Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

+4
Sue Short
fiffur
Suzzzz
bpaquet
8 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 7 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Could be, they can be just as intuitive as our other furkids when it comes to their peoples' moods and illnesses. As for the hair.....are the birds starting to build nests yet? Or will you have to save it for a while and then put it out for that purpose?
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 7 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by Sue Short Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Isn't funny how they know.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 pm

There is white fur on the wing all over the farm. Some crows were fighting over one pile, while the wrens and sparrows are taking tons of it. I think there will be lots of soft warm nests around. Casper still has TONS of hair to shed, and Envoy is just beginning to shed his.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 pm

The boys are mad at me. I felt bad today, so I blew them off. They have messy houses and no visits. Evil or Very Mad I feel bad about it. Poor ponies!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Feel better girlfriend. If you bring enough carrots with the tops on them
I know they will forgive you.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

They were pretty happy to see me today. Of course, the trainer took great care of them and even cleaned their houses, but they were still pretty happy to see mom (and the carrots!). I'm still not feeling up to riding. Congestion makes me dizzy. But, I made sure they were blanketed and have their neck covers. It's raining and 35 degrees now. Who knows if we'll have a wintery mix or if it will just be miserable, cold rain. C'mon, spring!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Carrots are always good as forgive-me bribes. Wink
It might be snow from what I've heard from the tv weatherman this morning. We got 12" here yesterday.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 pm

We're back to routine. Clean the stalls/paddocks, feed the ponies, ride. It feels good to be back to normal. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I bet it does!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Envoy was a very good boy for riding today. He was calm and forward. He's growing up so well! Casper is ready to come home. He is kind of tired of being in a paddock instead of a big pasture. Two weeks until he gets to meet his new sister and go out with her.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Casper is probably also missing home for more reasons than the pasture.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 pm

He really loves my husband, and so probably misses him. He also gets more time out in the pasture here. He loves his paddock because he can be inside/outside as he likes. But, he doesn't get much running around space that way. I plan to fuss over him tomorrow and give him a good brushing/cleaning. He's still shedding like crazy. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Does your husband ride?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Nope, he's the barn help. Laughing He loves the horses, but has no interest at all in riding them.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm

What a shame......he's missing out.
I bet Casper calls to your husband very loudly the first time he sees him.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 pm

He (husband) has been to the trainer's to visit. Casper fawns over him. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Awwwww.....he really loves his daddy huh? Smitten
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

He really does. Today, he was napping in a sun puddle when I got to the barn. he was a little warm because he still had his sheet on, so he lay down in the mud, and just snoozed in the nice sun. Fortunately, the sheet kept the mud off. He's still almost clean!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Almost counts. I'm mean mud or no mud you can't pass on a sun puddle.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Casper will be playing with my friend's (vet's) youngster while Falkina and Envoy are at the trainer's. Since the vet's horse is young and kind of skinny, it will work well for him to have a calmer pasture buddy. Envoy would probably run him around too much. Casper is a kind soul who is happy to share his pasture as long as he gets his grass. Smile Everyone in the family will be together by the end of May. (Phew! The drive is getting long.)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I understand, I've made more than a few treks to ride
myself.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I bet Casper not only has fun with the youngster but also teaches him a few things too. Casper really is a kind soul, quite laidback. Woulnd't mind seeing a few pics when they get together.......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:50 am

I think he will. I hope he gets to be the herd leader so his confidence grows a bit. He is a little timid in a herd. That's fine with Envoy since he doesn't really do anything besides lay his ears back and make ugly faces. But, if Casper could stand his ground a little, Envoy would stop stealing his hay pile. (There are enough piles for everything, but I hate seeing anyone bullied out of their dinner.)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Well no one got to do much today. I just went to the barn, cleaned, fed, and bolted for home. Our predicted rain was sleet that turned to icy snow. The roads got bad quickly. Everyone is tucked in with their blankets and neck covers. I hope tomorrow is better, but it doesn't look like it will be.

Good thing I have my new car. I got to test the antilock brakes on the way home, and the stability control really helped. Ugh! Where is spring?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Even though it was snow/raining today, the boys had a bout of spring fever. I let them out in the pasture while I cleaned their MESSY stalls. They were calm and fine. I called them in for dinner and pony fun broke loose. They ran around. They played hide and seek. Finally, Casper let me lead him in to his stall. I fed him dinner. Suddenly, Envoy realized that it was supper time. He came RUNNING into his house. Laughing

No damage done to anyone. Just silliness all around.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next