Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+7
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
bpaquet
BobCat
Sue Short
fiffur
ARNIgal
11 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 4 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Wow Fif, I just looked at the post above my last one and it says you've made 828 posts...and just joined a day before me. Wow...just wow Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 4 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm

well he's not quite as long as mooch was in the strip but he does stretch out. since his belly is just about bare he probably likes to get the breeze on it to cool off the rest of him!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am

I just hope the weather is cool for the weekend while I'm down in Ohio...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

Considering what the weatherman predicted for us I wouldn't count on it Arni. We'll be heating up again by Friday and Saturday here in Illinois.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

Any solutions out there for keeping critters cool...maybe for like a day or so?
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

do you mean while you're gone or just in the apt?
i can think of freezing big blocks of ice and putting the containers (like milk jugs or large water bottles)in front of fans. There's also those cooling mats (if i could get the right material i'd sew some up for ya..i have the little bead things you put in them)but after the water evaporates they're not cool any more.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Do you have someone coming in to feed/water/check on your furbabes? If so, they can add icecubes to the water bowl to keep their water cool. Fans running in several directions to make a nice crossbreeze helps, bare ceramic tile to lay on, keep the curtains closed to keep the hot sun out (I'm using silvery car shades to reflect the sun out--makes it 15° cooler in the room just doing that).

Shame there isn't such a thing as a cooling pad you plug in like a heating pad.......we really need somebody to invent one of those.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm

J, its just gonna be while I'm gone. I've left them alone this long before...but for some reason I can't figure, I'm more worried this time...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

well, was it this time of year when you've left them before? cuz that might do it...or maybe its just cuz of the different place you're in now?

where in Ohio are you going for the weekend?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

Could it be the extra hot and humid summer we've been having that's got you worried this year more than in the past?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Now I know why I'm a little more cautious about leaving them thru...just had to think about it a little. The last time I lived in a place that didn't have air conditioning, I didn't have Jay Jay yet...and he has all that fur!! affraid

The place I'm going to in Ohio is between Cleveland and Pennsylvania, pretty close to Lake Erie. Its my childhood home Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:55 pm

hmm....lake erie....never been to cleveland but i grew up not far from Lake Erie and have cousins who live a little closer;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Not to mention JayJay's shorter nose that makes it harder to breathe. I imagine all this humidity has been hard on him this summer. Do you have anyone who can come in to check on him a few times a day, to make sure he's okay?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 4 Empty Well...The Kitties Survived!

Post by ARNIgal Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Thankfully the weather was cloudy in Michigan for the weekend. I think that helped Envigado and Jay Jay a lot. E was a bit cautios when I came in the door when I returned, but was then immediately full of things to say. After I quickly taking a look at an important piece of mail (actually I wasn't quite finished), Jay Jay rushed and snuggled right under my chin. Then he started bossing me around with his "Human, shake my food dish", "O.K., now turn on the bathroom sink", etc., etc.!!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:55 pm

You haven't realized that KITTY needs are far more important than ANYTHING you think you need to do? Laughing Silly ARNI.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:12 pm

ah....Human shake the food dish...sounds like a song to me! (shake the food dish shake the food dish yeah yeah)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 am

Oh...and I almost forgot that Jay Jay would like me to pet him while he eats too. He'll sit next to the food dished and just wait til he catches my gaze...of course I'll then pet him then he's all "nomma nomma num num" with his food.

Envigado is still watching me like a hawk... Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Awwwwwww..............each in his own way is letting you know they MISSED YOU! What a homecoming!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

petting and eating at the same time? must be like getting a massage while eating bon bons...the kitty version:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 am

I do that for Bijoux sometimes, and I get rewarded with purrs. Smile
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

He was "looking" at me again before I left for the library while sitting in front of his dish. I told Jay Jay he could eat by himself...and what do you know, he did Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 pm

sometimes they will eat when you've turned your back...salem has been driving me nuts about that. i put food in his bowl in the middle of the night and he will sit there meowing at me like i didn't give him the right stuff. i tell him he's got to eat that and go off to the bathroom. when i come out he's got his face in the plate eating away:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:30 am

Guess he's finally figured out beggers can be choosy about their meals. Bijoux much prefers eating when we do, but will eat by himself if he has to. And he acts like he's so put out by that. Talk about trying to lay on the guilt trip...............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Sometimes I have to shake the food dish for Jay Jay out of necessity (or turn it around). If there isn't any food at the back of the dish, his flat face can't get to it Sad
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 pm

that's just not a flat face kitty thing...i have to do thaT for nobe...if the food isn't in the right position in her bowl she can't eat it either.
have you tried feeding him in a very low bowl or saucer? (the rescue kitties perfer saucers...i've been finding them at the thrift shop for under 25cents so if one breaks i don't feel too bad;) ).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next