Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy's 2012 boarding school tales

+2
Sue Short
bpaquet
6 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Envoy's 2012 boarding school tales - Page 11 Empty Re: Envoy's 2012 boarding school tales

Post by Suzzzz Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:39 pm

If you do call, and I think you should, talk to the animal control officer himself, don't just send a message through the cops, even if it means waiting for a call back. Tell him exactly what you told us, not just about what happened, but your feelings about it. Animal Control Officers, in my experience, know the people and neighborhoods better than the cops do when it come to animal issues. You certainly don't want to start anything with your neighbors and their son, but a visit from the AC Officer can often be a way to diffuse the situation and educate the owners while including the implied threat of harsher action by the authorities if the animal is not controlled. His visit should include the owners of the Lab, IMO. If those two are wandering the neighborhood together and invading others' property, something's wrong in both houses.

I'm VERY impressed with Envoy's behavior and your bravery!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Envoy's 2012 boarding school tales - Page 11 Empty Re: Envoy's 2012 boarding school tales

Post by bpaquet Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 pm

It's amazing how many people here let their dogs wander. There are 2 families within walking distance whose dogs are always running up and down the street. Everyone knows the dogs, but it doesn't make it safe for either the dogs or the people in the neighborhood. Our county doesn't have a leash law, so people think it's ok to let their dogs run. (Let's not think about upcoming hunting season and the packs of dogs running everywhere.) I have no idea what people are thinking or IF they are thinking.

Envoy was a good boy again today. We had no adventures, but he just worked happily even though it was warmer than it has been. An unfortunate side effect of the warm, wet weather is MOSQUITOES. Ugh!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Let Animal Control handle those unthoughtful neighbors who let their dogs roam and potentially terrorize the neighborhood. They're supposed to be trained for whatever they'll find at those homes, and put them on notice. You're lucky you and Envoy weren't attacked (big sigh of relief).
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't think I would have confronted a dog I didn't know. I don't like that dog, but I do know it a bit. It wasn't in hunt or attack mode, but it was growling and threatening. I think its biggest problem is that his owner doesn't pay attention to him, and he doesn't know how to act like a pet. But, I will call animal control because I don't want dogs coming on my property and threatening me. There's no telling if they would come and hurt my cats or horses when I wasn't here.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 pm

bpaquet wrote: I will call animal control because I don't want dogs coming on my property and threatening me. There's no telling if they would come and hurt my cats or horses when I wasn't here.

Exactly. That's a legitimate concern, one you can take to the authorities without seeming like some sort of hysterical neighbor.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 am

I second that thought Suzzzz. It would be too easy for that pittie to hurt one of the kitties, even if he didn't mean to. Better he stay at home instead of wandering the neighborhood.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Envoy and I visited the trainer today. It was a glorious fall day. He thought everything was a little scary, but I think he was just feeling good. He took a couple bucks that weren't hard to sit. Then it was right to work. Nice and forward since the air was crisp and beautiful. This is our favorite time of year!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Ha! Sounds like he was just enjoying this gorgeous weather and wanted to express himself! Then he was happy to go to work. I felt kinda the same way today. sunny
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm

He came out of his stall on his toes this morning. He took off like a bat outta and kicked out first thing in the morning. He's feeling really good in this weather. Very Happy
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Who doesn't love nice fall weather?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11