Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 20 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by bpaquet Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

We call it "the laying on of paws" around my house. The kitties definitely have healing power in their purrs and pats! Glad you're on the upswing, Arni. Nothing more miserable than a stomach issue.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 20 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by fiffur Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, I'm glad you're on the mend too Arni. The 'laying on of paws' and 'administering purrs' helps a lot. Bijoux will sometimes lightly pat my mom's cheek when she isn't feeling well, in addition to the cuddles and purrs. Works wonders!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Yes I'm better from that alcohol issue (will never drink Joose again, that's for sure!!). Beans was the one that was right next to me at the potty Smile

Last night was a completely different issue. Last night was a bad night for traffic and, uh, people issues, lets say...Razz Now it seems that people like to drag race with motorcycles right down Court Street. I happen to live on a stretch of it with about 3/4 of a mile between lights, so as you can imagine I have a really rough time sleeping the whole night through. Last night I was woken up by this 3 times after 10 PM grrrrr...!! Evil or Very Mad Poor Beans, she didn't even know what to think. All the little sweetie wants to do is sleep between my feet until the alarm (or Envigado ;-) ) goes off at 5AM!! So the 4th time I got woken up by a group of people chanting, Beans was at my feet mewing me back to bed, so I went back. As the idiots passed right outside my window, I just lost it, and started a-swearing like a sailor!! By this time, Envigado was up and wondering why I was so early! I "slept in" til 6:30 but I think I only got 3 hours of sleep...ughhhh!!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

1st question...what is JOOSE???(booze,i know...is it a special type or a special drink?)want to know what to stay away from:)

as for the people outside...geez.....if they keep it up i'd say get a super soaker and keep it filled. then if they pass by the window blast 'em! the only thing you can legally do for the dragsters is call the cops. otherwise i'd suggest a line of very heavy barbed wire strung across the street.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed May 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Joose is a malt liquor. You might remember it from the Snoop Dogg song that goes, "Rolling down the street, smoking indo, sippin' on gin and joose, with my mind on my on my money and my money on my mind..." That song comes in my mind every time I look at my budget. So I was at the hood store on the corner the other day getting kleenex or something and saw the Joose and was intrigued that it was real stuff...! Shocked

As for the people outside, they are kind of close to my bedroom window since the house I live in is only set back about 40' from Court Street, which by the way is a four lane road that goes from one side of Flint to the other. Luckily the weather cooled down significantly so that I didn't have to call the cops...got PLENTY of sleep last night.

Envigado certainly has been bossy today. When he is that way, he has a meow that sounds like "m-GAK!!" So far he has insisted upon two games of jump-n-slap, several sessions of pet-while-eating...and you guessed it, a nap at the end of it all. It was prescious to hear him m-GAKing from the bedroom only to go in there to see him standing at the pillow looking directly at him Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Arni, are the local cops aware of the fact your street has become a late-night drag strip? Not only are they breaking the noise ordinance (which is bad enough) but what if they lose control while racing and end up IN your house? I'd be calling the police station the first time you get woke up. If they're any good, they'll keep a close eye the rest of the night and catch a few of those racers.

I know ear plugs aren't a solution to your needing peace for sleep, but they might help until the cops can thin the racer herd out there.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat May 28, 2011 5:04 pm

They're aware...! Drag racing, with cars anyway, has killed someone in another part of town. On Tuesday night, this last week, I actually heard a a cop talking on his radio describing the bikes to another cop further down the road...so they're working at it Exclamation I may fret about the awful weather, but after Tuesday night, it has cooled down quite a bit and has been rainy too, so no motorcycle drag racing Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 pm

yep one good thing about rain...it keeps people off their motorcycles unless that's the only means they have to get around (and those folks aren't the ones who will drag)Smile
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun May 29, 2011 9:16 am

Plus, I like to be judicious (sp) when I call the cops. It seems that if I called them every time there was a noise that keeps me and the cats awake in Flint, then I wouldn't be taken seriously when a real emergency happens...and they do happen. Even when I had to call 911 to check out what I thought was a home invasion next door, it took the cops an hour and half to come check it out affraid !!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun May 29, 2011 6:30 pm

its the boy who cried wolf theory. but them taking so long...well, from what i've read recently about Flint...sounds like the cops there must be on the run all the time. i knew unemployment was up and income was low, but didn't realize crime was so bad. my home state has really taken a beating since i left it and it makes me feel bad. wish i was Donald Trump..or rather, had his money and influence. i'd be up there working to rebuild places like flint and detroit. (but, alas, i'm probably the least political person around).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am

I know what you mean...and I, also, am not very political :-/

Last year, Flint had a record amount of homicides. This year, as we come up to June, Flint has already cleared the half way mark in that record affraid The month I moved back here last year, there were 600+ arsons and there has been a considerable amount since then...so yeah, the cops are busy and do a heroic job with the resources they have... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven !!

