Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

+4
Sue Short
fiffur
Suzzzz
bpaquet
8 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 2 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by bpaquet Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm

There IS an indoor arena. It's one of the reasons we love going there in the winter. All of us can get exercise and we aren't completely covered in filth. Smile

The kitties are actually pretty good about sleeping in, but they DO want their breakfast on time. Fortunately, the horses have taught me that I can feed everyone without really waking up. I can just crawl back in and sleep some more.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 2 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by Sue Short Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Very Happy I've been there and done that, in fact I'm still doing it.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm

We'll see how the kitties do tomorrow. Their cousin doggies are here for the holidays. The doggies like and live with kitties, so it should be fine, but the kitties haven't been with doggies much. The horses are completely over the cousin doggies. The chi mix came into the pasture, and Envoy gave him a warning stomp, and the doggie left the pasture. I think my horses have no patience for doggies since the one that chased them.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Glad to see the canines respect their equine cousins. If they do as well with the felines, all should be well. Smile
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Hmm... Complications... The vet has a big yearling who needs some ground training and time away from the other babies. Envoy and Casper would be good companions because they aren't too small, and they are old enough to tell him to behave himself. The vet wants him to come early next month, but I think I might ask if he can come at the end of February. That will give Casper a couple of months at school, and then he can come home to work with the big baby. I haven't coordinated with the vet, but I really am looking forward to taking Casper for some steady work.

Singing in the Rain Today is STORMY. We have big thunder and lightening, and lots and lots of rain. The horses are happily tucked into their stalls with hay and sheets. I'll blanket tonight since it's supposed to be cold and windy. The kitties are upset. Petie was meowing. The poor cousin old dog is just beside herself.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Well you've got to admit it will be entertaining. We had thunder and lightening
early Christmas morning, then later we had snow and the temps really dropped.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Wait, now. The vet wants to bring the yearling boy to your homeplace to board or to the school?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:03 pm

To the house. She could bring him to school, but he isn't ready for that yet. He's just a baby and needs to learn (better) how to be polite on the ground and for handlers. He is a nice boy, he just needs his manners cemented, and to be away from his herd for the first time.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Sounds like that will be an interesting experience come February.......for Casper, Envoy, you and the little yearling. Has this yearling been around kitties yet?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Will this be when Casper and Envoy are home for a school break or will you have New Boy on your own for a while?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 pm

I haven't told the vet yet that Casper is going to school. She is offering the boy to be Casper's friend for the winter. I wouldn't ask any horse to go anywhere on his own. I am going to call her tomorrow to see what we can work out. He would do well here, but I really do want Casper to get some school time. My husband is looking forward to getting a break from poo duty too. Cool So much to coordinate.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 pm

And so many possibilities too......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:04 pm

You know some school time and a break for hubby might be
nice for all.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I have a feeling you and your vet can work this out. Sounds like she was mostly looking out for Casper (and danged sweet of her, too!), not wanting him to be alone when Envoy went back to school. If Casper's off to school too, perhaps New Boy can come and join them during vacation. See how they get along.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Not a bad idea. Kinda like a trial run for later on when Envoy is home for the summer.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:36 pm

We'll see what happens. The vet is spending time with her family -- as she should. So, we can always coordinate later. I think it would be fun to help raise a baby. This one is big (almost 16 hands as a yearling!), so he will be a handful. But, he sounds smart so training should go well. He needs consistency and firm handling. Our biggest challenge will be trailer loading. He has only done it once, and since he's so big, he probably thinks of it as a very tiny space. He'll get it though. I have tons of time to work on it. He'll probably eat quite a few suppers in the trailer. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:59 pm

What's the yearling's name?

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 am

Ya know? I don't know! I figure I shouldn't ask at this point because I'd end up changing plans. Laughing I offered to go to the vet's house to help her with him while my boys are at school. I have a nice, big trailer that he might find less scary.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Got back a while ago from dropping off hay for the boys when they go to school. Everything is just about ready. They'll be going out on Saturday. I bought some dietary supplement stuff for Casper so he can stay calm when Envoy is out of sight. I'm hoping it will help him, and that the work will also help.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 pm

The boys spent their day in the back pasture sloshing through puddles and mud. It stopped raining in the late morning, and I let them out. They were happy to be out, but the weather was just damp and miserable. Now, the forecast says rain/snow mix tonight. Yuck! Tomorrow is supposed to be cold but dry. I think we will all be happy for that. All in all though, it was a good start to the year for everyone. I miss my Sabi, and I think the other horses do too. But, we move on from here, right?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am

Right.....we froze our way through New Years Day here. NO snow, no rain, but windy and COLD!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 pm

The farrier came today and we organized his visits to school for the boys. It will be harder for me to be there since I can work at home easily. I'd feel like I was intruding hanging out at the house for 8 hours. So, I'll just meet him before work and then work later. Since the feet will just be trimmed, it will be a no ride day anyway. I'll just clean stalls and pet ponies. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Sounds like a plan to me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 am

Today's the day. Of course, my water tank de-icer just died, so that's a chore I need to get done before we leave. I need to bring that tank for Casper's paddock since the one there doesn't have a mount for a de-icer. I know I'm going to forget something. At least tomorrow's another day without having to work so I can bring whatever I forgot then. As long as they have food and water, they'll be happy. As long as I remember the saddle, both girths, and both bridles, I'll be happy. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Hope this trip is an uneventful one....and that nothing got forgotten.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next