Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+4
Sue Short
bpaquet
fiffur
ARNIgal
8 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 18 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by bpaquet Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey... If mom's up, EVERYONE should be up.

Gateway (to Bello)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 18 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Sue Short Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 pm

I've always felt that if I'm up Meowmy should be up to. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Me too! I'm up with the birds and meowmy misses seeing them at the feeder. I try to wake her up so she can get in on the fun but she just fusses and goes back to sleep.....Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun May 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Life continues to be relatively non-eventful here...I guess that's a good thing now that I think of it. Last week my neighbor, Pat, got an anti-bark collar for her dog, Scooter, on the advice of another neighbor I do not know yet. I suppose she took his advice because he is out in the courtyard nearly every morning training his German Sheperd- in German. When I was napping a couple days ago, Scooter was wearing his collar for the very first time. Let me tell you that the noises that I heard coming from poor little Scooter were some of the worst I've ever heard from any animal- EVER!! affraid Both Beans and Bello were sleeping on me at the time and dug their claws in me when they heard that painful racket. Since then, Bello, Beans and I have taken our early morning trips to the building door and Scooter barks like he always has. One could only hope that Pat has decided not to use that horrid collar! confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

I hope not neither. They are last resort and usually is an indicator that the owner is an idiot.
I think in this case though, owner was given bad advice.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 26, 2013 10:37 pm

I had a friend who had adopted an ex-show dog who had been de-barked. The no bark collar didn't work for him. Apparently, the judges don't like the piteous whimpering they cause any more than they like barking. Mad I hope Scooter is done with the collar too. What are dogs supposed to do if not bark?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 am

Yes I think this was a case where someone who "appears" to have more knowlege gets their advice followed blindly confused My neighbor Pat, is a senior in her early 70's and the dog "trainer" neighbor is a cop that had to retire way too early... I haven't talked to Pat in the last few days. From what I see though, it appears that she is keeping "the collar" off Scooter when he is indoors. Bello and I went to take the kitty yucks to the dumpster and heard plenty of barking from Mr. Scooter Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Perhaps the next time you see Pat, you could introduce her to clicker training. I know several dogs who responded really well to it. And, it involves TREATS in the early stages. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue May 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Well, having never trained a dog at all using any method, I'm a bit loathe to recommend anything. I don't want to bog poor Pat down with more bad advice. pale

Getting back to my kitties...sometimes I wish Envigado was some other color besides black, and last night was one of those nights. Rolling Eyes Last night I got Rolling Eyes up for a bit because I couldn't sleep. When I got back in I didn't see Envigado on the brown pillow case and slammed his nose with my hand by mistake. I felt so bad, but you know what? All's he did was purr me back to sleep really loud and slid his fuzzy paw under my chin. Maybe light colored pillow cases are in order since he likes to sleep up there...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Light colored pillow cases. What a sweet boy.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes, time for contrast! Also a nightlight? I got a nightlight for my bedroom a few years ago so I'd always know where Weezer was.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 am

The contrast would help you to see him better in the dark. I'm glad he forgave so quickly and lulled you back to sleep with purrs and a velvety paw.

Thank heavens that horrible collar is off Scooter. I hope his human loses it somewhere so he never has to wear it: inside or outside. A dog barks for a reason, sometimes known only to the dog. What if a burglar were trying to get in? Or there was a fire and he was trying to sound the alarm? Or a neighbor passed out in the yard? A dog needs to be able to bark! Things your neighbor should consider before making Scooter don that collar again.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Since I've logged in last, I've also spoken with Pat. She seems just as distressed about the collar as I. Also, I've heard plenty of barking from Scooter!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 pm

cheers My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 18 3110174621 cheers
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri May 31, 2013 9:05 pm

The rabbits have invaded the courtyard. Just an hour ago, I saw four of 'em out there. I often see quite a few of them whenever I happen to look out there. Beans wants 'em- DEAD!! Twisted Evil
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Rabbits cool, as for Beans well they may be tougher game
than what he's used to.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Gateway agrees. He zoomed out the door yesterday morning to chase one in the back yard.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:21 pm

And they're so fast.........nearly impossible to catch unless you can manage to ambush them. My sis tried to catch one once. Chased that little bunny around the house and across the yard, little bunny easily escaping and probably laughing at her at the same time.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Beans nailed a neighbor's dog once...I wouldn't put it past her to get the bunny.

Speaking of Beans, she was a good companion while I was planting my balcony herb garden. She even put her foots in the dirt when I was planting stuff for my creatures. Its like she knew what was hers and wanted to help. Smitten The boys came out and visited us separately. Envigado stalked Beans and got a his from her. Bello came out to inspect everything and went back inside the apartment.
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm not surprised what cats will do anymore. I'm really not. This year
I put the catnip in the hanging basket and have watched the Rodent Patrol
check it out.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 am

Gateway is doing that too. He hardly ever sleeps that way, although he will ask for belly pets. Sleeping belly-up is not a normal thing. He says it's HOT.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 pm

This morning Beans and I were outside for morning coffee and Beans sat in the dirt in the catnip/cat grass pot stalking bunnies and squirrels. Now that there is a squirrel on the balcony messing up the lavenders, the cats are asleep in front of the door doing nothing confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Squirrels??? Ours don't dare to come anywhere close to the house. Tell your kitties they don't know what they're missing.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I watched a chipmunk rob my birdfeeder! It was throwing seed out all over on top of the birds, stuffing his cheeks with the sunflower seeds. And it chased my hummie away too. I was NOT happy.....Bij
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 pm

I've heard that chipmunks can be quiet tasty. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next