Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

+4
Sue Short
fiffur
Suzzzz
bpaquet
8 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 9 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by fiffur Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:38 pm

If the birds are all full-up on using hair, and the other little critters don't want it.......maybe it's time to make yourself a horsehair stuffed beanie chair to relax in somewhere around the place?
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School - Page 9 Empty Re: Envoy and Casper off to Boarding School

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 pm

I keep thinking that I should rake it up in a pile and bring it to the abandoned house on the corner. The feral kitties live in it, I think.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 am

They'd make good use of all that shed hair. Just keep an eye on the house....if you see a kitty or two hanging around or even going in you have the right house.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh! I know the house(s) the kitties live in. We have several abandoned houses down the street. The kitties chose the sturdiest one that doesn't look like a pack of raccoons have invaded. The people on the corner feed them, so they aren't hard to find. I wonder if I could interest them in a TNR program.

Envoy won a gold star today for being a good boy. He decided to work really well for his second training ride. This is a good thing. He's making the trainer happy, which keeps us ALL happy. I love you

bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Wouldn't hurt to try. If they're not, see if you can enlist some of the
locals. At least with the trapping and maybe a shekel or two.

Glad to hear that Envoy is being a good boy.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Doesn't hurt to ask, nothing ventured nothing gained. And if they want to keep the kibble bill down they should be interested in TNR.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Envoy is learning quickly. I had to pull his mane today because it was too long and thick. With the hard work, he was sweating a lot. So, I spent some quality grooming time with my boy. He's so sweet. The trainer says I should ride him next week just to keep us all in sync. So, I'll give Kina a day off, and spend a day playing with the boy.

Next month. I'll have to start playing with Casper again too. I don't know where I'll find enough time to ride three, but I'll just have to make the time.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm

lol! You'll find it trust me you'll find it and love every
crazy minute of it.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm

If it's important you will somehow make the time. I have a feeling you're going to do a lot of riding from here on out. Who knows, all that activity might make your diet a bit easier with more results.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Diet is kind of done. We're getting into the spring/summer veggie season, and I normally eat a ton of those. I'm all ready for my tomatoes to get going. Envoy and Casper are asking if I've planted any carrots (not yet).
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 09, 2013 11:55 am

And I imagine the kitties are asking if you planted all catnip? Wink
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I put mine in a hanging basket this year.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm

I have some in a pot. It is being slow about sprouting, but it's been so cold.

Casper and Boogie had a farrier visit today. I had to be at work for a big meeting, so the farrier did them in the pasture. He says both were very well behaved. I expected nothing less from Casper, and was very pleasantly surprised by Boogie. He's a good boy even though he's a baby.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I rode Envoy today in a Western saddle. I haven't ridden in one for about 20 years. This one was a bit large for me, but he was a champ, and it was kind of fun. I prefer English saddles, but this was a neat change. Envoy really seemed to like the change of pace too.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 pm

I have a feeling Boogie watched Envoy's example, and learned from it. Envoy's being a good influence on him no doubt.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Well... Boogie is at home and Envoy is still at school. (It's turning out to be a long semester!) He'll be coming home at the end of the month. But, Boogie IS learning many good things from Casper, who is a terrific teacher.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 pm

That's great. They do talk to each other.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 15, 2013 12:04 pm

I had no doubt Boogie had a good teacher, just had the wrong one in mind. Of course, Casper would be a good teacher. He's such a good, gentle soul.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Today's lesson was mud rolling. Casper is just about any color besides white. Boogie has mud splashes up to his ears. He's almost 17 hands tall! (That's 68 inches at the point of his withers.)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Try to look at as upper body strengthening for you. Yeah, right! Rolling Eyes
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu May 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Okay, I need a short outline of who's who (and who's whose, and who's where) at the Becky Ranch. We have Casper and Envoy, our core, but there also seem to be satellite pony-persons called Boogie Nights and Fatima (or some such thing) that flicker in and out of the story. Suzzzz needs a scorecard, and maybe Cliff Notes! scratch
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu May 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Cool The farm update -- Cliff Notes:

1. Envoy is still at boarding school for a couple weeks.
2. He's there with the new horse, Falkina, a 23 year old champion dressage Arabian who is VERY cute.
3. Casper is home.
4. Boogie is keeping Casper company until Envoy and Falkina come home. He is the vet's baby, who needed a little time in a quieter space to gain weight and grow some.

Falkina's whole story is in the "New pony for me?" thread. There are pix on pages 5 and 8. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri May 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Okay, is this right? *ahem*

Not Fatima, but Falkina, AKA Kina. And Kina is YOUR pony, adopted because she is beautiful (saw that!) and sweet and also to keep Casper & Envoy company since they no longer have their best bud around in person, only in spirit.

Kina goes to school with Envoy.

Boogie, the vet's babe, is hanging out at your place in order to blossom a bit, plus is keeping Casper company at home.

Does summer vacation start soon? Will all 4 of them be home for the duration?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 20, 2013 12:43 pm

OhMy, I can imagine the morning greeting you'll be getting if you have 4 of them in the barn for the summer.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

You got it, Suzzzz. Smile

Boogie won't stay for the summer. The vet wants him back so he can get some hands-on time to get ready to find his forever home. He's so sweet. He needs to figure out about wearing a saddle and bridle. He won't be broke to ride until next year or so, but he does need the beginnings. So, he goes back when Envoy and Falkina come home at the end of the month.

Kina is my pony. I got the privilege of adopting her because her rider went to college and kind of lost interest. Mom didn't want to pay board and tuition if the daughter wasn't going to ride. They continued to care very well for her, and she was in great shape when she came to me. She will probably not go to school next year. She and Casper might visit on the weekends as long as I can get the trailer in/out. But, she's perfectly trained, so she doesn't need to go to school. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next