Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 21 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:39 pm

have you told the vet about the drooling? i wonder what does it....it could be a new after effect the vets don't know about!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 21 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm

That is a possibility Jeane. I'd mention it to the vet, just in case it is too harsh for E to use Arni. There is other stuff out there that works but might not do that to E. Imagine how it feels to him, drooling like a dog when you don't want to........it's positively undignified.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:55 pm

I'll certainly discuss it with the vet or other veterinary personnel when and if I make the purchase. He hasn't always drooled and maybe last year when I had to use Revolution, the drooling maybe didn't have any connection to Revolution. At the time, E had dental issues which have since cleared up and gone away. Anyway, I've been keeping up on the vaccuming and Beans is scratching and biting less so I may not have to put that harsh chemical on the kitties cheers
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:31 pm

YAY cheers Beans has returned completely back to normal and is bringing me toys again Smile I love you Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 pm

and are they able to go outside a bit again? (I know it must have cooled a bit in MI cuz its gotten cooler here;) )
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:35 pm

They will be allowed outside again next week...after all, their fan club awaits Very Happy I just want to make sure there are no flea related issues. I almost want to say Beans' scratching issues were heat related but have never heard of such a thing. It could be that the HOT weather made her a bit nutty Suspect
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm

could have been heat related. if people can get a heat rash maybe cats and dogs can to.Toothpick had little tiny pin prick size bumps on his belly/chest for a few days but when it got cooler they've almost gone away. just watch and see if it happens when it gets hot again.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:23 pm

A heat rash, my mom gets them a lot in the summer when it's really hot out. My dog used to also get that. Why not other furkids too?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Well, if I had to guess, the temperature here in Flint is in the high 60's. Beans just got up from a nap in her condo & is giving herself a bath, sans scratching. Envigado is sitting on the table looking outside...no scratching either. So I guess I have to conclude that they had some sort of heat related issue last week...so thrilled its not fleas cheers

Gotta go! Roxie is mewing from the window in the back apartment & needs some attention. Her owner, Rosemary is gone all day! Bye-ya Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:42 pm

oh poor roxie to be on her own all day...but at least she has friends to look in on her,eh?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey, I'd like to be gone during the day too... but work is ever so hard to come by 'round here... pale Enough whinin' & anxiety...!

Roxie's an odd one lol! She loooooooves when I check on her at her window during the day. Then when Rosemary brings her by during the day, she sees me at my window and hisses...weird! Rosemary was also planning on getting another cat to keep Roxie company during the day, but when she sees my cats outside Roxie backs up from them while hissing and making her tail all poofy & such!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:07 pm

i wonder if she senses the difference between people on the other side of glass and people (and critters) breathing the same air as her?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 am

Maybe it's the location of the window that's making the difference. She hisses when she sees you at YOUR window but not when she sees you at HERS.............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 pm

When we're outside together (me, Rosemary & Roxie- sans my cats Wink ), Roxie will come to me for "between the ears" scritches and will then show off by rolling around on the grass or concrete. She STILL hisses when she sees me thru my window and will also hiss at my cats! This is somewhat upsetting since it will be another coupla weeks until Rosemary can get another kitty No

In other news...I found out over the past week that someone from Beans' Fan Club at the church was a neighbor of mine from the first time that I lived in Flint 10+. When this former neighbor comes over to visit, Envigado no longer hides Smile cheers YAY Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 pm

oh that's great! its always cool to hook up with old friends after so many years apart. and i'm sure its good for all of you to have someone to come over and visit:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 pm

It's great that you ran into an old friend like that. If E's old enough, I'm sure he remembers this person too, if only dimly.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:12 pm

The last time Kathy saw Envigado he was 11 mos. old I think and he'll be 13 years old in three days. Now, if Kathy could get me a job, I would be her best friend, LOLz!! Like a Star @ heaven Wink

BTW, I talked to my friend who is taking care of E's brother Bello back in Lansing and he came back from his vet visit with a clear bill of health cheers
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Here is a picture of Beans enjoying Squirrel TV out of her favorite window Smile

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 21 Bs10

...and yes, fiffur, it is on its way Wink
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Great picture and I loved the stained glass.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 pm

and such a good kitty not to knock the stained glass pieces off! if they were here they'd be nothing but broken glass with the rescue kitties!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

Glad to hear Bello got a clean bill of health! Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm

In general, the kitties have always been careful not to break any of my stained glass pieces. Now, there have been accidents, both on my part and that of the kitties. One reason, I suppose I'm not more prolific in that arena is that stuff does get broken. One larger piece that took 6 mos. to make broke. I would love more space so I could separate my glass so it wouldn't get broken...! pale

In other news...I'm watching Roxi (that's how her name is officially spelled Wink ) until Monday. For a little bit earlier today, I left the common room door open for, you know, a play date. So far its not working, so I may keep it shut, I don't want to torture the poor kitty after all Smile Envigado tried, but when he got close Roxi hissed so he ran back to our apartment. Beans liked sniffing the "new apartment" and didn't seem to know or care that another cat was there Smile Ah well...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Oh well, it was worth a try. If you try this often enough maybe Roxi will let Envigado actually play with her? She's still trying to make herself top cat and E just runs to hide. I take it he's a big lover, not a fighter.....
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 pm

That's kind of it. When another kitty appears to not like him, I think he's afraid of the confusion that stirs within him. They are starting to warm up to each other. I've been leaving the doors from our apartments open so that the cats can go back and forth. Of course my cats go wherever I am. Just today, Roxi has ventured over to my apartment...and no one has hissed at anyone today, so maybe there is hope for Rosemary can get another kitteh in the near future Smile

A coupla days ago, I broke down and got the kitties some Revolution and have had a relatively small issue come up. This morning as I brushed my teeth, I looked down to notice Beans had a bald spot where I put the stuff. So I was thinking it was some kind of chemical burn, but now as I look over at her, I can see that silly little contortionist liking that very same spot! pale affraid
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 pm

other than the bald spot is everything okay? (no gacking etc?) here's hoping that spot was just a little irritated and she'll stop licking and the fur will come back. .....did you put it only on one spot or did you do three?( i saw on Pet Stop about doing it both ways....there's some new version (different brand) that you do a stripe up the middle of the dog or cat's back....the vet demonstrated on his own little Jack Russell:) ).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next