On Friday, I went to Lansing to visit friends...and of course Bello I love you Talk about a change in environments, but I digress ;-) Bummy, as I call him is doing so well and I sure do miss him. Clearly he has bonded to my friend that is taking care of him for me, but he still knows who I am cheers In fact, he tried to get me to lay down on the couch with him. My friend says that when he does cuddle, he MUST have all his paws on her!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue May 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Well, I know know what temperature the kitty thermometer comes on at my house Like a Star @ heaven The last temp I saw on the news before I turned it off this a.m. was 74 degrees. I went to go wash dishes and Beans got up on the nearby window sill. But it wasn't to see squirrel t.v.. She stretched out along the whole available part of it so she could feel the breeze on her whole body. After I was done, Envigado got down from the top of the fridge and went straight under the couch. Beans then hopped on the bed and started out slightly balled up. As the morning progressed to noon, she gradually switched to being stretched out all across the bed! Envigado only then came out from under the couch to "rescue me" from the water as I washed lunch dishes. First, he wanted me to "help" him eat, then we had to play a game of Jump-n-slap. He jumped higher for those mousies than I would have expected for a black cat of his size. Now a pretty stiff breeze has picked up and E is stretched out on my dining table and B is "taking a bath" in her half pipe. Hope all of you are enjoying the weather!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Hooeeeeeee, I had a scare this morning. After breakfast this morning...I COULD NOT FIND BEANS!! What a Face I looked EVERYWHERE in my bitty little home. Then I SEARCHED EVERYWHERE she could have been on my block. BEANS WAS NOWHERE!! affraid I was starting to contemplate lost ads and everything!! Well, as I walk back in the house...there she comes, a-walking towards me with a concerned meow! Perhaps she was just as worried about me Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Sure sounds like it, she was probably looking for you as you were looking for her, and both just missing seeing the other.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm laughing 'cuz that doesn't seem possible in this place where I live, but I s'pose it is Smile

Yesterday my neighbor Margaret was over...with her dog Midnight. Me and the cats were sitting on the stoop for morning coffee when they came walking by. What was surprising this time was that Envigado didn't go running inside this time. I'm so proud of him I love you Like a Star @ heaven Last time she was over, well with her dog anyway, her and Midnight waited inside while I finished up breakfast before our walk. Well, Midnight was sooooooo happy/excited about seeing Beans that Margaret said his digestive system was acting wacky for the rest of the day. Poor little feller!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Awwwww. Midnight obviously missed Beans a LOT.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 pm

That time he just didn't know what to think of that kitty. He's a smallish Poodle mix and those smaller dogs are kinda hyper sometimes Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Yesterday Beans and Roxie, the neighbor cat in the back apartment, met for the first time. My neighbor keeps walks her on a leash and Beans met her while I was getting the mail. Beans let out her "alert" meow and Roxie poofed her tail and hissed. Ah well, I had high hopes but it looks like this might take awhile confused
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I have no doubt those two will work out their differences. A lil poof and hiss isn't too bad of a start. At least you didn't get growling, lunging, or snapping at each other.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

This interaction surprised me since they sniff at each other from under the common room door. I let both Beans and Envigado go in there while I'm washing dishes since they like to explore so much. Sometimes I'll see Roxie's shadow under the door to my neighbors apartment and Beans will head right over there and sniff and I don't hear any hissing then... Suspect
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:55 am

So do any of your kitties get super happy and "blissed out", so to speak when they are giving themselves a bath? Well Beans, who has always been a compulsive groomer, sure does. She will sit in her half-pipe lounger to get at her back and when she is licking it, her eyes will roll into the back of her head and her third eyelids will mostly close...its soooo weird! affraid
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Maybe it was the actual sight of Roxie that made Beans hiss at her, I'm sure when they sort out what is in who's territory the hissing will stop.

When Bij takes a bath he's all business. We get the relaxed third eyelid thing going with body massages, backscratches, and being rocked like a baby.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Good to know she's not the only one then Smile Like a Star @ heaven cheers

Today the weather here in Flint has cooled off quite a bit. I'm not fond of what we have, but it is better for the kitties and that is what is important Smile I love you I was getting a tad worried about Beans but she appears to be back to normal Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:56 am

Same with Bijoux with the cooler weather. He's more interested in playing now.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Well, Beans & Envigado may be taking an unwelcome break from the outside while I watch for fleas on their bods. I have noticed Beans grooming a bit more compulsively than usual & have felt a few scabbies. If it all doesn't clear up in a week, I'll hike on over to the vet's for a box of Revolution. Yes, it does work really well, but unfortunately it makes Envigado drool to the point where I worry that it may be harming him...this time of year is not at all fun for the kitties :/
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next