Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:11 pm

That would have been fun to watch. I love to watch cats stalk
and chase things.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 pm

i think i need to start an extermination thread.....lots of kitties like to exterminate in here:) Toothpicky got something last night l..don't know what it was but he was not far away, by the laundryroom door and kept stalking something and finally got it. nom nom nom down it went:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Well whatever it was I wish him Bon Appitit.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Good Picky! (shudder) Laughing
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 am

Good Toothpicky! I hope it wasn't something too icky............maybe it was a beetle snack?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:34 pm

...or maybe it was one of those long slinky bugs that have those thousands of fluttery legs. My Bello LOVED to eat those. Now I suppose he's eating them for my friend in Lansing... Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm

EEW! Laughing It must be a kitty thing. Bugs freak me out and seeing kitties EAT bugs freaks me out more. I am wimpy.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 pm

cats and dogs both...and even skunks. i had a skunk who loved to eat crickets and a dog who loved flies! toothpicky has been a exterminator for years (there's even a mini comic about it;) ).

we get millapedes or whatever they're called here. i don't think it was one of those cuz i didn't see it (and i'd be able to see that)....there are a lot of little bugs we get down here in the basement though....i'm just hoping its one of those nasty bitey spiders!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 am

My sister's lil kitty Annabelle was chasing down flies in the house yesterday.........so fun to watch her jump and try to catch them. Not easy to do with no front claws (she came to us that way). Looked like she was having a blast hunting them down.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 pm

In my first apartment in Flint, the ceiling was leaking a lot and so there were a lot of those "leggy" bugs. I woke one morning to hear Bello a-howling on top of the bookshelf. He was eyeing one of "those" bugs and I told him I'd get it after making the coffee. When I came back in the living room, I found him sitting on the top shelf with half the bug hanging out...YICK confused !!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:25 pm

i wonder if those might be what somebody told me were basement crickets. they don't look like crickets to me but they're sort of long and have legs that are long and thin almost like a grandaddy long legs. I've got them here one or two a year (sometimes more but usually not a lot)and they're funky but not as scary as an ugly spider.
and who knows...maybe they taste like tuna!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am

I doubt they taste like that but I do know bugs are usually about 99% fatfree.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Bugs ARE supposed to be high in protein. Those leggy bugs have always been plentiful in basements...maybe because they tend to be the most humid parts of the house...idunno... Maybe that's why they were so plentiful in that first apartment in Flint.

Jay Jay has figured out how to tell me he wants to be put on the kitchen counter to look out the window. First it involves his "Count Dracula" , "MRAWWWMRAWWWMRAWWW..." then a look that says "hey human, I wanna go there!" KITTIES...sheesh!!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:44 pm

I know what you're talking about. We call them waterbugs here. Legs that look kind of like short eyelashes along each side. Our kitties think they're tasty too. But, crickets are a favorite meal. But... Like their mom, they refuse to touch spiders! Smart kitties.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 am

Bijoux refuses to eat any bug of any kind. But he is not above biting one in half and leaving it on the floor for us to dispose of. Our poodle was the same way with flies, he'd catch them and bite them in half. No more fly bugging him!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Gateway was eating an unidentified but today. I saw him pounce it out of the air and then MUNCH. (Ugh Suspect )
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 pm

oh the bugs caught on the wing have got extra spice....they have the taste of the air on them!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 am

That must be it, the harder to catch them the tastier they must be!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:27 pm

No pet with me now eats bugs, they just get swatted Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 pm

i wish Toothpicky would go after the spiders here....there are a TON of tiny little bitty ones that either hang aroud the sinks (laundry and bathroom) or just come straight down from the ceiling. at least once in the past couple weeks i've gone upstairs to take my shower and look in the mirror cuz there's a speck floating in front of my eyes (like a piece of dust or something)and it turned out to be a tiny spider hanging from a webthread hanging from my bangs.....nothint scarey, but it is a bit too much like something from an urban legend...and NO it was NOT in there more then a minute nor so!i do wash my hair) affraid pale
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 am

Sounds like your basement is a spider hatchery.

Bijoux was having a great time chasing down a fly last night, somehow it got into the apartment from the hallway (probably under the door). So funny to see him swat at it, leap into midair, race around, look for it when he lost track, find it and go to pounce on it again. Somehow that fly always got away. I wonder if he managed to catch it overnight................or if the fly sneaked back out the way it came in.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Spiders are allowed to live in my apartment. They eat all the other bugs that pass my watchful eye. It would be quite another thing I suppose if my apartment was crawling with them... What a Face !!

Annie, who has the apartment in the back of the building has decided she likes cats now that Jay Jay checks up on her. Funny thing is, when Annie was afraid of them she thought that Jay Jay was a big gigantic menace. Now she thinks he is tiny and cute. Annie even asked if he had lost weight Very Happy
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm

i doin't know about hatchery but it IS a basement and there's no windows down here in the back so its pretty dark.
when i had a regular apt if granddaddy long legs came around they were left alone...i don't mind them and they don't bite. but any other spider goes squished.
Here there are so many different spidersi that get in here and i don't know just which ones i could have an allergic reaction to ...well, the tiny tiny ones (bodies smaller than a a sesame seed)IF they were by the sinks they can stay as long as they stay away from my tooth brush etc. anything else is on the squish and flush list...sorry spidiesi but you can make me very sick if you bite!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:49 am

The fly must've sneaked out when we weren't looking since mom reported that Bijoux didn't hunt for it anymore and it hasn't been seen or heard since.

Arni, glad to hear Annie has changed her mind about kitties. JayJay obviously got her to change her mind since he was so concerned for her. So glad he made a new friend, who knows where that will lead? Maybe Annie adopting a homeless furbaby?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:16 pm

That could happen if she goes to live with a family member, perhaps. Annie's diabetes is pretty advanced and the apartment isn't air conditioned. She can't handle the summer heat too much herself. In fact, she's been gone now for about a week... Sad

Both Envigado and Jay Jay have been providing incentive for me to take care of my teeth. After I'm done brushing and I'm midway through flossing, I get purring in stereo. Jay Jay can't wait to floss his face folds and Envigado can't wait for swat-at-it time Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next