Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cree found his own little girl

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cree found his own little girl - Page 3 Empty Re: Cree found his own little girl

Post by bpaquet Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 am

Well... It's unfortunate, but he doesn't stay sound while working on hard roads. They love his brain and attitude, but it isn't fair to ask him to work where he won't stay sound. So, he comes back on Thursday. It isn't a big deal. He has two other possibilities. There's a lady who wants to do light riding, and a man who wants a horse for his young grandkids to ride when they visit. Either one is much easier than being a working horse who gets ridden on roads. So, he has a soft place to land.

I am disappointed because it was so COOL to have a horse in the historic area. But, I completely understand their concerns.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Cree found his own little girl - Page 3 Empty Re: Cree found his own little girl

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:04 am

That's too bad but like you said it isn't fair to him. Hopefully the other options will work out.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Interesting I've got disappearing comments. Anyway you're right it isn't. Hopefully the other two options will work out.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Sorry it did not work out....but at least he has those other options.

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:37 pm

Good news and not so good news. Cree is back and he looks FANTASTIC. They pulled his mane and banged his tail (cut it in a nice way to look full and thick). He's clean clean clean. He also got all his shots updated and his Coggins pulled (results will be sent to me).

The unfortunate news is that he keeps developing abscesses near his heel in one foot. He got fancy shoes with frog support to help his sore heel. The farrier thinks there might be a tiny piece of dirt of something stuck in the hoof. They didn't have a vet look because they don't have room for long layup to figure it out/treat.

BUT! The good news... They want him back if I can get him sound. I don't know that abscesses are really that big a deal, and a couple x-rays aren't going to break the bank. So, I am going to try really hard to figure it out and get him going well. I have all the info from them for vet and farrier, so I can coordinate care. Hopefully, he will be going well by spring when it dries out. The biggest challenge I see right now is that the ground is so wet and muddy, abscess treatment will be difficult.

Keep your fingers crossed for Cree! He might still be a famous horse. He was ridden in the historic area. People were petting him, and he loved it. His rider was swinging a saber around, and he stood like a champ. He galloped up and down with crowed watching. He went quietly no matter what the weather. He is a champ. So, we need to get his wheels going right, and he has a terrific home for life. C'mon Cree!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Good news and semi good news. If anybody can sort it out you can.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:51 pm

The girl who went to look at Cree is normally a Tennessee Walker rider. Unsurprisingly, she said that Cree is too bouncy for her. (It amazes me how many people around me ride Walkers and think they can sit a trot.) The lady who has him for the next few weeks said the woman looked like a sack of wet **** bouncing on the poor horse.

So, Cree is going to stay with his little girl for a few more weeks until Envoy goes to boarding school. Then, I'm going to take him to get his foot x-rayed by the vet who looked at him before. We can start to diagnose and treat then. I am hoping to call the Colonial Williamsburg farrier to see if he'll meet me at the vet to learn about what to do.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 pm

I had to laugh at that one. Never cared for pacey gaited horses anyway.

I like your plan a lot better.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Sounds like a good plan to me too. Keeping fingers crossed for Cree's recovery and future home.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:59 pm

I think I'm going to bring him for his exam on the 29th. Not completely sure yet, but I have that day off, so I can get around any potential weekend traffic. Let's hope the weather is good!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Cree is here tonight. The vet comes tomorrow to do x-rays and an exam. I hope the weather improves so we can get some decent movement for the exam. I am very curious to see what might be causing his troubles. AND, I hope it's possible to manage whatever it is. He has such a good job waiting if it is.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Fingers crossed. Prayers said.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:22 pm

I sure hope it's something that can easily be managed. ((((good luck vibes))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:47 pm

He's put together funny. Smile His P3 (coffin bone -- the same bone Sabi had troubles with) points UP just a little. This is a conformation problem that makes him land on his heels when he walks. He also stretches tendons the wrong way just by walking and standing. So, the therapy is wedged shoes. The pony needs to get some heels! Tomorrow, I call the farrier the vet recommended. He has a lot of experience with therapeutic shoeing and reading x-rays. And, I give a glucosamine shot every 4 days for about a month just to relieve any possible pain in his joints. They all x-rayed clean, but he might just be a bit sore because he moves funny. No harm in trying the glucosamine.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. They seem to be working!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:12 am

Sounds promising and you say you have an incredible farrier so all should go well.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:45 pm

I just realized that I made the farrier appointment the same day as hay. THAT must be my brain refusing to acknowledge hay. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Is that like your brain on hay?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 pm

LOL!

Poor Cree got cold today. The morning started out at 60 soggy degrees, so all horses went out naked. The rain came and the wind started, and the temperature just fell. Poor guy was standing at the barn door begging to come in. Now, he's tucked into his stall with hay to stay warm. I need to remember to get his blankets.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Poor guy. While dry it's cold here.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Today, he went out in the only unfolded pasture with the girls. I expected the visiting mare to squeal and kick, but she only showed her feet once. After that, they all paraded to the closest puddle and started to splash. It seems that Cree is fine with girls as long as no other boys are around. It helps to have a grumpy old mare to keep things quiet too.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm

To be sure now, there is nothing like a couple of old broads to keep a man line.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:01 am

Turnout was silly this morning. I put the head mare (Spring) out first. Cree was calling for her. Then, I took Cree and Kina together. Cree was in a big rush and Kina couldn't have cared less. Silly kids.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Very Happy
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Cree must feel pretty good. He went walkabout last night. I woke up to hoof prints all over the back yard. He was standing in the barn aisle eating the new hay when I went to feed this morning. Silly boy. At least he stayed at home.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 am

JEEZ!! That's scary. Glad he stayed home and the new hay meet with his approval.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next