe she was reacting to the red book marker in my Arabic book or maybe the red pencil I was using...but I've used red things in her presence tons of times... confused Last night, she rather angrily sat on my book and started slapping my hand to the point where she even drew a tiny bit of blood affraid Other than when I'm trying to teach myself Arabic, she has been normal ol' Beans confused Weird...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Maybe she just doesn't like the sound of the language. It bothers her that she doesn't understand it like she does English.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Well, she hasn't attacked me since that one day, but she still is full of concerned meows! affraid I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Probably asking why all of a sudden you are spouting weird language (what's possessed you mom, evil spirits?).
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey now!! LOL bounce If only she knew I was "talking funny" in order to improve our lives...KITTIES...sheesh! confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Maybe she wants you to learn HER words in Arabic. Does your book have words that you use with her in English? Conversation is the best way to learn a language. Perhaps she wants a discussion. I'm pretty sure kitties are multilingual. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm sure kitties are multilingual......they speak Meow, human, and sometimes bird and dog.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm keeping a look out right along for words I can use with Beans and Envigado (& Bello when I see him Smile . So far, I guess I can kind of use colors. In my book, not all colors are available, or so I thought. This puzzled me a bit at first. Then as I saw news stories from that part of the world, I noticed that the color scheme on things like flags and signs would follow that in my book. Since Beans has a lot of white, I can call her Beidah (feminine white). Envigado, I can call him Aswad (masculine black) If I don't see them, I can do things like ask them where they are. For Envigado, "Ayna anta?". For Beans, "Ayna anti?". Words like brown, purple, yarny flower, schmousie, etc. are a bit beyond me but I do expect to pick up those types of words as I continue learning. Living in Flint, I had expected more immersion in the language with Arabic speakers, but that hasn't happened like I had hoped. confused I guess for now, talking to my cats and annoying my co-workers will have to do until I can come up with something else! bounce
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Beans has always been kind of snarky if I've petted her while asleep and over the past few days I've figured out how to pet her while she's asleep. She checks up on me when I take a nap or if I wake up "too late" in the morning and I've always wondered why I can't do the same. It turns out, all I have to do is make the same little mew that she does and then its all good! Smile I love you Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Guess that little mew means "Are you okay, just checking....."
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:03 pm

That's right! :-) I just wish I knew when I started to learn how to speak "Cat"! I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm

After Beans brought me the last of four toys today, I had to spend about ten minutes calming her down! Poor thing...this left me wondering why she gets so unnerved when she brings me toys? confused I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Does she want you to throw them? Is she trying to teach you to hunt/play?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm

That could be it: she's upset you're not taking to the lesson she's trying to teach you.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 pm

When I first noticed Beans doing this I thought she wanted to play. I'd then throw the toys of into the room for her to chase them and she just sat there like she was hurt that I didn keep them! Then a year ago, someone from this site thought that maybe she was teaching me how to hunt, I think it was fiffur :-) For a couple weeks she'd carry the toys into the bath tub, then meow for me and I'd roll 'em around it the tub...and she'd go nutssssssss! Now she's back to bringing me toys if I am doing something where I'm still, like drinking coffee or when I'm on my computer! She just sounds like she's in such awful pain when she brings me toys that I feel badly for her! Sad I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Maybe she wants you to fuss over the toys? I've never heard of kitties doing this. Have you tried an animal communicator? I'm sure there's a fascinating reason Beans does this.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm

She's the only kitty I've heard of that does this too. It would be great to know for sure what it is she wants when she does this. Maybe you're supposed to batt at them and knock them around like you're 'killing' the toy when she brings them to you, even if that is at the computer or putting down the coffee to do it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, I think I got on Beans' bad side this morning. Maybe I already told you all this, but the toys she does bring to me, I keep them with me all day. I used to collect them and put them on top of the t.v. where I could keep an eye on 'em when at home! This can't be done anymore 'cuz Beans will go up there and bring 'em over to me. Well, I even take them to bed with me so she won't feel obligated to bring me any more toys...she has done this when I've left 'em on the t.v. Well this a.m. I put the actual toys back in the basket and threw out the paper wads. Then I reached down to pet Beans and she nipped my hand! confused If I have to do this again, maybe I'll explain to her that sometimes "food" has wrappers or bones that needs to be thrown out! By the way, I know she's a bit angry with me since she hasn't yet brought me any toys!

Envigado also did something a bit odd today too. After I honored his request for a nap, he proceded to rub my face with his face and I swear it felt like I was territory that he was marking...you know how cats do with furniture sometimes... confused Needless to say, I couldn't take a nap!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:48 pm

And I thought my cats over the years were sometimes odd. Laughing
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 pm

I think when they rub your face with theirs it's kinda like when they do it to each other......they're saying "You're family and I want everyone to know it."
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:12 pm

That would make sense if he hadn't spent all of his 13 1/2 (except 2 times this month) years avoiding having anyone touch his face...! That's what makes me think there is something up! affraid
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Maybe he's finally decided to claim you as family?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next