Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are YOU thankful for?

+9
fluffnstuff
ARNIgal
Sue Short
Fisshy
lovekitties
fiffur
BobCat
Magdalene
jeanebellini
13 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

what are YOU thankful for? - Page 39 Empty Re: what are YOU thankful for?

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm

I have no idea what my stride is but I know I can walk 8 miles in 3 hours if I have to.

I'm thankful it's at least cool enough to get something done before 8am these days..........it's too hot the rest of the day until late at night. Amazing what you can get done in 2 hours if you have to, and your downstairs neighbor is somewhat deaf so you don't disturb them.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 pm

its gonna sound stupid...but i'm thankful the grocery store has all the basic flavors of Campbell's soup for $1 a can! usually its just chicken noodle and tomato so i'm stuck taking chicken noodle to work when i get a lunch. now i'm getting a good variety (I really like vegetarian veg;) )and i'm stocking up for when it goes back up to $1.50 or more.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Damn, that is a good deal. Too bad you don't have any coupons.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 pm

i don't think i've seen coupons for reg soup in years...just the fancy stuff. but the cat food cans i have coupons that came on the cans for the new cheesy versions (50Cents off 6 cans....they might double it,i need to go look at my receipt)and its on sale so it comes to 45cents a can instead of 50 cents.the Purina ONE has coupons on the small bags for $2 off and that's on sale for $5.99. i'm going to buy as many of those as i can as long as they have the coupons on them.....i know it sounds stupid and hoardish...but i guy when its on sale,with coupons and try to get enough saved up for the winter months when i can't lug it home. (besides, right nowthe kitties are going through two small bags about every 10 days and they go through at least 14 cans of food a week...14 cans if they don't bug me into giving them an extra can when i'm home for the day;) salem can be a very mouthy kitty and demanding of the wet snax;) ).
reminds me..i need to go in and see if that bogo friskies coupon is still online and if they will let me print another one off!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Has anybody in here tried the new Purina O.N.E. I have a coupon for $2.00
off from Korger for it.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 pm

i've bought the boxes with my coupons...it has fish so i can't use it for anyone but Nobe BUT i have added a little bit in with the rescue kitties food (they can have a bit here and there but that's it) Nobe likes it. i think you should get a box for Ant;) if the coupon lets you buy any size at all just get the box and you'll probably be able to get it for nearly nothin!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 pm

I'll give it a try. I mean a $2.00 off coupon will help a lot.

I also meant add I'm thankful that I have fallen over Oreo.
She's always under my feet when I go to feed.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 pm

that poor puss needs a home of her own that she can stay inside and get lots of love!

thankful i have enough fabric softener left to do my comforter.i haven't had it on the bed for a month or more simply because i was always washing too much other stuff. but tonight i've got to get it washed cuz the rest of the bedding got gacked on over the weekend (just watery gack but not something you want to sleep on!)and the sleeping bag i was using over another blanket is now the only covering i have and its kinda chilly. looking forward to making the comforter into a sleeping bag and putting on my fluffy pjs and sleeping tonight without some bits getting cold;) (i know its crazy to be cold in the summer but you know my crazy situation:) ).

and i guess thankful that it wasn't too bad out today...i sat outside for a little while twice today to warm up and read.but it wasn't even hot enough out there to take my long sleeve over shirt off or rull my long pants up! got a little pink in the face, but didn't break a sweat!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm thankful this HUD inspection is over and the weather has also cooled off a bit for the next few days. The past few days the temps have been brutal and humid.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:36 pm

that i got home without getting rained on. i should take my rolling bag one more day but i'll watch the news to see if its supposed to rain or not. i still have some heavy stuff i need to get. i hate to have to dribble this stuff out over so many days but i can only shlep so much each day.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Take a large garbage bag to drape over your wheeled backpack, in case it rains. That's what I do with my bags in the bike baskets to keep them dry, and a rain poncho for me.

I'm thankful it hasn't gotten super hot yet. And the rain was quite brief yesterday.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Since I'm not sure where to put this, I'm just going to stuff it here.
Last night we served various curries in the Lair. While I like a good curry this
person who did this did a terrible job on it. So I went out to get a sandwich.

