Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+4
Sue Short
bpaquet
fiffur
ARNIgal
8 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 9 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Suzzzz Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm

ARNIgal wrote:I told the person who showed me the apartment that I wanted to move by October 3rd so I wouldn't mess up my ability to vote. Moving later in October or earlier might be a wiser choice, especially since I can easily drive back up to DeWitt to vote.

How did they respond? Have you decided?

How helpful of The Big Bell! tongue Laughing cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 9 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by bpaquet Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:40 pm

I remember having to vote early because I moved about 150 miles away in early October. Smart move to consider voting when planning a move. Smile Do let us know how they respond.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 am

Oh Yes, let us know! I am so glad they'll let you have all 3 of your special lil furbabes. Can't help but feel a little sad for Chrissy though......she picked you to be her meowmy and you'll have to leave her behind. I know she's in a good home and she'll see you from time to time but I know she's going to miss you lots.

How nice of Bello to keep your 'working hand' nice and warm on the mouse, cuts down on those wrist injuries. Smile
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, I haven't even filled out the application yet! It needs references from three family members!! affraid With some of my family members, sometimes asking for a small favor like that is quite a task. I just called my three sisters, one of which volunteered right away for the job. The other two are probably flitting around with their small children doing things on a beautiful Saturday afternoon Smile

Its not just Bello, but all the kitties are helpful! Smile Now that the weather is somewhat cooler, all of them are volunteering once again to keep me warm while I sleep! I love you
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 pm

My guess, especially if time is short, is that references from friends (especially one you've lived with for some time) and perhaps an employer would be sufficient. They're trying to figure out if you are a reasonably sober and responsible person. If I were you, I'd go ahead and gather those refs and not wait around for your 2 unreliable siblings. If they come through, fine, but if they don't, submit what you have.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 pm

I'll second that.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:41 am

Besides... How would anyone know if your references are or are not family members? devilish Go for it!

Last edited by bpaquet on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Well bpaquet, the problem with that approach is that the force that invented Murphy's Law also put a bright obnoxious target squarely on my forehead...I've learned the hard way that my path through life must be a sobery honest one! confused Also, just now my little sis texted me saying she'd be a ref Smile So, two down, one to go!

And since this is supposed to be about cats...

Yesterday as I was getting out of the shower, I heard Beans sounding like she was attacking another kitty, so I ran out into the hall to break up the fight! Turns out she was going after her own tail Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Silly Kitteh Girl Smile
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Haahaa! She must have been speaking with Archimedes. That was his FAVORITE battle.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

She definitely is NOT increasing her chances for a write-in candidacy for President...THAT'S FOR SURE!! confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm

How I wish I could've seen that! I've never seen a kitty chase it's own tail.....now someone else's, that's a different story!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Well, a big congratulations to me and my kitties...we are no longer homeless Smile cheers The apartment manager just called a few hours ago with the news and I go in to sign a lease tomorrow!! cheers
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:23 pm

cheers My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 9 3480764837 (and a toast)
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Good for you! cheers

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

flower cheers cat cheers cat cheers flower
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

While I'm excited at the prospect of having my own home, I just hope that Bello takes it o.k.! He's been at Patty's for two plus years and he's become really comfy here! confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Transitions are exciting but, of course, also stressful. Can Bello stay at Patty's while you get things settled in the new place? How old is he anyway?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:19 pm

HOORAY on the new home! cheers cheers cheers

I hope everyone transitions well enough. Moving is stressful on anyone, and kitties don't like routines upset. Still, I think Bello missed you enough that even moving from Patty's he'll be happy to be with you fulltime again.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Mr. Bello, along with his brother Envigado, is fourteen years old!! cheers I feel very proud that I've kept something alive that long Wink Of course he can stay at Patty's while I transition between homes. What I plan to do is move my things over the course of three days and then take the next three days of work and stay at home with the kitties...that is, if I haven't gotten too excited about having my own home again. When I first made the happy announcement, I thought that because my application had been approved, that I'd be going in to sign a lease that day. Instead what happened was I had to fill out some more paperwork so that employment and asset verifications could take place. Don't worry, I don't feel led astray by any entity, I just became elated to early bounce confused and forgot to stay in the moment like I told myself I would always do! Razz
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Lord, yes, there's always more red tape! I'm sure it will all be fine.

Taking a few days off to settle in with the kitties is such an excellent idea. Your forays into the neighborhood during that time will not only let you get your bearings there, but get the kits used to you coming and going from the new place so they won't mind being left when you go back to work. The rest of the time y'all can snuggle in and find your bliss in your new home. I love you I'm so happy for you, darling!

16 year old Weezer gives a shout out to all our "mature" kitties! cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Can't blame you for being excited over getting a place of you own again. Now that the extra paperwork is done, is the place still yours?
I agree with suzzzz, a few days to settle yourself and kits in the new place is a great idea.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:06 pm

The place probably is mine still, but I haven't turned the key and walked in the door yet! :/

Beans, my other oldster, found a kitty stair racing partner. Before I got on the 'net, I'd been going up and down the stairs getting stuff done, and an ARNI cat named Elsie decided she would join me and Beans with our ups and downs. After I was done, Beans and Elsie continued! Smitten
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Kitty races! ROTFL I can hear the Kentucky Derby-esque announcer's voice now! *nasal* "And it's Beans on the outside with Elsie moving up close... and Elsie has taken the lead! Wait a minute, she's distracted by a bit of fluff, and Beans is now two treads from the top! What's this? What's this? Beans has done a full stop for a tail lick! A tail lick, ladies and gentlemen! And Elsie makes her move! She streaks past Beans in full-on wild-eyed kitty mode, over the top of the stairs and into the bedroom! What a race, ladies and gentlemen, what a race!"

lol!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next