Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

+4
Sue Short
fiffur
Suzzzz
bpaquet
8 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 8 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm

hehehehehehehehehehe.................I'm still chuckling at the visual you just gave me Becky. Laughing
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 8 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by bpaquet Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 pm

The weather is improving. The boys got to go without their blankets today. I was surprised that they didn't roll just to get their hair all messy. For some reason, they're pretty clean. Maybe the mud puddles are too cold. I'm pretty sure Casper is going to decorate himself before his big homecoming on Sunday. Laughing
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Well you know a guy's got to look his best for homecoming.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Yes, and what better than a coat of many colors? hehehehehehe
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Today, Envoy got shoes! He's going to work a little harder for the next couple months, so we decided to put shoes on to keep his feet from getting worn down too fast. I'll probably take them off when he comes home -- unless he decides he likes them more than no shoes. Smile

I learned more about Casper's heels. It might be that he has a tendon problem. His hoof heels are good, but the way they are attached to his legs makes the farrier suspect that his tendons might be too loose. Of course, he can't diagnose, but I do trust his eye. I'll have to ask the vet when she comes for spring shots. If he does have a tendon problem, he probably doesn't have a riding future. If it's what the farrier suspects, it's a degenerative disease and not an injury. I really hope he's wrong! But, if he's not, Casper will be a happy pasture ornament. Not like I don't have loads of experience with unrideable horses. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

I hear you there Becky. I guess no more riding Casper until you know for sure about those tendons? If you can't ride him, can he be a carriage horse instead? Do tendon problems preclude pulling rather than carrying weight?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Now that's an idea.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Well... If it IS a tendon problem, it would be in the suspensory, which basically holds the hooves and legs together. If it is that kind of problem, he can be ridden lightly until he feels bad. Then, he would hang out until he couldn't -- kind of like Sabi. But, so far, so good. He feels good and happy. If he's sound, I'll hop on. If he's not, I'll just brush him and fuss on him.

Today, he came over for lots of pets. He was feeling so lovey. I think the nice weather put him in a good mood. He's also not had to wear a blanket for a couple nights. It's chilly, but not cold at night. The boys have shed their jambes. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:23 pm

You know tendon problems do not mean that he can't be ridden or driven. It just means
you have to be careful. Also with all the rest he's had he should be coming back sound enough
for light riding.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Very true. He's normally sound enough to walk comfortably. We'll continue to do that. He seems to enjoy it. He just won't be a long ride trail pony. That's ok. Envoy likes the trails too.

Envoy was a bit sad to see his friend go home. But, he's also falling in love with his new sister. (At least I hope it's sibling love. heehee)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Casper and his new friend did really well in the pasture today. Casper is being the herd leader, which is great for him. Boogie (who needs a different name!) is being good. He has to practice a bit with his haltering and stall skills, but he's smart. He'll get it.

I AM glad to have horses at home again. It feels like home.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 pm

How about Bogle, it's a great wine. Glad everybody got along, I'm imagine it does.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Yes, I imagine it was a bit sad not having the cheerful greeting at the barn first thing in the morning to start out your day. Or them waiting at the fence for you when you get home. Will Casper's new friend be staying on after you bring Falkina home?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 pm

He might stay for a couple days. It all depends on schedules. I only have 3 stalls, so weather has to stay good so everyone can stay out. I wouldn't make one pony stand around in miserable weather.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

I hear you there, and the aisle isn't really a proper stall no matter the weather.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Not at all. Smile Boogie looks very grateful to be in a stall. He was lying down when I went for bed check/night hay. I'm glad he's comfortable.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Envoy says he's found a new mommy. He whinnied for Falkina today when she was coming back to her paddock after riding. I think I've created a monster. Those two are bonded, and Casper just loves Envoy (and probably will Falkina too). I'm going to have a 3 headed horsey monster.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 am

I do love happy endings! Very Happy
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:00 pm

So do I.....and this story has the happiest ending of all (for the beginning). Very Happy

Becky, you may have some trouble taming the 3-headed horsey monster it looks like you created, but life will never be boring!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Envoy was a BAD boy today. He kicked the trainer. She was letting him out, and in his excitement he let his back feet fly. Bad, bad pony! He made contact. Shocked I told him he better be a super love bug tomorrow.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:38 pm

That was tacky, that was downright RUDE!!! What was he thinking.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm

After that, he had better be good as gold and superlovable as way of apology. I hope the trainer doesn't end up with too big of a painful bruise.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm

It always hurts... Worse when it's a usually good pony. He was a good boy today though. I think he knows he was rotten.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I hope he doesn't do that again. Is he still being a good boy? Gotta learn to curb some of that overenthusiasm.......folks get hurt when he doesn't mean to......just too much exuberance and got carried away.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 pm

That's exactly it. He just got carried away. He's been minding his manners. (The trainer threatened to saw his legs off at the knees and then tie the knees together. Laughing )

Today, at home, I found Casper's roll spot. It's covered with a bunch of white hair. He's almost done shedding, but apparently still has enough to leave a coating behind. I've been brushing him and trying to keep up. I guess he'll be one sleek guy once his hair is all done falling out. There is a BUNCH of it.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next