I went to Whole Foods and asked their deli counter if they would make a custom sandwich.
They always have a good selection of pre made sandwiches but I wanted a Ruben. I told the woman
at the counter what I wanted. She said yes we can, what do you want on it. So I told her, within fifteen minutes
I had my sandwich. Bless their hearts they even whipped some thousand island dressing to put on it. I'm thankful
for that I haven't had a good Ruben in years.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:26 pm

oo real reubans are heaven! they have a wrap version at trader joes which isn't bad...but really if i want a reuban i don't want a wrap (need that good ol rye bread!) that's something trader joes needs....a place that will make a sandwich for ya!

as for a bag over my rolling backpack....its not so much the top getting wet as the bottom soaking through. its not worth ruining a good backpack for the chance of getting it as wet as it can get here. they still haven't brought the turnpike up the level of the drains so there is a good chunk i walk that can get flooded in minutes.
i didn't get a lot of stuff that i am out of or nearly out of (like TP) yesterday cuz the folks upstairs came to give me a ride home. they were on the way when they called (and i wound up getting out of work late because of all the stuff i had to finish up).when i asked if i could stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple things that were going off sale that i was runnig out of i was informed that they would NOT wait in the parking lot for me...when i said to just drop me off and i'd walk i was told they were doing me a favor to just pick me up so i wouldn't have to walk in the storm (huh? how many thurnder storms, torrential rains and blizzards have i walked through ? doesn't make sense but i keep my mouth shut).
so tomorrow i'll be lugging home all the stuff i needed then, the stuff i need to get for Sat and pray that its not too heavy.
so i was thankful for the ride home but have been ripping myself up trying to not use up the last bit of necessary items.

today i'm thankful that it didn't rain hard all day so i could go sit outside for a bit and read.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pm

TGIF

lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Jeane, you would have loved this one. While they didn't use the traditional Russian rye but
a swirl. Still it was excellent.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

What you need is one of those collapsible metal wheeled carts. The wheels are bigger on some models, which keep you well above any flooding on the road, its' aluminum so it won't rust, holds a lot, folds pretty flat, and you can use a very large heavy garbage bag on the bottom and put another over the top to keep stuff dry. I've had at least 40# worth of stuff in mine and it still rolls easily. Best money I ever spent was on that cart.

I'm thankful it hasn't gotten hot outside yet, and the birds didn't wake me up this morning.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm

i had one of those metal carts and it started to fall apart before i even got it home full of stuff...the only thing i have used that didn't fall apart in 6 months of less is this last rolling backpack from Land'sEnd. I keep looking for a larger one...i'll keep accumilating my Kmart points and see how much i could get off one.

thankful for Trader Joe's mirepoix.... i bought a big container and mixed some with tuna and ate it on nan bread for dinner. makes life easier and i'll eat more veg this way:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Okay, wild idea for you Jeane.............would a plant holder on wheels for heavy plants hold your backpack above the flooded areas? I've seen them at Walmart, Shopko, and in ads for KMart. Most are round but big enough. I'm sure you can figure a way to tie it on the bottom of the backpack after it's filled to haul it home.

Just did a search online: Target has a heavy duty wheeled collapsible cart for $39.99. Good sized wheels so it's above water (unless that water is up to your knees). Looks like mine only a different color. Amazon has it too for $33.44..............
I'm thankful I got mine years ago at a rummage sale.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 pm

i've got something that works...i just can't take it when its raining or snowing. nothing really works in the rain or snow around here but my two booted feet!

thankful i'm off tomorrow and its supposed to be nice. want to sit out and read for a while. its been a stressful couple days...esp today...esh..nothing major but there are just sometimes when certain people at work just make its stressful.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Best thing about that lil cart of mine is I can take it in the snow, the wheels are big enough to keep it from getting full of it. Just a lil harder to pull it through the snow if it's deep. Worked well enough for laundry last winter.

Thankful for cold showers!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:17 pm

they wheels would have to be as big as bike wheels for me to be able to get it through the unshovelled walks here. (i can still remember last winter when i was trying to get to the thrift shop and library. i walked up a hill one way and the snow was not quite to my knees but the way i had to go down to go home it was half way up my thighs...i fell forward and sort of make a snow angel, i took a step and fell the other way and just sort of sproinged back like a jack in the box.)
and now i'm not complaining about the winter...complaining about the lack of snow removal;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Hmmmm, if it was me I'd get a pair of bike wheels off the curb and figure out how to mount them onto the axle of the wheeled cart.........my family is good at improvising, learned from my mom.

I'm thankful I can get my groceries before it gets too hot outside. Don't want chunky style milk..........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm

i don't find bikes sitting out on the curb here....i think people donate them to scouts to then refurbish them and give them to foreign countries..i saw eagle scouts putting ads up for them since i've moved here. i wouldn't have the time or tools to mess with it. i make do with what i have and i've learned to do that a lot since i got here.

I'm thankful for one of the ladies who works at Trader Joes. She was talking to the lady who was checking me out today and told her how i'm her favorite person and how when she sees me walk in the door it cheers her up:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 pm

what a nice compliment, Jeane. And I'm sure it cheered you up as well.

TGIF and I'm thankful I've got a three day weekend coming, even though I don't have any plans.
Lots of things that should be done, but nothing I HAVE to do.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm thankful I didn't get eviction proceedings started against me yesterday............my employer messed up the HUD paperwork royally. Made it look like I'm working AND getting unemployment too, which is fraud and grounds for immediate, no 3 day notice, eviction. I hate how my life hangs by a thread, vulnerable to other peoples mistakes.............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next