Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cree found his own little girl

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cree found his own little girl - Page 2 Empty Re: Cree found his own little girl

Post by bpaquet Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm thinking it will be after Thanksgiving. Most people are very busy right now. It's hard to transport/try/etc. I sure hope he lands in a place that spoils him rotten. Such a nice horse.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Cree found his own little girl - Page 2 Empty Re: Cree found his own little girl

Post by bpaquet Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Colonial Williamsburg is coming on Wednesday to see Cree! Smile I will pick him up this weekend to let him settle in here again. Oh! I hope they like him. They take such good care of their animals.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 pm

WHAT?!?!?
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:14 pm

I saw a man in costume riding down Duke of Gloucester Street today. On a whim, I stopped him to ask if CW is interested in Appendix Quarter Horses as donations. He gave me the stable phone number and told me to call because they ARE looking for horses at the moment. So, I pounced on the opportunity. They say he is the right color, breed, and size, and they are interested in seeing him.

I am bringing him to my place because I have a quieter setting (no cows, goats, children), and a better pasture for test rides if they want to do that.

I am so excited. If this works out, I will have an animal friend at one of my favorite places. FINGERS/TOES/EYES CROSSED!!!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:03 pm

What a great opportunity. Everything is crossed, good vibes sent, along with prayers.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 am

Wow! That is great for Cree! I hope he gets the job!

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:51 pm

OMG.....I sure hope they love him! Keeping everything crossed......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:31 pm

bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:54 pm

We're going to pick up Cree this evening. I'm excited. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Everything went smoothly. Cree loaded like a champ. His little mini friend was sad, but she has some goats who are her friends too. Cree called once from the trailer, but then rode very quietly. He and Envoy called to each other when we pulled in the drive way. It sounded like they were saying, "OMG! It's you! I've missed you."

Right now, they are in separate pastures just to make sure everything is safe. Tomorrow, I might put one horse in with him at a time. I don't want any fights over the girl. Smile We'll see how it goes.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Well sounds like so far so good.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:13 pm

He was a bit upset overnight and in the morning. But, he's settling in. He seems to like the hay, which keeps him munching rather than running. He looks really good. I think they'll like him.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:14 pm

I hope so. Sounds like a great gig.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Of course he rolled today and is COVERED in mud from head to toe. Looks like I get to do some brushing before the people come tomorrow.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Try to look at it as a way to build upper body strength.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:21 pm

They liked him!

At 10:30, they came to my house with a HUGE rig and the riders in a little car. it was impressive. The rig had "Colonial Williamsburg" all over it. They looked at the barn and pastures, and commented on the Arabians being silly in the front pasture. Then, they got to meet Cree. They brushed him, picked up his feet, looked in his mouth, etc., etc. He was a gentleman for the whole thing. Then, they popped a saddle on him and used my bridle. They hopped up and down next to him and vaulted on his back. He stood like a champion. They rode walk, trot, and canter on the nice lot next door. They rode him down the road at walk and trot. THEN, they said they really liked him and loaded him in the trailer for a 2 week trial.

When they got to Colonial Williamsburg, they let him rest a bit and took him into the historic area for a test ride. The man who rides REALLY liked him because he was unfazed by the holiday crowds and all the weird things there. He just acted like he was used to it all. He will get 2 days of work and 3 days of rest in a pasture in the historic area. He will be able to observe all the people, the fife and drums, the cannons, etc. from the pasture. It will help him get used to everything.

We had to go pick up Envoy's sheet this afternoon. Cree borrowed it because he was a bit sweaty after his ride, which was the first time he worked in a year. I let them use the sheet so he wouldn't get a chill in the trailer. They had it all folded and waiting for us in their BEAUTIFUL barn. The lady there said everyone loved him and was very impressed.

Everything sounds great so far. Let's hope it continues like that for the next 2 weeks. I plan to go visit him this weekend and again on Tuesday. Smile I'm SO excited for him.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Becky, that is so wonderful.. What a wonderful trooper. Hopefully he will continue you to shine in his new home.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:00 pm

YEAH!
cheers

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:03 pm

I hope he got to do his work today. The weather has been miserable, but the morning wasn't too bad. He was supposed to get shoes today. I hope that was over and he could do a light ride to show off more. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Well... No news is good news. No one has called to say he's coming back, so he must be doing well. Tuesday's Cree hunt is coming. I'm taking Bingo and walking the historic area to find the boy.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Spoke too soon. They called today to ask if they can extend the trial period for an extra week. Cree had a bad abscess in one of his feet. They are working to heal that, and want to continue his trial once he is sound. Keep your fingers crossed that he STAYS SOUND!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:50 pm

UGH!! Fingers crossed.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 pm

A friend happened to be in the historic area today. She talked to one of the riders (who was riding another horse). He said that the farrier thinks Cree probably has a history of abscesses that can be addressed with shoeing and careful trimming. He also said that everyone really likes him. I guess that's why they want to extend the trial period. If they didn't like him, the abscesses would be a reason to bring him back. Fingers still crossed!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 am

Sounds reasonable. Good thoughts that way.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Oh I sure hope they still like him despite the abscesses. Maybe their farrier can find a way to prevent them so he won't have to go through that pain again and again. Since they kept him they must like him enough to see how fast he heals from an abscess.
Keeping my fingers crossed too!!!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next